Will Tom Brady become the next Kurt Warner?

Blackout

Warner had 2 MVPs, won a superbowl, lost another

and then he just lost it and now he's a backup for the 1-8 Arizona Cardinals. although I predict the Cardinals will reach the Superbowl in the next 2-3 years with Warner at the helm.

Tom Brady won 3 rings. 5 years from now he may be backup for Oakland :D

and then he just lost it and now he's a backup for the 1-8 Arizona Cardinals

You are pulling straws mate. That is a bull$hit statement.

man, Kurt Warner was Peyton Manning before Peyton Manning, and Dan Marino after Marino, and he was able to actually win a ring in the process

there was no QB who was close to Warner from 99 to 01

Brady may be headed in the same direction

And Kurt Warner didn't start a game 'til he was almost 30.

Comparing Brady and Warner is baseless and delusional. Wishful thinking at its best. Brady is here to stay whether we like it or not.

man, Kurt Warner was Peyton Manning before Peyton Manning, and Dan Marino after Marino, and he was able to actually win a ring in the process

there was no QB who was close to Warner from 99 to 01

Brady may be headed in the same direction

Believe what you want to believe.

Warner also did everything he did with a great o-line, great recievers, and one of the games best backs of all time. Brady has done what he's done without a single Orlando Pace type o-lineman, Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce type WR, and while Dillon was great for them in ONE of their superbowl runs, he's far from Marshall Faulk. Wait til this offseason when the Pats finally give Brady a powerful weapon...its going to be a battle at the top of the AFC east, Brady aint going any where

Warner also did everything he did with a great o-line, great recievers, and one of the games best backs of all time. Brady has done what he's done without a single Orlando Pace type o-lineman, Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce type WR, and while Dillon was great for them in ONE of their superbowl runs, he's far from Marshall Faulk. Wait til this offseason when the Pats finally give Brady a powerful weapon...its going to be a battle at the top of the AFC east, Brady aint going any where

when Tom Brady tries to do what Kurt Warner did, he comes up with games like last week against the Colts

Brady won by not making stupid mental mistakes and providing enough points for his defense

when Tom Brady tries to do what Kurt Warner did, he comes up with games like last week against the Colts

Brady won by not making stupid mental mistakes and providing enough points for his defense

Thats why Brady will be back. For whatever reason, he's gone away from his strengths, maybe because he has no confidence in the rest of the team(sort of like brett farve recently...trying to force something to happen)? Or perhaps those who said he'd try and make the Pats "pay" by playing poorly are right...but i doubt it. I don't think Brady likes losing at all, so i doubt he'd intentionally throw a game.

I'm sorry that Brady has 3 Super Bowl wins and Penny has zero.

Are you retarded?

Here's their 3 best seasons, Brady's are his superbowl years

Warner from 1999 to 2001: 43 games: 935/1392, 67.2%, 12612 passing yards, 98 touchdowns-53 interceptions

Brady from 2001 + 2003 + 2004: 47 games869/1414, 61.5%, 10155 passing yards, 69 touchdowns-38 interceptions

Kurt Warner played in 5 less games and in my opinion completely outmatched Brady in terms of production and dominance.

Here's their 3 best seasons, Brady's are his superbowl years

Warner from 1999 to 2001: 43 games: 935/1392, 67.2%, 12612 passing yards, 98 touchdowns-53 interceptions

Brady from 2001 + 2003 + 2004: 47 games869/1414, 61.5%, 10155 passing yards, 69 touchdowns-38 interceptions

Kurt Warner played in 5 less games and in my opinion completely outmatched Brady in terms of production and dominance.

With all due respect, Warner did it with Faulk, Bruce, Holt, and Az Hakim (probabvly the best #3 receiver at the time), as well as one of the best OL's in history. Brady won 3 rings with a combo of Troy Brown, D Branch, D Givens, Dillon, K Faulk, and A Smith. Much different cercumstances.

With all due respect, Warner did it with Faulk, Bruce, Holt, and Az Hakim (probabvly the best #3 receiver at the time), as well as one of the best OL's in history. Brady won 3 rings with a combo of Troy Brown, D Branch, D Givens, Dillon, K Faulk, and A Smith. Much different cercumstances.

Tom Brady had Bill Belichunks as his coach, in some very weak AFC Easts

Kurt Warner had crybaby Vermeil and psycho Martz as his coach.

Tom Brady had Bill Belichunks as his coach, in some very weak AFC Easts

Kurt Warner had crybaby Vermeil and psycho Martz as his coach.

Which, in terms of your stats argument, only points in favor of Brady even more. In terms of winning SB's, sure belicheck had a huge part in that. But we are simply comparing QB's in their respective era's. K Warner was obviously amazing during his run, but he had 2 elite WR's, an elite RB, an elite OL, along with 2 of the greatest offensive minds in the league coaching him.

Put it this way, if Tom had the Rams roster during his SB runs his stats would be much better than they were with the Pats. If Warner had the Pats roster during his run, his stats would not be as good as they were with StL. Plain and simple.

Which, in terms of your stats argument, only points in favor of Brady even more. In terms of winning SB's, sure belicheck had a huge part in that. But we are simply comparing QB's in their respective era's. K Warner was obviously amazing during his run, but he had 2 elite WR's, an elite RB, an elite OL, along with 2 of the greatest offensive minds in the league coaching him.

Put it this way, if Tom had the Rams roster during his SB runs his stats would be much better than they were with the Pats. If Warner had the Pats roster during his run, his stats would not be as good as they were with StL. Plain and simple.

Kurt Warner won two league MVP awards

and could lead his team down the field at the drop of a dime

brady just got the patriots into field goal position in the 4th quarter

Kurt Warner won two league MVP awards

and could lead his team down the field at the drop of a dime

brady just got the patriots into field goal position in the 4th quarter

Again, you're completely missing my point. If Brady had Warner's weapons do you not think he would have better stats than he did with the Pats. Conversely, if Brady has the weapons that Manning has, do you not think he'd have better stats today? I'm not necessarily saying he would be better than eithder, but he sure as hell would have better stats than he did/does with the Pats weapons. That is a no brainer. Hell, Chad Pennington would be an all star with those weapons.

Again, you're completely missing my point. If Brady had Warner's weapons do you not think he would have better stats than he did with the Pats. Conversely, if Brady has the weapons that Manning has, do you not think he'd have better stats today? I'm not necessarily saying he would be better than eithder, but he sure as hell would have better stats than he did/does with the Pats weapons. That is a no brainer. Hell, Chad Pennington would be an all star with those weapons.

Kurt Warner has a stronger arm than Brady, and the Rams defense wasn't nearly as dominant as the Pats

The Rams had one of the worst defenses I've EVER seen in 2000, Warner HAD to put points up

Kurt Warner has a stronger arm than Brady, and the Rams defense wasn't nearly as dominant as the Pats

Come on dude, that's just wonton disregard for facts. Warner was renowned for having a very average arm. In fact he was constantly critiqued because he almsot never threw a spiral. Contrary to what alot of Jets fans want to believe, Brady has a very good arm. It is much stronger than Warner's ever was.

the bottom line is brady is an outstanding QB. I hate the guy, just as much as I hate his coach and the team he plays for. But the fact is if he isn't as good as Payton Manning, he most certainly is the 2nd best QB ibn the league. He is working with pure garbage for receivers right now.

Come on dude, that's just wonton disregard for facts. Warner was renowned for having a very average arm. In fact he was constantly critiqued because he almsot never threw a spiral. Contrary to what alot of Jets fans want to believe, Brady has a very good arm. It is much stronger than Warner's ever was.

the bottom line is brady is an outstanding QB. I hate the guy, just as much as I hate his coach and the team he plays for. But the fact is if he isn't as good as Payton Manning, he most certainly is the 2nd best QB ibn the league. He is working with pure garbage for receivers right now.

remember the on-side kick game in 2001? Was Kurt Warner not the most flawless quarterback you ever saw? he executed that offense to perfection, he shredded us

and then he just lost it and now he's a backup for the 1-8 Arizona Cardinals

I think Garb was right last week. Stick to baseball. :rolleyes:

Archived