Cedric Houston

Cant Hackett

Time to get Houston some carries. He did not play in the first two games, apparently in the dog house because of special teams. The OL is not getting it done with the run blocking, but Cedric was able to manage a 3.7 YPC with a worst OL and passing game last year. Use Washington as a change of pace RB. The OL should improve a little each week.

Time to get Houston some carries. He did not play in the first two games, apparently in the dog house because of special teams. The OL is not getting it done with the run blocking, but Cedric was able to manage a 3.7 YPC with a worst OL and passing game last year. Use Washington as a change of pace RB. The OL should improve a little each week.

I think Houston got a non-stop ticket to the doghouse in the first preseason game, when he utterly failed to pick up the blitz, leading to the sack and fumble by CP in the red zone.

I'd like to see how he does now, and also hope he gets some carries.

btw, I know I was pumping up Leon all summer, but kudos to the staff, which did a great job last week putting him in a position to make something happen.

i'd like to see that too..

i watched the JAX/ COLTS game last night ...JAX was pounding the ball through the middle..and had 103 rushing in a 1/4 and a half..

now im not saying that we'd do that good but pounding the ball like they did could work..

I still want to see Houston and Washington used much more in the 1/2, Thunder and Lightening type of running.

BZ

Colts use that tampa-2 without tampa's 5-6 pro-bowlers. Not exactly a team geared to stop the run. And Jax certainly did the thunder & lightning thing with Taylor/Drew.

Then we need to get L-Wash in the mix with some of the pounders. I think cedric is a little pissed about not playing and could have a huge game, just my gut feeling.

I have been in favor of Cedric and Barlow as our pair of grinders for a while now. In that order. And then use Leon as your change of pace back. Cedric needs to block better and hang on to the darn ball. Maybe the pickup of the big fullback signals a move towards this kind of configuration.

Blaylock is a complete waste.

I still want to see Houston and Washington used much more in the 1/2, Thunder and Lightening type of running.

BZ

Same here. Throw in Barlow as a breather for one or the other from time to time.

Also, if teh Colts pass rush is strong, get Leon in one-on-one situations with dumpoffs.

I liked Houston right from us drafting him out of Tennessee-the coaching staff got down on him and rightfully so for non blitz pickups and some fumbling. He should be in the mix with some fresh legs though and hopefully he has learned from his banishment.

All of our running backs stink including Houston. The fact that he performed half-way decent during meaningless games doesn't impress me.

The entire Jets' offense right now restson Chad Penninton's shoulders. If the Houston can't protect him and Pennington is seriously hurt the Jets probably won't win another game for the rest of the season.

Adrian Peterson or Michael Bush next draft.

I think we're going to see a lot of Sean Ryan at h-back blocking for Houston and Barlow, along with with Brad Smith and Leon Washington getting short passes in the flat to try to get them in open space. Blaylock is done. That will be what running game the Jets can have.

Archived