Can we beat New England?

80gonyjets51

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 dollars for parking.

107 dollars for the seat.

Watching the Colts kick the crap out of the Pats: Priceless.

Correct. Parking is $35

Incorrect: My Tickets are $125

Incorrect: The Colts did not kick the crap out of the Pats.

If you want to talk ticket prices and parking get back to me when the Jets get a new Stadium. A $124 seat will be in the nosebleeds and $35 will get you a spot in Newark and a shuttle bus to the Stadium.

Can:

1. to be able to; have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.

2. to know how to: He can play chess, although he's not particularly good at it.

3. to have the power or means to: A dictator can impose his will on the people.

4. to have the right or qualifications to: He can change whatever he wishes in the script.

5. may; have permission to: Can I speak to you for a moment?

6. to have the possibility: A coin can land on either side.

How does this relate to the Jets:

1. Able-yes; ability-yes; power-not really; skill-yes

2. Know how-not in a long time

3. means to-I guess

4. the right-absolutely, frankly it is about time to see some of the parody the NFL is so damn proud of

5. permission-they have my approval

6. possibility-blind squirrels find nuts all the time

According to the dictionary, the Jets "can" beat the patsies. However, there is an extremely long definition to the word we should be using here: "will"

I, for one, can not believe this is even a discussion. We, as Jets fans, have no right to be building ourselves up after the season thus far. Are you kidding me? Yes, the Jets are .500 right now, but c'mon, look at the schedule. The Jets have a long way to go friends.

Dirtywater,

I would like to go on record as saying you seem like a decent fella. Sorry some of our posters revert to childish modes when placed in the corner with dunce caps, but some of us are not old enough to know better; at least that is the only excuse I can think of. It is my opinion that you said nothing wrong and certainly did not deserve the outlash you received.

Respectfully,

Ryno

Blow it out your *ss.

I seriously take issue with people jumping on Jet Moses. I understand if he went a little overboard with Dirty Water, but to go after Jet Moses with the insinuations that he is acting like a baby is just absurd.

Listen. IMHO,

Dirty Water seems like a decent enough guy, but he is very condascending (as is TX). Of course a Pats fan being on a Jets MB is going to rub a few people the wrong way. News Flash!!!! That's why they come here.

Sometimes any of the Pats fans will rub a Jets fan the wrong way and we will give it back. All in All, most of us Jets Fans are pretty patient, and we do put up with a lot of crap from the Pats trolls. When somebody decides to give it back what's the big deal?

I think if you're a Pats fan on a Jets website you better expect to get some crap. And that's fine. If you start crying about it, then you have to ask yourself, "who's really delusional?"......

TX is a bastard. He's nothing more than a big pain in the ass. But I'll tell you what, I respect him immensely. He's got balls, and he can be humorous at times.

Gainzo is just a good guy all around. I don't care for his team ,but he's pretty cool nonetheless.

Garb, is just Garb......she's a real bitch at times, but she does add a lot to the board.

Dirty Water in his short time here, seemed to be relatively knowledgeable about football, he did seem a bit condascending in a TX kind of way, but he was harmless.

The point I'm trying to get at is this:

Pats fans should understand that their mere presence on this board is something that we loath and appreciate. It's a necessary evil, if you will.

And, there are going to be times when you are going to annoy us, and I know you guys expect that. So don't go whining when we dish it back to you.

As far as the other Jets fans going off on Jet Moses.......grow up. Seriously. What is wrong with him dishing a little bit of the crap out, when we receive it from the Pats fans on a daily basis. Personal Attacks?????? Seriously.

In the Immortal words of Arnold: STOP WHINING!!!!!!!!

That's my 2 cents.

I seriously take issue with people jumping on Jet Moses. I understand if he went a little overboard with Dirty Water, but to go after Jet Moses with the insinuations that he is acting like a baby is just absurd.

Listen. IMHO,

Dirty Water seems like a decent enough guy, but he is very condascending (as is TX). Of course a Pats fan being on a Jets MB is going to rub a few people the wrong way. News Flash!!!! That's why they come here.

Sometimes any of the Pats fans will rub a Jets fan the wrong way and we will give it back. All in All, most of us Jets Fans are pretty patient, and we do put up with a lot of crap from the Pats trolls. When somebody decides to give it back what's the big deal?

I think if you're a Pats fan on a Jets website you better expect to get some crap. And that's fine. If you start crying about it, then you have to ask yourself, "who's really delusional?"......

TX is a bastard. He's nothing more than a big pain in the ass. But I'll tell you what, I respect him immensely. He's got balls, and he can be humorous at times.

Gainzo is just a good guy all around. I don't care for his team ,but he's pretty cool nonetheless.

Garb, is just Garb......she's a real bitch at times, but she does add a lot to the board.

Dirty Water in his short time here, seemed to be relatively knowledgeable about football, he did seem a bit condascending in a TX kind of way, but he was harmless.

The point I'm trying to get at is this:

Pats fans should understand that their mere presence on this board is something that we loath and appreciate. It's a necessary evil, if you will.

And, there are going to be times when you are going to annoy us, and I know you guys expect that. So don't go whining when we dish it back to you.

As far as the other Jets fans going off on Jet Moses.......grow up. Seriously. What is wrong with him dishing a little bit of the crap out, when we receive it from the Pats fans on a daily basis. Personal Attacks?????? Seriously.

In the Immortal words of Arnold: STOP WHINING!!!!!!!!

That's my 2 cents.

excellent post greenmeanie. you've done a good job at summing up the situation. all you lacked is a shout out to alk, who carries himself brilliantly here imo.

btw are you related to yjf ;)

excellent post greenmeanie. you've done a good job at summing up the situation. all you lacked is a shout out to alk, who carries himself brilliantly here imo.

btw are you related to yjf ;)

I love it.

Give the guy credit for a great post and then slam him with the last sentence.

Good one joewilly.;)

The bottom line is this....let's see what happens on Sunday. What I think will happen on sunday is this,

Jets win in OT 19-16.

Then when we get together on monday for our posts, I don;t what to hear another Pats fan whinning about the game.....

This Sunday's weather may be a factor....MAY. They say off and on showers are likely and it's supposed to be very windy. Sounds like running conditions to me. I assume this favors the Pats. That said, I thought the Pats would stick to the run last Sunday night too. They didn't. The game plan was awful. BB gets too "cute" sometimes. Mangini does too - but it's too early for him to get "cute."

This will be a close game. Either team could win. I hear that some scouts are saying that Penny's play has digressed because of a tired arm (following so much off-season rehab) - a week off can't do anything but help the situation. You give Mangini an extra week to come up with a new defensive wrinkle or two - well, that is nothing but good for the Jets. On the flip side, Pats are pissed off. Yet, I keep hearing about how the Pats haven't lost two games in a row in a ridiculous time span, that Tom Brady hasn't had two bad games in a row since he became a starter. I hear these things, and the fact that Rodney is out for at least six weeks, and I'm thinking - jinx, jinx, jinx.

This Sunday's weather may be a factor....MAY. They say off and on showers are likely and it's supposed to be very windy. Sounds like running conditions to me. I assume this favors the Pats. That said, I thought the Pats would stick to the run last Sunday night too. They didn't. The game plan was awful. BB gets too "cute" sometimes. Mangini does too - but it's too early for him to get "cute."

This will be a close game. Either team could win. I hear that some scouts are saying that Penny's play has digressed because of a tired arm (following so much off-season rehab) - a week off can't do anything but help the situation. You give Mangini an extra week to come up with a new defensive wrinkle or two - well, that is nothing but good for the Jets. On the flip side, Pats are pissed off. Yet, I keep hearing about how the Pats haven't lost two games in a row in a ridiculous time span, that Tom Brady hasn't had two bad games in a row since he became a starter. I hear these things, and the fact that Rodney is out for at least six weeks, and I'm thinking - jinx, jinx, jinx.

good post garb, you leave yourself little room here to be bashed, which ticks me off ;)

I imagine the arm fatigue thing is real & i'm not sure if a week off will solve it. I read it's a nature of the beast thing with cuff injuries.

I think mangini will do as good a job as he can with what he's got, but I fear it's just not enough. rashad moore to the middle & d'rob to de? yikes, pats will exploit that experiment with little trouble. I just don't see any wrinkles holding up for 4 q's

I just hope for a great & a respectable game the jets can actually build on. I hope the bye week brings something refreshingly positive to this porous defense

I'll help you out a little joewilly.

Pats win in a laugher, 38-10;)

you friggin troll why in faba's name do you even post here. go back under the rock you crawled out from. may the bridge you live under collapse & sever you're internet connection loser.

that felt pretty good.thanks

That's my 2 cents.

Thanks. ;)

I appreciate that, Greenmeanie. The rest of this post is directed at the board "community":

First of all, I didn't run Dirty Water off the board. He left on his own. Personally, I liked the guy. He's got a cool user name.

As for the Jets fans who attacked me, you are what you are. I don't need to stick a label on you.

In the "forum hostility" thread, PFSIKH made a point about how "the fans have changed". There is an element of truth to that, but the other side of that is, Tex hasn't changed. It's the same schtick for I don't know how many years, and it's become a broken record for all the people who's membership time runs parallel with his.

Sooner or later, people are gonna snap.

The problem is, when people snap, it's usually somebody who doesn't deserve it who winds up getting the backlash.

There really isn't a solution to the problem, as far as us fans are concerned. The only one who can change it, are the players on the Jets. Until they start playing better, and are able to beat the Pats and finally shut Tex up, this is how it's gonna be.

I'm not going anywhere.

If it will change anything, I apologize to Dirty Water. I hope the guy will accept that, and come back.

Peace.

PS Enjoy your day off, veterans. ;)

As for the Jets fans who attacked me, you are what you are. I don't need to stick a label on you.

I have nothing but respect for you Moses(I really miss reading your posts in a certain political forum:Cuss: );):)

You are a great poster,and always make me laugh

I have nothing but respect for you Moses(I really miss reading your posts in a certain political forum:Cuss: );):)

You are a great poster,and always make me laugh

hey parcells, this forum has no room for suck ups.. cool it with the butt kissing ok? ;)

seriously that was a good post moses. frankly you scare the bejesus outta me at times though

There really isn't a solution to the problem, as far as us fans are concerned. The only one who can change it, are the players on the Jets. Until they start playing better, and are able to beat the Pats and finally shut Tex up, this is how it's gonna be.

Not sure if you were around on another board 4 years ago when the Jets won the AFCE on a 3rd tie-breaker, but Jet fans brought it down pretty damn hard on Pats fans after that season.:box:

Just ask Garb, Alk or PFSIKH.

Thanks. ;)

I appreciate that, Greenmeanie. The rest of this post is directed at the board "community":

First of all, I didn't run Dirty Water off the board. He left on his own. Personally, I liked the guy. He's got a cool user name.

In the "forum hostility" thread, PFSIKH made a point about how "the fans have changed". There is an element of truth to that, but the other side of that is, Tex hasn't changed. It's the same schtick for I don't know how many years, and it's become a broken record for all the people who's membership time runs parallel with his.

Sooner or later, people are gonna snap.

The problem is, when people snap, it's usually somebody who doesn't deserve it who winds up getting the backlash.

I'm not going anywhere.

If it will change anything, I apologize to Dirty Water. I hope the guy will accept that, and come back.

Peace.

PS Enjoy your day off, veterans. ;)

JET MO

Nice class post from you-we all must realize that people have feelings- some more sensitive than others

And yes salute all veterans alive and dead - RIP Dad

Archived