Can we beat New England?

80gonyjets51

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

Not that I wouldn't love for the Jets to beat them, but I just don't see it happening. The lack of a run defense is what is hurting the team more than anything right now I think. Add the fact that the freaking Browns looked like a super bowl contender against us in the last game and we are headed in to face a pissed off NE team....things aren't looking too terribly promising.

My 2 cents..ignore as needed.

Can we beat the Pats and hand them 2 losses in a row?

If Tom Brady plays like he did against the Colts. I think he will. He lost his focus. He's pissed off that Krapf lied to him and got him to sign a below market contract.

Brady got royally hosed, and to add insult to injury, most of the Tom's money Krapf pocketed should have went to Tom's shower buddy, Deion Branch.

How'd the Pathetics make it the last time they were in the playoffs?

Way to avoid the statement!

happy-surprise.gif

As for your answer, they lost to a very good Broncos team, and kudos to Denver. They won fair and square. How did your post-season end last year?

That's right. happy-suave2.gif

Try winning this Century, sargent. happy-wavehello2.gif

Way to avoid the statement!

happy-surprise.gif

As for your answer, they lost to a very good Broncos team, and kudos to Denver. They won fair and square. How did your post-season end last year?

That's right. happy-suave2.gif

Try winning this Century, sargent. happy-wavehello2.gif

I wasn't "avoiding a statement" 'cos I never compared the Jets to the Broncos. Hey, we know we suck. We still stick by our team. Unlike you bandwagon homos. Take your "dynasty" and your trophies and stick 'em in your *ss. You can ride the tower of power with Tommy Brady.

You lost your last playoff game. Winning a SB two years ago means about as much as winning one in 1969.

How much shelf life do you think you can exhaust from shadows of yesterdays triumph? You're a joke. Face facts, your team sucks, your owner is a douche bag who f*cks his fans with $107.00 face value on the ticket or some such sht, he fcks you with 35 dollar parking fees (35 dollars!!!) and he just fcked your superstar QB on a long term contract.

Shhhh! Did you hear that?

Sounds like the wheels are coming off!

I wasn't "avoiding a statement" 'cos I never compared the Jets to the Broncos. Hey, we know we suck. We still stick by our team. Unlike you bandwagon homos. Take your "dynasty" and your trophies and stick 'em in your *ss. You can ride the tower of power with Tommy Brady.

You lost your last playoff game. Winning a SB two years ago means about as much as winning one in 1969.

How much shelf life do you think you can exhaust from shadows of yesterdays triumph? You're a joke. Face facts, your team sucks, your owner is a douche bag who f*cks his fans with $107.00 face value on the ticket or some such sht, he fcks you with 35 dollar parking fees (35 dollars!!!) and he just fcked your superstar QB on a long term contract.

bh_head2.gif

WHOA !!!! That was cool.

Wicked pi$$er

POTW NOM

Aww, did I touch a nerve? happy-rotfl2.gif

You really think the Patriots are a joke? C'mon, we're just having fun here guy. I don't even think the Jets are a joke, and they haven't won it since '69. We've beat you guys 7 straight games. If we're a joke then what are the Jets to you?

And really, you're not some Vikings or Raiders fan, I assume you've been watching AFC East football for years. If so, you know that bandwagon talk is pure B.S. Did we pick up a lot of idiot-talking bandwagon fans along the way. ? Sure, but that doesn't negate the fan base that has suffered through the years, the same ones you've seen on TV since you've been watching.

It's funny, the bandwagon phenomenon. Before the 70's, the Steelers were a terrible team with little to no fan support. I was talking to Steelers DB Mike Wagner (from the 70's Dynasty) about this. It wasn't until they won in the mid-70's that they got their rabid and fantastic fan base. Those people were bandwagon fans. Sure they lost some along the way, but the die-hards stayed. That's natural.

Same for Miami. Until the early 70's, they didn't have a big fan base either. Guess what happened after they won? Bingo.

Anyway, you get my point.

You seem to have a lot of anger towards the Pats, and hey, if the situation was reversed, I'd harbor some issues too, but I think saying that our Super Bowl teams have as much relevance as your '69 team is going overboard. That isn't to say it is so relevant as to equal us winning it all this season, but I think you get the picture.

And as for Kraft, hey, it's a business, and capitalism at that. He can charge what he wants. He built the stadium without tax money. So far, only non-Pats fans complain about him.

Anyway, cheer up. Things are bound to get better for you guys.

You bet we can. However there's a few things that will have to happen for that to occur:

Chad will have to throw the ball accurately and deep. New England's pass D is letting up 229 yards/game (27th) but they are leading the league in passing touchdowns allowed (6) - so Chadly will have to come with his A+ game and move the chains or we will get our azzes handed to us. Our running game isn't likely to prosper against the Chowds who have only let up 75 yards/game on the ground.

Playcall will have to be a lot better than it's been in the last few outings as well. I won't be looking for the Patsie's to get sucked into a lot of tomfoolery.

Stopping the run better than we have is absolute necessity - Robertson, Thomas and Ellis have to step up big and can't get blown off the line or they will get 6-8 at a whack making it a long afternoon.

Can we? Yeah. Will we? The balls in Chad's court.

You bet we can. However there's a few things that will have to happen for that to occur:

Chad will have to throw the ball accurately and deep. New England's pass D is letting up 229 yards/game (27th) but they are leading the league in passing touchdowns allowed (6) - so Chadly will have to come with his A+ game and move the chains or we will get our azzes handed to us. Our running game isn't likely to prosper against the Chowds who have only let up 75 yards/game on the ground.

Playcall will have to be a lot better than it's been in the last few outings as well. I won't be looking for the Patsie's to get sucked into a lot of tomfoolery.

Stopping the run better than we have is absolute necessity - Robertson, Thomas and Ellis have to step up big and can't get blown off the line or they will get 6-8 at a whack making it a long afternoon.

Can we? Yeah. Will we? The balls in Chad's court.

I agree.

Aww, did I touch a nerve? happy-rotfl2.gif

You really think the Patriots are a joke? C'mon, we're just having fun here guy. I don't even think the Jets are a joke, and they haven't won it since '69. We've beat you guys 7 straight games. If we're a joke then what are the Jets to you?

And really, you're not some Vikings or Raiders fan, I assume you've been watching AFC East football for years. If so, you know that bandwagon talk is pure B.S. Did we pick up a lot of idiot-talking bandwagon fans along the way. ? Sure, but that doesn't negate the fan base that has suffered through the years, the same ones you've seen on TV since you've been watching.

It's funny, the bandwagon phenomenon. Before the 70's, the Steelers were a terrible team with little to no fan support. I was talking to Steelers DB Mike Wagner (from the 70's Dynasty) about this. It wasn't until they won in the mid-70's that they got their rabid and fantastic fan base. Those people were bandwagon fans. Sure they lost some along the way, but the die-hards stayed. That's natural.

Same for Miami. Until the early 70's, they didn't have a big fan base either. Guess what happened after they won? Bingo.

Anyway, you get my point.

You seem to have a lot of anger towards the Pats, and hey, if the situation was reversed, I'd harbor some issues too, but I think saying that our Super Bowl teams have as much relevance as your '69 team is going overboard. That isn't to say it is so relevant as to equal us winning it all this season, but I think you get the picture.

And as for Kraft, hey, it's a business, and capitalism at that. He can charge what he wants. He built the stadium without tax money. So far, only non-Pats fans complain about him.

Anyway, cheer up. Things are bound to get better for you guys.

Yeah OK, Dirty Sanchez. Whatever.

Pats won a SB two years ago. Hooray. Is the parade over? Did you wash your underwear yet? It don't mean sht, now. Fact is, your last "big game" you got your a*s kicked by the Broncos. You got your *ss kicked by the Broncos again this year. You just got your *ss kicked by the Colts, on national TV.

Is your self esteem so fragile that the only way to make yourself feel important is to troll a Jets MB? Why not troll a Dolphins MB? They have a worse record than us. You can even shove a roll of socks down your crotch, too.

Pats won a SB two years ago. Hooray. Is the parade over? Did you wash your underwear yet? It don't mean sht, now. Fact is, your last "big game" you got your a*s kicked by the Broncos. You got your *ss kicked by the Broncos again this year. You just got your *ss kicked by the Colts, on national TV.

Is your self esteem so fragile that the only way to make yourself feel important is to troll a Jets MB? Why not troll a Dolphins MB? They have a worse record than us. You can even shove a roll of socks down your crotch, too.

Can JM win two POTW NOM??? F'ing hilarious, :yahoo: !

Well, first off, I acknowledged the loss to both Denver and Indy. And second, I am not and do not troll. I am here to talk football. I am active in all the AFC East forums, and many other NFL ones as well.

There is no need for the personal insults towards me. Most of the other posters here will vouch for me. Sorry for anything that may have set you off, not intended and I accept my role and apologize for it.

I guess I just don't 'get' this forum. When I took exception to some of the stronger trash talk here, BZ and GreenMachine let me know that it was all in jest, so I played along today.

Anyway, sorry for stopping by, I think I'll look for a new forum.

confused-dontknow4.gif

Best.

DW

yay, another troll is gone! Wheeee! Jet Moses is the troll slayer apparently.

Give me a break, most other sites would not put up with the trolling we put up with here. Here on JN, we basically let everyone come in and say whatever they want, as long as it's within reason and doesn't completely destroy the board. Along the way, we've lost a few Jets fans that didn't like that type of free for all. We're not going to sit around and protect some ****ing troll from another board that got his feelings hurt. You ****ing balls-less pussy. That little emo whining pussy **** pissed me off more than any trolling I've ever seen on this board from tx, PF, that owl guy, garb and everyone else put together (Gainzo fails at being a troll, even though he's a Pats fan. I don't think he understands how to be a troll even). You ****ing weak pussy, get that **** out of here.

Well, first off, I acknowledged the loss to both Denver and Indy. And second, I am not and do not troll. I am here to talk football. I am active in all the AFC East forums, and many other NFL ones as well.

There is no need for the personal insults towards me. Most of the other posters here will vouch for me. Sorry for anything that may have set you off, not intended and I accept my role and apologize for it.

I guess I just don't 'get' this forum. When I took exception to some of the stronger trash talk here, BZ and GreenMachine let me know that it was all in jest, so I played along today.

Anyway, sorry for stopping by, I think I'll look for a new forum.

confused-dontknow4.gif

Best.

DW

Give me a break. Take your "hey I'm just here to have some fun hyuk hyuk" passive aggressive BS somewhere else. You're a condescending pr*ck.

I'm not gonna sit here and be sh*t on by people who validate their self worth by bagging on my team.

You guys like to dish it out but you can't take it. "Got dynasty?"

More like "Got tissue?"

Boo hoo.

Give me a break. Take your "hey I'm just here to have some fun hyuk hyuk" passive aggressive BS somewhere else. You're a condescending pr*ck.

I'm not gonna sit here and be sh*t on by people who validate their self worth by bagging on my team.

More like "Got tissue?"

Boo hoo.

Jet Mo,

Nice job of running posters off.

It's true though Tx.

What the hell does 2001, 2003 and 2004 have to do with 2005 and more importantly the recent season of 2006? Nothing, it's over now and it's time to move on and the fact is New England has not beat a Super Bowl contending team yet and are 0-2 in their 2 attempts.

More like "Got tissue?"

Boo hoo.

Whoa. Hold. The. Phone. Dirty is excellent people, and I feel compelled to say so. You're way off base. Trust me on that.

Whoa. Hold. The. Phone. Dirty is excellent people, and I feel compelled to say so. You're way off base. Trust me on that.

Let us lighten up here-give people a chance to get to know their personality and such before judging people. Expect Jet fans to defend their turf here though Dirtywater.

Archived