Nugent's Kick-offs

i remember shea

i don't know if this has been "threaded" yet, so i apologize if this is a repeat...

we are constantly in the hole after each kick-off...the return men are standing at the goal line and then obtaining running starts after Nugent's kick-offs. they are already in motion as they catch the ball, and are heading upfield at near full speed. it is wreaking havoc in the field position game. the average start for those two tds in the last 8 minutes of the game had to be at the 30+ yardline. it is really concerning, and is consistently a problem.

i don't know if this has been "threaded" yet, so i apologize if this is a repeat...

we are constantly in the hole after each kick-off...the return men are standing at the goal line and then obtaining running starts after Nugent's kick-offs. they are already in motion as they catch the ball, and are heading upfield at near full speed. it is wreaking havoc in the field position game. the average start for those two tds in the last 8 minutes of the game had to be at the 30+ yardline. it is really concerning, and is consistently a problem.

ya he blows

We should just onside kick after every score. We can save our special team players 10 to 15 yards of running every game.

Agreed this is an issue. I don't think Nugent will be the kicker next season. I am sure they tried it but I would love to see Graham kicking off!

Unless he can punt the thing it ain't gonna happen. In Aussie Rules you don't kick off a tee.

I can punt a football 50 yards, but can't kick off a tee or kick a field goal to save my life.

westoff coaches loft not distance on kickoffs - it's not about distance it's about time for the guys to get down field and LESS TIME for the returner to look upfield

you all saw what an NFL KO returner can do with time!

Justin Miller got it 4 yards deep in the end zone, sized up the field and tore that Colts coverage apart.

how much did distance matter for Gramattica's "Best" kickoff of the day?

Give a guy like Justin Miller more distance that's a DISADVANTAGE for the kicking team.

what's an extra 10 yards for a guy that runs 4.3 with explosion?

it's about 3 strides

distance on kickoffs is extremely overrated especially by Jets fans.

westoff coaches loft not distance on kickoffs - it's not about distance it's about time for the guys to get down field and LESS TIME for the returner to look upfield

Justin Miller got it 4 yards deep in the end zone, sized up the field and tore that Colts coverage apart.

Give a guy like Justin Miller more distance that's a DISADVANTAGE for the kicking team.

it's about 3 strides

Nugent's last kick off had neither loft or distance, it was a short line drive.

it's about 3 strides

If you watched the Pats/Bengals game you would have seen kick-offs with loft and distance. I think the Bengals ran out the ball twice and we kicked off 7 times.

it's about 3 strides

You can't possibly believe that crap.

Distance on kick-offs is not important?:eek:

I must admit I'm the fan who liked the Nugent drafting in the 2nd,

Yep, I'm the guy

With that said I must admit I have been VERY concerned with his short kickoffs.

Nothing wrong with admitting your mistakes. I do it all the time!

You can't possibly believe that crap.

Distance on kick-offs is not important?:eek:

He didnt say that. But hangtime is more important.

I swear some people would rather he kick a line drive a yard deep in the endzone every time which would only make the starting field position better for the other team.

Matter of fact, he had good loft on each of his kickoffs which mostly were within the 5 yard line, but his last kickoff was weak I wont lie.

it's about 3 strides

That would be fine if the Jets were preventing the other team from starting with good field position. I havent looked at the stats but it seems like Nuge kicks to the 5 and it is returned for 27 yards each time.

#-o

That would be fine if the Jets were preventing the other team from starting with good field position. I havent looked at the stats but it seems like Nuge kicks to the 5 and it is returned for 27 yards each time.

How many times have the Jets opponents started past the 30-yard line this year?

Sunday was just another example.

it's about 3 strides

That is all fine and dandy, but Westhoff might want to start practicing tackling skills also. The loft over distance only works if you hold them to a small average. The Jets' 23.8 average against is 24th in the league. I could be wrong, but 23.8 from the 5 is better then 23.8 from the 12.

I must admit I'm the fan who liked the Nugent drafting in the 2nd,

Yep, I'm the guy

With that said I must admit I have been VERY concerned with his short kickoffs.

My take on the pick was it was a reaction pick. However if he turned out to be automatic and have a big leg and was our kicker for 10 years in a few years the lost pick wouldn't mean much. In retrospect the lack of attention to both the DL and the OL in order to fix a relatively small problem turned out to be incredibly stupid. Nuge was drafted on reputation not ability. We have a kicker who is far from automatic and who gives up field position. That's not a very good pick in round 2 for a team that had issues on both lines.

we are here 2-2 after a 4-12 campaign and people are bitterly whining about kickoffs

what's next? Gonna hold a protest about the price of parking?

Jets fans natural state is to be pissed off and dissapointed about s--t they don't control and most of the time don't understand

Archived