Can we beat New England?

80gonyjets51

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am telling you the Jets win this weekend, I feel it. I would usually not say something like that but it's going to happen.

I agree with you.

The Jets are rapidly improving and it seems that the Pats are on a decline.

The Jets could easily win on Sunday and should be a force to deal with in the AFCE for years to come.

Has Chad been doing some curls to improve that arm strength?

PFSIKH,

Don't you know Chad was named the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year for the first half of the season?

After everyone (including Jets fans) doubted him, he came out with two consectutive 300 yard passing games and has led the Jets to 4 wins at the halfway point.

You really need to give credit, where credit is due.

It's funny, the bandwagon phenomenon. Before the 70's, the Steelers were a terrible team with little to no fan support. I was talking to Steelers DB Mike Wagner (from the 70's Dynasty) about this. It wasn't until they won in the mid-70's that they got their rabid and fantastic fan base. Those people were bandwagon fans. Sure they lost some along the way, but the die-hards stayed. That's natural.

Same for Miami. Until the early 70's, they didn't have a big fan base either. Guess what happened after they won? Bingo.

Anyway, you get my point.

Hmmm notice that your timeline goes hand in hand with the same time period that most NFL teams got their VERY FIRST BIG FANBASE....??? Not like there were thousands of steelers fans from the 50's ready to follow the team for 20 years, your timeline does not prove a point it merely shows when the NFL began its push to become the most popular sport OVER baseball, with media growing in the late 60's and 70's there was bound to be a big increase in fanbase for all teams, regardless.

I seriously take issue with people jumping on Jet Moses. I understand if he went a little overboard with Dirty Water, but to go after Jet Moses with the insinuations that he is acting like a baby is just absurd.

Listen. IMHO,

Dirty Water seems like a decent enough guy, but he is very condascending (as is TX). Of course a Pats fan being on a Jets MB is going to rub a few people the wrong way. News Flash!!!! That's why they come here.

Sometimes any of the Pats fans will rub a Jets fan the wrong way and we will give it back. All in All, most of us Jets Fans are pretty patient, and we do put up with a lot of crap from the Pats trolls. When somebody decides to give it back what's the big deal?

I think if you're a Pats fan on a Jets website you better expect to get some crap. And that's fine. If you start crying about it, then you have to ask yourself, "who's really delusional?"......

TX is a bastard. He's nothing more than a big pain in the ass. But I'll tell you what, I respect him immensely. He's got balls, and he can be humorous at times.

Gainzo is just a good guy all around. I don't care for his team ,but he's pretty cool nonetheless.

Garb, is just Garb......she's a real bitch at times, but she does add a lot to the board.

Dirty Water in his short time here, seemed to be relatively knowledgeable about football, he did seem a bit condascending in a TX kind of way, but he was harmless.

The point I'm trying to get at is this:

Pats fans should understand that their mere presence on this board is something that we loath and appreciate. It's a necessary evil, if you will.

And, there are going to be times when you are going to annoy us, and I know you guys expect that. So don't go whining when we dish it back to you.

As far as the other Jets fans going off on Jet Moses.......grow up. Seriously. What is wrong with him dishing a little bit of the crap out, when we receive it from the Pats fans on a daily basis. Personal Attacks?????? Seriously.

In the Immortal words of Arnold: STOP WHINING!!!!!!!!

That's my 2 cents.

This is a GREAT post. Seriously.

Thanks. ;)

I appreciate that, Greenmeanie. The rest of this post is directed at the board "community":

First of all, I didn't run Dirty Water off the board. He left on his own. Personally, I liked the guy. He's got a cool user name.

As for the Jets fans who attacked me, you are what you are. I don't need to stick a label on you.

In the "forum hostility" thread, PFSIKH made a point about how "the fans have changed". There is an element of truth to that, but the other side of that is, Tex hasn't changed. It's the same schtick for I don't know how many years, and it's become a broken record for all the people who's membership time runs parallel with his.

Sooner or later, people are gonna snap.

The problem is, when people snap, it's usually somebody who doesn't deserve it who winds up getting the backlash.

There really isn't a solution to the problem, as far as us fans are concerned. The only one who can change it, are the players on the Jets. Until they start playing better, and are able to beat the Pats and finally shut Tex up, this is how it's gonna be.

I'm not going anywhere.

If it will change anything, I apologize to Dirty Water. I hope the guy will accept that, and come back.

Peace.

PS Enjoy your day off, veterans. ;)

Amen JetMo. AMEN.

Guys it is a cycle. Things will change. I have been asked to run all these Pats fans out of here. But you know what? We haven't and it is going to be a lot of fun when things change.

Just picture this -- the Jets win the Super Bowl -- and we get to give back to the "community". It will happen and it is going to be sweet!

Amen JetMo. AMEN.

Guys it is a cycle. Things will change. I have been asked to run all these Pats fans out of here. But you know what? We haven't and it is going to be a lot of fun when things change.

Just picture this -- the Jets win the Super Bowl -- and we get to give back to the "community". It will happen and it is going to be sweet!

Max if I am still posting on here when I am 80 please goto wherever I live and shoot me. ;-)

No.

Not that I wouldn't love for the Jets to beat them, but I just don't see it happening. The lack of a run defense is what is hurting the team more than anything right now I think. Add the fact that the freaking Browns looked like a super bowl contender against us in the last game and we are headed in to face a pissed off NE team....things aren't looking too terribly promising.

My 2 cents..ignore as needed.

your on the money. but it is not impossible. if they can hold running game, to even a reasonable production they can force brady to throw. i watched the NE vs IND tapes. i was trying to figure why brady threw for so many interception. and every interception he threw he did not plant his front foot. he was eigther feeling some pressure on his legs because defenders were going low on him. or mabe he is playing hurt. there is a possibility that he does not have that goto receiver any more. and he lost confidence in the recievers that are dropping passes thrown to them:character42: :character42: :character42:

your on the money. but it is not impossible. if they can hold running game, to even a reasonable production they can force brady to throw. i watched the NE vs IND tapes. i was trying to figure why brady threw for so many interception. and every interception he threw he did not plant his front foot. he was eigther feeling some pressure on his legs because defenders were going low on him. or mabe he is playing hurt. there is a possibility that he does not have that goto receiver any more. and he lost confidence in the recievers that are dropping passes thrown to them:character42: :character42: :character42:

He looked pretty intune with his receivers against Minnesota.

I do not know about your point though.

On the first pick he scrambled and planted his foot. It was just a badly overthrown ball. I do not know what he was thinking, because it was not even close.

On the second, there was a little pressure, but again he planted and passed. If Watson does not tip the second pick it is only a badly overthrown ball.

On the third, I do not think there was much pressure out of the ordinary, but the Colts linemen tipped the ball.

The fourth one I think is closest to your point as he appeared to not be able to step into his pass due to pressure.

The first two are clearly bad passes on him. The last two are tough to blame him, but it happened.

Amen JetMo. AMEN.

Are you kidding? Most likely none of them will post here when that happens. We'd have to go to their boards to "give back" and they'd probably just ban us all instantly. The only person that might actually still post here is tx, since he is a closet Penny and Jets fan.

Are you kidding? Most likely none of them will post here when that happens. We'd have to go to their boards to "give back" and they'd probably just ban us all instantly. The only person that might actually still post here is tx, since he is a closet Penny and Jets fan.

I know for certain that Garb and PFSIKH are internet dinosaurs but they will not go extinct, LOL

I'm also pretty sure that Alk and Gainzo would stick around as well, and TX too as you said.

Why? because they realize that this is all in fun.

Jets played well early in the season and almost beat the Colts and Pats. I'll give it to these latter named teams that they were just a bit better; how else to explain it.

Nontheless, the Jets efforts in those games showed the abilities of the team when focused and fired up. So, the talk of the Jets next season being a promising one seems valid.

If the Jets have used their bye week to study and renew a belief in themselves, a win is very possible. A win would go a long way toward building confidence and character, something the Jets have had much of the past several years, despite lacking in one or two major areas (like scoring).

The Jets also know a great deal more about its team today than in week 2. We have a healthy Chad. A rookie RB creating plays. DBs that seem to keep the QB looking longer for a receiver. A defensive line that stinks. An OL that stinks too.

So, the + & - s and known. I think Mangini has the staff and braincells to develop a competitive game plan to win.

And on a separate point. Chad brings intangibles that other QBs don't. A leadership style that motivates the Offense for 60 minutes.

Go JETS

Jets played well early in the season and almost beat the Colts and Pats. I'll give it to these latter named teams that they were just a bit better; how else to explain it.

Nontheless, the Jets efforts in those games showed the abilities of the team when focused and fired up. So, the talk of the Jets next season being a promising one seems valid.

If the Jets have used their bye week to study and renew a belief in themselves, a win is very possible. A win would go a long way toward building confidence and character, something the Jets have had much of the past several years, despite lacking in one or two major areas (like scoring).

The Jets also know a great deal more about its team today than in week 2. We have a healthy Chad. A rookie RB creating plays. DBs that seem to keep the QB looking longer for a receiver. A defensive line that stinks. An OL that stinks too.

So, the + & - s and known. I think Mangini has the staff and braincells to develop a competitive game plan to win.

And on a separate point. Chad brings intangibles that other QBs don't. A leadership style that motivates the Offense for 60 minutes.

Go JETS

All the intangibles cept the most important one, a legit NFL arm

Go JETS

Great post, Steelbirds.

This game is not a good matchup for us, today. The Pats are moving towards a more ball control type of offense (thats why they let Branch go and drafted Maroney). Brady isn't a happy camper, and he's been making some bad throws lately.

I think the Pats are smart enough to know you have to keep the ball on the ground to win. Hopefully, the Jets answer for that with the shake-up on the D line.

Great post, Steelbirds.

This game is not a good matchup for us, today. The Pats are moving towards a more ball control type of offense (thats why they let Branch go and drafted Maroney). Brady isn't a happy camper, and he's been making some bad throws lately.

I think the Pats are smart enough to know you have to keep the ball on the ground to win. Hopefully, the Jets answer for that with the shake-up on the D line.

I guess the Pats stupidly lucked into winning 2 SBs, and the third one they neglected the right way to win and somehow won. The Pats will put the ball in the air, they always put the ball in the air, because that's how you win in the NFL.

Maybe PennyBoy can carry the Jets on his back and lead them to victory.

Most real NFL QB's do that a few times in their career.:wink:

• Chad Pennington 22-37, 168-yds, 2TD; 1 Int
  • Jets run offence - 117-yds

I'll help you out a little joewilly.

Pats win in a laugher, 38-10;)

• New York Jets 17 - 14 New England Patriots

So, I have to ask again: Who's laughing now Tex?

I do not think it was Bellichick, especially when he almost slapped Coach Mangini's hand when he went to shake it!

:bwahaharoll:

Archived