We are sacrificing the running game because of Chad!

puertorricanjet

but short attack at best. Meaning two things: One, Chad needs more protection from running backs due to injuries, meaning that we are hindering the running game. Two, we are predictable passing team.

I have not seen any kind of overuse of max protect.

The passing game is a facet that so far is working, so predictability at this time is not debateable.

Offer any single solitary shred of evidence that you have that the Jets are protecting Chad any differently than they would another qb. Offer one shred-then we can continue.

Otherwise you are throwing up in the wind

WTF...why is Tx all of a sudden sticking up for the Jets????:P

I wouldn't call it "sticking up for the Jets."

It's more the reality of the situation.

One rookie starter on the Oline is tough enough, but two, makes it an extremely difficult situation. I think both Mangold and D'Brick have been exceeding their expectations through the first 3 games. They will only get better as the season goes on.

The Jets RB situation speaks for itself. Unfortunately, it is what it is.

One rookie starter on the Oline is tough enough, but two, makes it an extremely difficult situation. I think both Mangold and D'Brick have been exceeding their expectations through the first 3 games. They will only get better as the season goes on.

The Jets running game is ill because over-protection?

Wow... since leaving JI you have actually been upping your ratio of good to crap posts. You were at about 1 good post for every 1,000 and now seem to be around 1 to 5. Nice.

Our running game is just bad. It is bad from the start, to the finish and there are no playmakers. The age old "O-line vs RB" is still raging on while we get stuffed.

I still think that Cedric + Leon is the best combo we have. Let Barlow fetch ice.

BZ

The Jets running game is ill because over-protection?

Pass blocking and run blocking are mutually exclusive of each other.

There is a different set of skills and techniques that are necessary for each.

There is no way you can draw the conclusions that by "overprotecting" during pass plays, it has a negative impact on run blocking.

Chad injury-prone status has ill the Jets running game for a while. Is there a possibility we could get more yards with C. Houston? But the question is why he is not playing? Because he can't block? or Because we are over-protecting the QB?

I suggest you sit down and watch a game. Oh, did I mention you have to do this with your eyes OPEN?

Tx, now that two things we agree on, this and lesbians :wink:

Why cant you answer? Do you think we are over-protecting the QB?

It is a simple question and a stupid one. The one above is even dumber. We are not talking about keeping backs in to block. We are talking about backs that are supposed to be picking up the blitz whiffing completely. Forget about killing the QB, (any QB) that's how you lose games. Ask Losman. Do you think that Jets might have had trouble winning if the Buff backs picked up Kerry Rhodes and blocked him?

There is a simple rational answer to your stupid question.

It is a simple question and a stupid one. The one above is even dumber. We are not talking about keeping backs in to block. We are talking about backs that are supposed to be picking up the blitz whiffing completely. Forget about killing the QB, (any QB) that's how you lose games. Ask Losman. Do you think that Jets might have had trouble winning if the Buff backs picked up Kerry Rhodes and blocked him?

There is a simple rational answer to your stupid question.

But, don't you think we are more concern blocking Chad's shoulder than running the ball?

Why cant you answer? Do you think we are over-protecting the QB?

No, we're not over protecting the QB. We are protecting him just enough to allow him to complete 60% of his passes and based on the fact that he can run play action as well as any QB in the league tells me that without Chad, the running game would be even worse. At least he can sell the fake hand off and completes enough passes to make a defense respect him. He's also completed enough long balls to stop the defense from constanstly having 8 in the box.

Nick Mangold is doing an admirable job and learning to play at the NFL level

D' Brik is doing a great job pass blocking but not as well vs. the run...still learning

Norm Katnik saw his first NFL action at LG filling in for our best run blocker who is hurt

Brandon Moore has not been playing well and was dominated against the Pats

Those are a few of the reasons why our running game has been awful.

Now go start a thread on how it's Chads fault that Mike Nugent missed two FGs and an XP on opening day.

No, we're not over protecting the QB. We are protecting him just enough to allow him to complete 60% of his passes and based on the fact that he can run play action as well as any QB in the league tells me that without Chad, the running game would be even worse. At least he can sell the fake hand off and completes enough passes to make a defense respect him. He's also completed enough long balls to stop the defense from constanstly having 8 in the box.

Nick Mangold is doing an admirable job and learning to play at the NFL level

D' Brik is doing a great job pass blocking but not as well vs. the run...still learning

Norm Katnik saw his first NFL action at LG filling in for our best run blocker who is hurt

Brandon Moore has not been playing well and was dominated against the Pats

Those are a few of the reasons why our running game has been awful.

Now go start a thread on how it's Chads fault that Mike Nugent missed two FGs and an XP on opening day.

Best reply of the day. Regardless that you Aim High or Air Power. "Army of One" overhere!

Common, at least I give him credit for not getting personal and elaborating intellectually.

I just don't get the personal attacks on message boards. I think the best thing to do is use ingore when you see somebody getting to you that much. I come here to enjoy quality discussions and debates. Not name calling and insults and irrational responses to rational statements. If I wanted that I'd become a school teacher so I could hang out with people who act the way I did when I was twelve.

Archived