Blackout

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You didn't hit a sore spot as at least Pennington admits when he stinks the place up...Brady comes up small with those comments....And you are a TX Groupie who used to call this site imitation Nation and only came over after TX began his extended pout session.

Now I am sorry if I hit a sore spot.;)

Show me one time that I called this site imitation nation. You must have me confused with someone else, I could care less about the border wars. I was lurking for a long time but never signed up because the traffic was low.

It is true however that I decided to sign up when Tx left the other site. I enjoy Tx's posts and especially like the way he gets under delusional fans skin that think the Jets are SB bound and Penny is an elite QB.

Interesting that no Pats fans are making excuses for Tom, unlike PennyHeads with Chad. Haven't heard any of the below which are staples for the Chad Lovers.

"Yeah but he had them in the position to win if not for Kevin Faulk"

"Three of those INT's were tipped so there not his fault"

"It was windy"

"The receivers couldn't get open"

"The Oline was the sux"

Maybe that's because people are are only joking when they say Brady should be benched. This is a top 2 qb in the league sh1itting the bed in a big game at home against a mediocre D. Do you know what it means? Not much. Maybe that EVERYBODY has bad games. Pennington isn't as good as Brady, so it happens more often. What a shock. Doesn't mean that Pennington is Browning Nagle either. Brady is the ONLY qb appreciably better than Chad to win a SB this decade.

I think that the PennyHeads are ridiculuos, I think Tx does as well. If sharing a single opinion makes me a groupie then so be it..

While I undserstand your point, because someone has an opinion that is different than yours, does not make them "ridiculous".

Opinions are what make sites like this great. You can certainly disagree with someone's opinion, and vice versa.

But, that does not make their opinion "silly".

Some do have a thin skin though, when it comes to disagreeing with their opinion. That is another matter.

While I undserstand your point, because someone has an opinion that is different than yours, does not make them "ridiculous".

Opinions are what make sites like this great. You can certainly disagree with someone's opinion, and vice versa.

But, that does not make their opinion "silly".

Some do have a thin skin though, when it comes to disagreeing with their opinion. That is another matter.

I agree Scott, but I've been a "Penny hater" on various message boards since 04 when he signed the contract. I've had my worthiness as a fan and my loyalty questioned by these folks constantly, all while watching them throw the rest of the team and coaching staff under the bus to make excuses for Penny. In their world; supporting Penny at the expense of the team = true Jets fan; being critical of Penny and defending the team = bad Jets fans.

Maybe that's because people are are only joking when they say Brady should be benched. This is a top 2 qb in the league sh1itting the bed in a big game at home against a mediocre D. Do you know what it means? Not much. Maybe that EVERYBODY has bad games. Pennington isn't as good as Brady, so it happens more often. What a shock. Doesn't mean that Pennington is Browning Nagle either. Brady is the ONLY qb appreciably better than Chad to win a SB this decade.

Their not making a joke, their trying to make a point by highlighting how stupid it sounds to suggest benching your starting QB after 1 bad game. Of course they ignore the obvious differences between Chad and Brady when making this point..

I agree Scott, but I've been a "Penny hater" on various message boards since 04 when he signed the contract. I've had my worthiness as a fan and my loyalty questioned by these folks constantly, all while watching them throw the rest of the team and coaching staff under the bus to make excuses for Penny. In their world; supporting Penny at the expense of the team = true Jets fan; being critical of Penny and defending the team = bad Jets fans.

No problem in not likeing a player. That is a fan's "right' as much as being a "homer".

Just don't begrudge someone because they feel differntly.

I think we are on the same page.

It must really suck to hate the QB of the team you for which you claim to root.

Groupie

Genius, the quotes were to indicate that I've been referred to as a Penny Hater, not that I actually hate him...

And thanks for proving my point about questioning someones team loyality because they question the QB of that team.

It must suck really wanting to suck off the QB of the team for which you claim to root...

No problem in not likeing a player. That is a fan's "right' as much as being a "homer".

Just don't begrudge someone because they feel differntly.

I think we are on the same page.

I agree, which is why the questioning of team loyality is particularly disturbing and why I like to see Tx getting under their skin.. ;)

You see guys like you and Putzfan actually have it wrong.

The percentage of Jets fans who really think he is

a- garbage

or

b- elite

is really small compared to the large majority of fans who see him as he is.

Unfortunately, the extremists get too much attention on message boards, while the "silent majority" understand that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

You see guys like you and Putzfan actually have it wrong.

The percentage of Jets fans who really think he is

a- garbage

or

b- elite

is really small compared to he large majority of fans who see him as he is.

Unfortunately, the extremists get too much attention on message boards, while the "silent majority" understand that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

For the silent majority, you certainly have a lot to say.. :rolleyes:

I don't think Chad is garbage, I think he's somewhere between 10-15th in the league. I argue with the people that claim he's elite or top 5, especially when you consider their claim that he's had no oline, bad coaches, no Wr's, no running game and no defense....

For the silent majority, you certainly have a lot to say.. :rolleyes:

I don't think Chad is garbage, I think he's somewhere between 10-15th in the league. I argue with the people that claim he's elite or top 5, especially when you consider he's had no oline, bad coaches, no Wr's, no running game and no defense....

NO ONE SAID THAT HE WAS TOP 5 IN THE LEAGUE. JUST SHUT UP.

Eventually, the middle of the road silent majority speaks up when the extremists get too noisy.

But go ahead and be a groupie if it makes you happy.

I'll continue rooting for the guys wearing the Green and White, whether they are top five at the position or not.

Eventually, the middle of the road silent majority speaks up when the extremists get too noisy.

But go ahead and be a groupie if it makes you happy.

So do you, the self appointed voice of the silent majority, disagree with my saying he's somewhere between the 10th and 15th best QB in the league?

I'll continue rooting for the guys wearing the Green and White, whether they are top five at the position or not.

Nice, so I can assume that you've NEVER been critical of any Jet player then? Or does your lover boy Penny just get special treatment?

am i making retarded statements that have ZERO basis in fact? nope.

Yes actually you are, if you don't think any Jet fan has referred to penny as a top 5 QB this season.

i'll say whatever i want.

Likewise....

So do you, the self appointed voice of the silent majority, disagree with my saying he's somewhere between the 10th and 15th best QB in the league?

Nice, so I can assume that you've NEVER been critical of any Jet player then? Or does your lover boy Penny just get special treatment?

you are just as bad as the patsy trolls. you're creating arguemnts for NO REASON. show me ONE EXAMPLE of somone saying Chad is a top 5 QB in the NFL. YOU CAN'T BECAUSE NO ONE SAID THAT.Stop making up excuses to troll.

you are just as bad as the patsy trolls. you're creating arguemnts for NO REASON. show me ONE EXAMPLE of somone saying Chad is a top 5 QB in the NFL. YOU CAN'T BECAUSE NO ONE SAID THAT.Stop making up excuses to troll.

Agree. I'm not wasting time with this groupie anymore.

i dont remember anyone saying top5 ...top 10..there was a bunch saying that...but never top5..unless it was BZ:)

Here's one, from the Chad Pennington MVP thread. And keep in mind I'm not to familiar with this board so I don't know who the likely candidates are. And this ignores all the threads and posts that imply Chad = Brady - great defense and coaching staff.

Your fixated on the figure of speech of top 5, what I mean is that people think he's elite and make a bunch of excuses for him not being widely considered as elite.

Now will you shut up? ;)

Pennington is one piece of the puzzle? Are you kidding me? If Kellen Clemens or Patrick Ramsey start instead of Pennington the Jets are 0-4 instead of 2-2. Where is the defense? Where is the running game? Pennington and his passing game is all this team has.

I don't know if you were bashing Chad Pennington for the previous 12 months though you probably were. Right now he is playing like a top 5 QB in spite of having nothing around him on offense.

Saying chad "is playing" like a top 5 QB is very different from saying he is a top 5. At the time peternorth made that post, chad's numbers were in the top 5 of every important stat. Thats a valid statement.

Do you want me to find a post where someone says he is top 5? Like I said, it's a figure of speech...

Archived