The Rookies are the Reason...

lawngnome o-line

That we have turned ourselves around. Mangini's theory of, the best player can start is giving rookies a chance and these "high character" guys are taking advantage.

Brick- Solid, developing with the line

Mangold-Proving why he was the best center at his position, well worth the #29

Brad Smith-X factor and then some since he's been a big help on special teams as well as attracting the eye of the defense on any play.

Leon Washington-Definitely the brightest star out of the bunch, solidifying himself as a #1 rusher on the team and a mainstay at the running back position.

Anthony Schlegel-May be slow footed and not worth the 3rd rounder, but for a rookie has contributed nicely on defense and special teams

Drew Coleman-Steps up big in the CB role, will beat out Miller (horrible!) for CB with the way that he tackles and covers. Has potential to do something bigger with the Jets.

If you can name another team with 6 rookies, all of which with major impacts on their teams success I would love to see it. A few teams have 1 or 2 big guys, but not 5-6 (counting Schlegel and Coleman as 1/2 an impact player each).

Discuss.

Schlegel has "has contributed nicely on defense and special teams"? He hasn't played, or even been on the active roster, in a single game yet.

Agree on all other counts.

Schlegel is the practice warrior-he gets the guys ready for game day-don't you know Sperm

You were confusing me on the shelgal production. I could have sworn he hasn't played a down yet. I'm actually really disappointed in this pick. Every other guy we have chosen has done pretty well. The Shelgal pick still has me wondering how we dropped the ball on him.:confused:

Again, Schlegel is the practice warrior-he gets the guys ready for game day.

If you can name another team with 6 rookies, all of which with major impacts on their teams success I would love to see it.

First off, Schlegel has yet to even dress for a game.

So I can easily name another team with 5 rookies who have made a major impact:

Laurence Maroney - leads all rookies in rushing, including Reggie Bush

Chad Jackson- starting WR

Ryan O'Callaghan- starting RT

Steve Gostkowski- starting kicker

Dave Thomas- 3rd TE

First off, Schlegel has yet to even dress for a game.

So I can easily name another team with 5 rookies who have made a major impact:

Laurence Maroney - leads all rookies in rushing, including Reggie Bush

Chad Jackson- starting WR

Ryan O'Callaghan- starting RT

Steve Gostkowski- starting kicker

Dave Thomas- 3rd TE

Dude, I'll give you Maroney, Jackson, and O'Callaghan.

But Gostkowski has only hit on 63% of his FG's (all under 40 yards) this season and Dave Thomas has only caught two balls. You call that a major impact?

The Jets have had a more successful draft so far.

But Gostkowski has only hit on 63% of his FG's (all under 40 yards) this season

Yea, that 63% really carries alot of weight seeing that Gostkowski has only attempted 8 FG's all year.

And BTW, Gostkowski leads all kickers in the NFL with kick-off average of 71.1 yards per kick-off.

Your wasted 2nd round draft pick is a full 10 yards behind him.;)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/K-KICKOFFS/2006/regular?&_1:col_1=5&_1:col_2=6

That we have turned ourselves around. Mangini's theory of, the best player can start is giving rookies a chance and these "high character" guys are taking advantage.

Brick- Solid, developing with the line

Mangold-Proving why he was the best center at his position, well worth the #29

Brad Smith-X factor and then some since he's been a big help on special teams as well as attracting the eye of the defense on any play.

Leon Washington-Definitely the brightest star out of the bunch, solidifying himself as a #1 rusher on the team and a mainstay at the running back position.

Anthony Schlegel-May be slow footed and not worth the 3rd rounder, but for a rookie has contributed nicely on defense and special teams

Drew Coleman-Steps up big in the CB role, will beat out Miller (horrible!) for CB with the way that he tackles and covers. Has potential to do something bigger with the Jets.

If you can name another team with 6 rookies, all of which with major impacts on their teams success I would love to see it. A few teams have 1 or 2 big guys, but not 5-6 (counting Schlegel and Coleman as 1/2 an impact player each).

Discuss.

I think Mangold has by far been the best of the bunch, at a very hard position that stresses communication and grasp of blocking intracacies as much as physical ability.

Archived