Where's the love for OC Schott? He is doing GREAT!!!

SouthernJet

Schotty gets my kudos. It's not even that he's calling crazy creative plays. The guy just feels the flow of a game and apparently senses what will work with what he has to work with.

Also, say what you want about the running game but I started to see a little life in that running game in the 2nd half. It looked like to me that Barlow was being more decisive and using his power to gain a few extra yards. What can you say about Leon Washington, ofcourse he had that very nice screen pass but that run that got called back, b/c Moore's ineligible receiver penalty, was fantastic! He looked a little Sanders-esque on that. I would love to see Barlow and Leon start to split carries. Leon Washington reminds alot of Brian Westbrook.

Schotty gets my kudos. It's not even that he's calling crazy creative plays. The guy just feels the flow of a game and apparently senses what will work with what he has to work with.

Also, say what you want about the running game but I started to see a little life in that running game in the 2nd half. It looked like to me that Barlow was being more decisive and using his power to gain a few extra yards. What can you say about Leon Washington, ofcourse he had that very nice screen pass but that run that got called back, b/c Moore's ineligible receiver penalty, was fantastic! He looked a little Sanders-esque on that. I would love to see Barlow and Leon start to split carries. Leon Washington reminds alot of Brian Westbrook.

i'm not sure he's as good as westbrook... i'd view him more as a pretty good scat back in the kevin faulk mold with more speed.

i'm not sure he's as good as westbrook... i'd view him more as a pretty good scat back in the kevin faulk mold with more speed.

He reminds me a lot of David Meggett in his prime. I'd like to see what Washington, Barlow, and Houston could do in a rotation. Blaylock, to me, is the odd man out.

By the way, any word on Barlow? He limped off in the 4th quarter.

Tim Dwight lining up as a FB was a brilliant move, I would have never game planned for that.

The rotation of the RB's seemed to be PERFECT today, spurts of energy and power distributed perfectly to keep the bills honest and also to pound in some scores.

Remember last year's offense? hahahaha it was like techmo bowl compared to this.

Tim Dwight lining up as a FB was a brilliant move, I would have never game planned for that.

The rotation of the RB's seemed to be PERFECT today, spurts of energy and power distributed perfectly to keep the bills honest and also to pound in some scores.

Remember last year's offense? hahahaha it was like techmo bowl compared to this.

Tecmo Bowl took more risks than a Herman Edwards offense. Those playbooks had flea flickers and FB fakes, HB tosses.

Kudos to offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer,,

he ha sbeen doing a outstanding job to date. He certainly doesnt have his dads conservative leanings..

I said it yesterday while praising Mangini that we have to give some of the credit to Schotty, just a well coached game in every phase.

I give Kudos to Lil' Schott for this week.

I was critical of 2 specific things last week: lack of screens to slow down the rush, and the 4th & inches call last week...

2 screens would have been big plays if not for penalties (and Washington's big play in the 1st half was very screen-like), and Chad sneaking for the 1st down this week (instead of staring Barlow 7 yds deep to get 6 inches)....

wonder how much teachin clemens is gettin during week now that season has started

He has to be learning quite a bit from Chad, who is running a semi-no huddle. Watching game film and getting stuff 'spained to him has to be good.

Not rushing a rookie QB into the fray will hopefully pay dividends.

Archived