Jet players backing Eric, Belly assness backfired

SouthernJet

From todays papers:

"Hell, yeah, we wanted to win this for Eric," von Oelhoffen said. "He busts his [butt] more than anyone else in the NFL."

Laveranues Coles said he felt Belichick's public ignoring of Mangini was an effort to "belittle" his former assistant.

"Eric is probably the smartest coach I've ever been around," Coles said. "He wouldn't want me saying this, but yeah, you wanted it a little bit extra for Coach [Mangini]. You know how much hard work and time he put into it. Guys were saying that Belichick refers to him as 'the other guy.' Any time you come out and you disrespect our coach, of course guys want to step up and play a little harder for him."

Linebacker Matt Chatham, who played under Mangini in New England and now with the Jets, Said: "Eric has all the respect in the world for [the Patriots'] organization and has a lot of respect for the players on that team, so it's hard when you feel like all those people have turned their backs on you - at least that's the perception. So for him to kind of justify what he's doing down in New York was great for him." And, of course, bad for Belichick.

Belichick refused to acknowledge Mangini by name in last week's news conferences, underscoring the rift in their once-close working relationship. Some of Mangini's players got wind of the snub, and they felt it was a petty move by Belichick. "He's definitely been dissing Coach," Kevan Barlow said. "We showed how we felt about that on the field."

From todays papers:

"Hell, yeah, we wanted to win this for Eric," von Oelhoffen said. "He busts his [butt] more than anyone else in the NFL."

Laveranues Coles said he felt Belichick's public ignoring of Mangini was an effort to "belittle" his former assistant.

"Eric is probably the smartest coach I've ever been around," Coles said. "He wouldn't want me saying this, but yeah, you wanted it a little bit extra for Coach [Mangini]. You know how much hard work and time he put into it. Guys were saying that Belichick refers to him as 'the other guy.' Any time you come out and you disrespect our coach, of course guys want to step up and play a little harder for him."

Linebacker Matt Chatham, who played under Mangini in New England and now with the Jets, Said: "Eric has all the respect in the world for [the Patriots'] organization and has a lot of respect for the players on that team, so it's hard when you feel like all those people have turned their backs on you - at least that's the perception. So for him to kind of justify what he's doing down in New York was great for him." And, of course, bad for Belichick.

Belichick refused to acknowledge Mangini by name in last week's news conferences, underscoring the rift in their once-close working relationship. Some of Mangini's players got wind of the snub, and they felt it was a petty move by Belichick. "He's definitely been dissing Coach," Kevan Barlow said. "We showed how we felt about that on the field."

now that is a great read for any jetfan........I daresay peternorth is on board with this

Belichick has very poor social skills. If you remember back when he resigned as HC of the NYJ he gave a brief statement and then didn't seem to understand that reporters wanted to question him about it. He has never been gracious about giving anyone credit. He never has given any credit to Parcells for helping him get started in the NFL so you wouldn't expect him to be warm and fuzzy with Mangini. To Mangini's credit, all he has done is acknowledge how good Belichick was to him to give him his opportunity and how can anyone blame him for taking the only head coaching job offered to him, with no guarantees another job would ever come along. Belichick has shown himself time and time again to be petty, boorish, and unlikeable but he is a great coach and I appreciate that he has helped turn Mangini into a great coach that hopefully will continue to beat him again and again.

Belichick has very poor social skills. If you remember back when he resigned as HC of the NYJ he gave a brief statement and then didn't seem to understand that reporters wanted to question him about it.

What are you, the master of understatement? It wasn't just a brief statement, it said, in its entirety, "I resign as HC of the NYJ" and he read it off a napkin. I honestly thought he was doped up that day.

What are you, the master of understatement? It wasn't just a brief statement, it said, in its entirety, "I resign as HC of the NYJ" and he read it off a napkin. I honestly thought he was doped up that day.

BB looked a bit like a stoner last night now that you mention it.

Maybe all the mind altering drugs he takes to "clear his mind" are starting to finally catch up with him. It did happen to Einstein you know.

You're right, then he said something like this is pretty self explanatory and he didn't think there would be any questions, when everyone in the room wondered what the hell was going on. That's why I wonder why everyone on the board is so amazed at the cold shoulder he is giving Mangini. He is great at football but clueless about relating to the world outside of the NFL.

You're right, then he said something like this is pretty self explanatory and he didn't think there would be any questions, when everyone in the room wondered what the hell was going on. That's why I wonder why everyone on the board is so amazed at the cold shoulder he is giving Mangini. He is great at football but clueless about relating to the world outside of the NFL.

I wouldn't say completely clueless, he knows his limitations with the media and dealing with things outside of football, hence, he doesn't talk to the media much and got the hell out of NY. I don't really think BB does much apart from football. It'd be hard for me to ever picture that guy at a party or social event of any sort.

I wouldn't say completely clueless, he knows his limitations with the media and dealing with things outside of football, hence, he doesn't talk to the media much and got the hell out of NY. I don't really think BB does much apart from football. It'd be hard for me to ever picture that guy at a party or social event of any sort.

Nor can I picture him being friends with Bon Jovi. Go figure.

He's actually pretty funny when you get him away from football. When it comes to football business, he has as much charisma as a rusty nail.

That said, who gives a flying fart in heaven. The man orchestrated three SB runs. Hopefully more....although that 'aint lookin' so good right now. LOL!

He's actually pretty funny when you get him away from football. When it comes to football business, he has as much charisma as a rusty nail.

That said, who gives a flying fart in heaven. The man orchestrated three SB runs. Hopefully more....although that 'aint lookin' so good right now. LOL!

yup, 3 SBs is a great run.

But its over,, he has been tick, tick, ticked,,,

Archived