Playoff chances for Jets

Looking at the schedules of Jacksonville, Kansas City & Cincinnati you come across and notice that the Jets have the easiest schedule of the remaining 4 who are vying for the final playoff spot in the AFC East. Here are the 3 hardest games for each team:

Jets:

1. 11/19 vs Chicago - Hardest team left on the schedule

2. 12/10 vs Buffalo - We usually split with the Bills and this game is a key division game and a must win especially if New England losses 3 and both teams finish at 10-6

3. 12/25 @ Miami - Division rivalry and Miami has played well the past few weeks. Now that's certainly not to say they'll keep it up for the remainder of the season but Miami is always tough at home

Jacksonville:

1. 11/20 vs N.Y. Giants - MNF in Jacksonville and is a huge game for both teams as the Giants try to keep a stern lead on the NFC East and the Jags try to remain above .500

2. 12/10 vs Indianapolis - Colts vs Jags, nuff' said

3. 12/24 vs New England - Rematch of last years AFC Divisional Round and an Xmas eve game which may determine if the Jets will be either still vying for the division or the 6th round slot or possibly could eliminate the Jets from playoff contention

Kansas City:

1. 11/23 vs Denver - Thanksgiving Night and Tony G may miss 2 games meaning he'd miss this one. It's going to be a close hard fought battle but KC could eaisly lose this one if Denver shuts down Larry Johnson and forces Damon Huard or Trent Green to beat them

2. 12/10 vs Baltimore - Will the Chiefs be able to run on Baltimore's tough D?

3. 12/17 @ San Diego - The rematch that is going to be a huge game most likely for the division race for San Diego and they want revenge from October

Cincinnati:

1. 11/19 @ New Orleans - Big game for both. NO is trying to keep the lead in the NFC South and Cincy is trying to stay alive in the AFC North

2. 12/18 @ Indianapolis - They may be trying to end the Colts' dreams of going undefeated and this could be a very high scoring MNF clash.

3. 12/24 @ Denver - This could be it for Cincy, especially with Denver in the clash with San Diego for the AFC West championship

And just for the ways of New England:

1. 11/26 vs Chicago - Going to be a tough game for New England and this could be the deciding tiebreaker with head to head opponents for the AFC East if a tie happens at the end of the season.

2. 12/10 @ Miami - Miami plays New England tough and it's in Miami. This is probably going to be a win for New England but it could as eaisly be a loss if Miami steps up.

3. 12/24 @ Jacksonville - This is one of Jacksonville's big games and as listed above, could be the deciding game of where the Jets land if they even do land in the playoffs.

Now, here's a way for the Jets to win the division:

Both Jets & Pats finish 10-6. 1-1 split between and lets say both finish 5-1 in the divison. Then it goes to record against common opponents. 2-0 for both vs Miami & Buffalo lets say. Then both lets say lose to Chicago, 4-1. Both beat Minny, GB & Detroit so we're at 7-1 then. Both lost to Indy, 7-2. Say NE losses to Jax, it's 7-3. And then lets go with both beat Houston & Tenn and we stand at 9-3. Fine. Then we go to AFC Records. Pats are currently 5-3 & the Jets are 4-4. If the Jets lose once more in the AFC their record could be 7-5. If the Pats lose their final 3 against the AFC the Jets are in but if it's they lose 2 say Jacksonville & Miami, well then it's 7-5 a piece and we go to the 5th way of breaking up which is strengh of vicotry which I'm not going to figure out but it probably would go to New England (if anyone wants to differ and find out it's us, go ahead cause I was to lazy to do the work).

Here's the thing. Don't count on the division, aim for the wild card. What do we has fans have to do? Root against Jacksonville, KC & Cincy and cheer our Jets on. A 10-6 finish with Jax, KC & CIncy finishing 9-7 or worse = playoffs for the Jets.

124-

Your analysis is great. Your enthusiasum, too. But one thing. Let's see the Jets beat the Bears first. Then I will be open to playoff talk. I'm still thinking the Jets will finish up at 9-7, at best. Even 8-8 is still a good 1st year for the new coach.

124-

Your analysis is great. Your enthusiasum, too. But one thing. Let's see the Jets beat the Bears first. Then I will be open to playoff talk. I'm still thinking the Jets will finish up at 9-7, at best. Even 8-8 is still a good 1st year for the new coach.

the way they are playing right now...i'd be upset with 8-8..cause that means they lost to crappy teams..LOL.

9-7 or 10-6...or obviously better..

I guess I can see 9-7 but I honestly don't see us doing worse then 5-1 in the final 6 games... they could very well go 3-3 or 4-2 but if Chad play's well and the defense steps up like it has in the last 6 quarters we can go 5-1 in the last 6.

Excellant analysis...

Looking at the schedules it seems like we should be a favorite to make the playoffs after last weeks win. If the defense keeps playing like it did Sunday, were definitely going to get there which would be an amazing job by Mangini

as much as i am pulling for a strong finish i have been conditioned to expect a loss in the one of the must win games. at green bay, buffalo, at miami, at minnesota, and houston will all be tough games for the jets.

even though they beat the patriots this week i don't think the jets have won a game by more than 7 all season so i expect the remaining games to be close. a win this week and the division is a possibility, a loss and the jets could back in @ 9-7.

as much as i am pulling for a strong finish i have been conditioned to expect a loss in the one of the must win games. at green bay, buffalo, at miami, at minnesota, and houston will all be tough games for the jets.

even though they beat the patriots this week i don't think the jets have won a game by more than 7 all season so i expect the remaining games to be close. a win this week and the division is a possibility, a loss and the jets could back in @ 9-7.

I'm with you mate. The Jets could run the table, fall to pieces, or win one lose one. So could the Pats.

The NFL is so unpredictable right now it is crazy.

as much as i am pulling for a strong finish i have been conditioned to expect a loss in the one of the must win games.

I think the Jets' annual collapse against a team they were supposed to beat was Week 8 in Cleveland.

Looking at the schedules of Jacksonville, Kansas City & Cincinnati you come across and notice that the Jets have the easiest schedule of the remaining 4 who are vying for the final playoff spot in the AFC East. Here are the 3 hardest games for each team:

Jets:

1. 11/19 vs Chicago - Hardest team left on the schedule

2. 12/10 vs Buffalo - We usually split with the Bills and this game is a key division game and a must win especially if New England losses 3 and both teams finish at 10-6

3. 12/25 @ Miami - Division rivalry and Miami has played well the past few weeks. Now that's certainly not to say they'll keep it up for the remainder of the season but Miami is always tough at home

Jacksonville:

1. 11/20 vs N.Y. Giants - MNF in Jacksonville and is a huge game for both teams as the Giants try to keep a stern lead on the NFC East and the Jags try to remain above .500

2. 12/10 vs Indianapolis - Colts vs Jags, nuff' said

3. 12/24 vs New England - Rematch of last years AFC Divisional Round and an Xmas eve game which may determine if the Jets will be either still vying for the division or the 6th round slot or possibly could eliminate the Jets from playoff contention

Kansas City:

1. 11/23 vs Denver - Thanksgiving Night and Tony G may miss 2 games meaning he'd miss this one. It's going to be a close hard fought battle but KC could eaisly lose this one if Denver shuts down Larry Johnson and forces Damon Huard or Trent Green to beat them

2. 12/10 vs Baltimore - Will the Chiefs be able to run on Baltimore's tough D?

3. 12/17 @ San Diego - The rematch that is going to be a huge game most likely for the division race for San Diego and they want revenge from October

Cincinnati:

1. 11/19 @ New Orleans - Big game for both. NO is trying to keep the lead in the NFC South and Cincy is trying to stay alive in the AFC North

2. 12/18 @ Indianapolis - They may be trying to end the Colts' dreams of going undefeated and this could be a very high scoring MNF clash.

3. 12/24 @ Denver - This could be it for Cincy, especially with Denver in the clash with San Diego for the AFC West championship

And just for the ways of New England:

1. 11/26 vs Chicago - Going to be a tough game for New England and this could be the deciding tiebreaker with head to head opponents for the AFC East if a tie happens at the end of the season.

2. 12/10 @ Miami - Miami plays New England tough and it's in Miami. This is probably going to be a win for New England but it could as eaisly be a loss if Miami steps up.

3. 12/24 @ Jacksonville - This is one of Jacksonville's big games and as listed above, could be the deciding game of where the Jets land if they even do land in the playoffs.

Now, here's a way for the Jets to win the division:

Both Jets & Pats finish 10-6. 1-1 split between and lets say both finish 5-1 in the divison. Then it goes to record against common opponents. 2-0 for both vs Miami & Buffalo lets say. Then both lets say lose to Chicago, 4-1. Both beat Minny, GB & Detroit so we're at 7-1 then. Both lost to Indy, 7-2. Say NE losses to Jax, it's 7-3. And then lets go with both beat Houston & Tenn and we stand at 9-3. Fine. Then we go to AFC Records. Pats are currently 5-3 & the Jets are 4-4. If the Jets lose once more in the AFC their record could be 7-5. If the Pats lose their final 3 against the AFC the Jets are in but if it's they lose 2 say Jacksonville & Miami, well then it's 7-5 a piece and we go to the 5th way of breaking up which is strengh of vicotry which I'm not going to figure out but it probably would go to New England (if anyone wants to differ and find out it's us, go ahead cause I was to lazy to do the work).

Here's the thing. Don't count on the division, aim for the wild card. What do we has fans have to do? Root against Jacksonville, KC & Cincy and cheer our Jets on. A 10-6 finish with Jax, KC & CIncy finishing 9-7 or worse = playoffs for the Jets.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Excellant analysis...

Looking at the schedules it seems like we should be a favorite to make the playoffs after last weeks win. If the defense keeps playing like it did Sunday, were definitely going to get there which would be an amazing job by Mangini

Now you sound just like Klecko.

With all due respect, one game and one week at a time. Just enjoy the journey.

I agree, we can't get ahead of ourselves. Remember, anything can happen in the NFL. I'm not saying it is going to happen but we can either loose the next 7 or go and win 7 straight. We are capable of winning, but we also still make mistakes.

Archived