The Pats are going to the Super Bowl

SoFlaJets

I will say that they have come along nicely from game 1.

The offensive playcalling is looking better. Junior Seau has been a VERY pleasant surprise (he's not amazing but he's doing yeoman's work, and at his age that's sorta shocking). Samuel is playing like it's his contract year. Graham's blocking has been as good as it has ever been, which is to say amazing. The OL has looked good. Gabriel and Jackson are coming on a bit. Our best CB should be returning as a reinforcement in a few weeks. Rodney hasn't been his old self, but he's also been doing yeoman's work.... and Ty Warren is having a pro-bowl caliber season for us.

There's a lot to like.... but they have to keep getting better.

I thought the play calling was sh*tty as usual. Wrong calls at the wrong time ruled the day. Someone please explain why McDaniels calls the reverse/end around three times a game? Always with Jackson. Yah, teams can't smell that coming, Josh! Yeesh! Shoeble gave Light fits as usual. Actually, more than usual since Graham was inactive yesterday due to injury. Graham makes Light look good. Light, otherwise, is mediocre at best. Who is this best CB you speak of? The one that is coming back in a few weeks? Who is it? Hank Poteat? LOL!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will say that they have come along nicely from game 1.

The offensive playcalling is looking better. Junior Seau has been a VERY pleasant surprise (he's not amazing but he's doing yeoman's work, and at his age that's sorta shocking). Samuel is playing like it's his contract year. Graham's blocking has been as good as it has ever been, which is to say amazing. The OL has looked good. Gabriel and Jackson are coming on a bit. Our best CB should be returning as a reinforcement in a few weeks. Rodney hasn't been his old self, but he's also been doing yeoman's work.... and Ty Warren is having a pro-bowl caliber season for us.

There's a lot to like.... but they have to keep getting better.

which they have been doing RS-the biggest difference between what I saw from them earlier in the season and now is Brady's getting comfortable with his receivers

Being in England I often thought I should have chosen New England

all those years ago when it came to picking a team, but they had such a lame logo with that fat guy over the ball, I really could`nt stomach seeing them win another one, I have faith however this time next year, we`ll be ready and it`ll be a looooooooooong time before the pats get anywhere near the playoffs, but I`m english so what the hell do I know...

POTW nom

I thought the play calling was sh*tty as usual. Wrong calls at the wrong time ruled the day. Someone please explain why McDaniels calls the reverse/end around three times a game? Always with Jackson. Yah, teams can't smell that coming, Josh! Yeesh! Shoeble gave Light fits as usual. Actually, more than usual since Graham was inactive yesterday due to injury. Graham makes Light look good. Light, otherwise, is mediocre at best. Who is this best CB you speak of? The one that is coming back in a few weeks? Who is it? Hank Poteat? LOL!

Yeah, that Chad Jackson reverse went so poorly.

Ellis Hobbs is the answer to your question.... though I actually didn't realize he was already back in limited duty.

Yeah, that Chad Jackson reverse went so poorly.

Ellis Hobbs is the answer to your question.... though I actually didn't realize he was already back in limited duty.

Hobbs actually started against Miami and played nickle yesterday. btw - he's hardly our best db. That would be Asante.

The Chad reverse - the first one - went well. But jeez loiuse, how many times is Josh going to THAT well? It's dry already, Mr. McDaniels!

You're going to tell me New England is better then the same Denver team who kicked their ass on New England's home field?

If Denver's defense plays in the playoffs like it has so far this season, I don't care if Jake Plummer throws 5 times and 4 of those are screen passes, Denver is going to beat anybody if they continue to average letting up 1 touchdown every 3 games.

You're going to tell me New England is better then the same Denver team who kicked their ass on New England's home field?

If Denver's defense plays in the playoffs like it has so far this season, I don't care if Jake Plummer throws 5 times and 4 of those are screen passes, Denver is going to beat anybody if they continue to average letting up 1 touchdown every 3 games.

Exactly! The only hope is that Denver "peaks" too early....or suffers some devastating injuries.

BTW - how come Walker hasn't had any problems "gelling" with the Denver offense? If I hear one more person say the Pats receivers need time "gel" I'll scream. Personally, I just don't think they are that good. Jackson COULD be - but I haven't seen anything so far to give me THAT much hope.

Exactly! The only hope is that Denver "peaks" too early....or suffers some devastating injuries.

BTW - how come Walker hasn't had any problems "gelling" with the Denver offense? If I hear one more person say the Pats receivers need time "gel" I'll scream. Personally, I just don't think they are that good. Jackson COULD be - but I haven't seen anything so far to give me THAT much hope.

Garb, you're 110% right. The Pats don't have any good receivers except for Jackson. Reche Caldwell I thought could do well out of San Diego but obviously I was wrong and Doug Gabriel just isn't turning out to be anything for you guys.

Bottom line is, New England can return to the Super Bowl but if Denver's D remains healthy and plays like this the rest of the way, it's going to be the Broncos in Miami on February 4th.

Garb, you're 110% right. The Pats don't have any good receivers except for Jackson. Reche Caldwell I thought could do well out of San Diego but obviously I was wrong and Doug Gabriel just isn't turning out to be anything for you guys.

Bottom line is, New England can return to the Super Bowl but if Denver's D remains healthy and plays like this the rest of the way, it's going to be the Broncos in Miami on February 4th.

Gabriel did make a fantastic catch yesterday. Brady threw it in very, very tight coverage. Coulda/shoulda been an INT, but Gabriel found a seam and came back to the ball. Fantastic play by him. I'll give him that.

Too late. NE is going to the dance. The only suspense is who will be facing them from the NFC.

This is not a JINX

Probably Chicago or Panthers, but Pats should definitely run away with the AFC this year the way things are working out right now.

...again-they are the best team in the AFC right now.Jake Plummer STINKS and if Shanahan DOES make the move to Cutler mortgage the house and bet aginst them in the playoffs against New England.Props to Tom Brady who is the best QB in the game today-I saw some of those throws he made yesterday...al I can say is I wish we had him

Who are they buying their tickets from?

Yeah.. right after that.

It is the law of averages, we have to win some year. :)

BZ

Maybe in one of the following years, but certainly not anytime soon.;)

In the year 2525

If man is still alive

If woman can survive

They may find

In the year 3535

Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lie

Everything you think, do and say

Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545

You ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes

You won't find a thing to chew

Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555

Your arms hangin' limp at your sides

Your legs got nothin' to do

Some machine's doin' that for you

In the year 6565

You won't need no husband, won't need no wife

You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too

From the bottom of a long glass tube

In the year 7510

If God's a-coming, He oughta make it by then

Maybe He'll look around Himself and say

"Guess it's time for the judgement day"

In the year 8510

God is gonna shake His mighty head

He'll either say "I'm pleased where man has been"

Or tear it down, and start again

In the year 9595

I'm kinda wonderin' if man is gonna be alive

He's taken everything this old earth can give

And he ain't put back nothing

Now it's been ten thousand years

Man has cried a billion tears

For what, he never knew

Now man's reign is through

But through eternal night

The twinkling of starlight

So very far away

Can I add that to your list of predictions?

TX: The Jets will NEVER get a first round pick for Abe.

TX: The Jets will be 1-7 at the bye.

You are on a roll.

BZ

Predict the Score... Pats vs Jets (9/17/06) -- merged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to get this one going early. Lot of time for debate.

Jets: 27

Pats: 23

Notes:

- Chad has another good week, but throws a INT

- Jets running game continues to suffer but Houston gets a shot

- Andre Dyson gets his third pick of the year, but brings to the house

- The NUUUGE misses NOTHING!

BZ

Good call BZ.:eek:

Predict the Score... Pats vs Jets (9/17/06) -- merged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to get this one going early. Lot of time for debate.

Jets: 27

Pats: 23

Notes:

- Chad has another good week, but throws a INT

- Jets running game continues to suffer but Houston gets a shot

- Andre Dyson gets his third pick of the year, but brings to the house

- The NUUUGE misses NOTHING!

BZ

Good call BZ.:eek:

Thanks. It was close.

You, on the other hand, have been WAY off.

Prediction: 1-7 into the bye

Reality: 4-3 with a game to go.

Prediction: Not going to get a first round pick for Abe.

Reality: Got a first round pick.

BZ

Newsflash: When something is blantly intended to Jinx, it is rendered ineffective. Sometimes it has the opposite effect. Be careful Jest fans.

You can't really believe this, that we would stoop to such a level.

Just look back at all the posts bashing me for saying the Pats are going to run away with the AFC this year, how can this be anything but the honest truth if I'm going to take such abuse on a message board that I hold in such high regard? Hmm, hm?

In the year 2525

If man is still alive

If woman can survive

They may find

In the year 3535

In the year 4545

In the year 5555

In the year 6565

In the year 7510

In the year 8510

In the year 9595

For what, he never knew

So very far away

Bradyback Mountain is going down, and I aint talking 'bout love!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

In the year 2525

If man is still alive

If woman can survive

They may find

In the year 3535

In the year 4545

In the year 5555

In the year 6565

In the year 7510

In the year 8510

In the year 9595

For what, he never knew

So very far away

WTF????

you have got to be sh!tting me? lyrics...???

cmon tx... at least pick a song from the last 35 years...;)

zagar and evans.. LOL

Archived