Game Review

JetsMan57

Nice analysis. I had to listen to this one on radio, so I didn't get the true effect, but I'm not a big fan of constant blitzing. You just give up too many big plays. Especially when you are ahead. See Coles catch and run v. the Pats last week. Also, the Mangini-Belicheck mold calls for disguised coverages that can end up in ints. I think that's what's going on when you see the qb holding the ball for a year, but unable to pick a receiver.

Nice analysis. I had to listen to this one on radio, so I didn't get the true effect, but I'm not a big fan of constant blitzing. You just give up too many big plays. Especially when you are ahead. See Coles catch and run v. the Pats last week. Also, the Mangini-Belicheck mold calls for disguised coverages that can end up in ints. I think that's what's going on when you see the qb holding the ball for a year, but unable to pick a receiver.

Dont get me wrong, I am not a fan of constant blitzing either. But its obvious when yoru DLINE aint getting the job done and the QB has 5 seconds to thrwo you need to send help. When we do good things have been happening. We should do it a little more.

RE-TEs. In fairness, Sen Ryan's blocking has become a real asset. It might not show up on a stats sheet, but the guy knocks people over. On Houston's 2 runs, he was brutalizing Bills.

Sean Ryan is going to be the defacto starting FB if he can keep laying blocks like today. Askew doesn't look natural motioning around and then blocking for a run, Ryan looks like a bulldozer.

the RBBC was great - kudos to the coaches

by the time Houston got on the field his fresh legs allowed him to run people over for TD.

Katnik isn't hapless like JP Machado, last week he got the worst end of Richard Seymour and these Bills didn't have that sort of dominator up front so he played decent.

57 good analysis!

The offensive line was strong today in pass blocking. Real strong. The run blocking got better as the game went on. I think the Jets are simply in better condition than their opponents.

As far as next week goes against the Colts. 3 man line. Drop one into coverage. You aren't going to get to Peyton anyhow. Just put more guys in a zone down the field!

Actually this will sound silly but the Jets are better off playing a team like the Colts if they have to play one of the top teams. If they play a physical team they are going to get the ball run down their throats. They can't handle the physical game yet.

...I remember wondering to myself how we were leading at the half with our sloppy play but I view it as a major positive when a team wins on the road against a divisional opponent without playing their A game.

^Pats @ Jets precisely. And we could've had that one. I didn't see any A game out of NE. I saw our F game in the first half. A winnable game by all accounts, and had we played only HALF as cr*ppy in the first half, their ass was ours. We WILL get them next time.

^Pats @ Jets precisely. And we could've had that one. I didn't see any A game out of NE. I saw our F game in the first half. A winnable game by all accounts, and had we played only HALF as cr*ppy in the first half, their ass was ours. We WILL get them next time.

IF that's what you're saying, imagine what the Giants are saying.

Archived