Chad Pennington

Boozer76

yeah that made sense. we were running well so the bears went to their pass defense.

were we forced into noodle arm penny throwing at that point? the bears came out in the 2nd half having dodged several bullets in the 1st half. they remained patient & mistake free. the jets forced issues & beat themselves in the 2nd half. the os kick was part of forcing the issue & not being patient.

Oops, sorry, that was a mistake, I meant they started playing the run. That's why we couldn't keep running the ball, they made adjustments. Pennington needed to start stretching out the defense at that point. Before the game, I said we'd need to stretch the D out in order to open up the run game and so that they'd play off our WRs a bit. We never did that, so the Bears just geared in on the short passes and run game. They left the deep outs open on several plays, but Chad just was not hitting them. A decent QB wins that game, no question.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oops, sorry, that was a mistake, I meant they started playing the run. That's why we couldn't keep running the ball, they made adjustments. Pennington needed to start stretching out the defense at that point. Before the game, I said we'd need to stretch the D out in order to open up the run game and so that they'd play off our WRs a bit. We never did that, so the Bears just geared in on the short passes and run game. They left the deep outs open on several plays, but Chad just was not hitting them. A decent QB wins that game, no question.

oh I get it now, thanks.

against chi towns d, we just couldn't stretch the d with 3 or 4 wiseouts. any q back gets killed in that situation. chad missed some throws in the 2nd half but remember he hit a few of them too. the bears d makes a descent q back look like a bad one

If you guys hate Pennington so much then you should have supported the jets drafting Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler. I like Pennington a lot more than you guys do but I also acknowledged the fact that we need an eventual successor at QB.

Alot of people here did want Jay Cutler, including myself.

Leinart is just a lefty version of Pennington. His arm is also too weak to play in the meadowlands. Clemens at least has a very strong arm.

Ok so we are 5 and 5 with Penny, I say cut the string and put Clemens in NOW. Especially gainst these next teams.

Penny throwing for 120 yards a game or less blows...come on we need to get the ball down field now, not 2 or three years from now. Give the kid a chance. What do we have to lose a season???? Enough already, we need a change.

Ok so we are 5 and 5 with Penny, I say cut the string and put Clemens in NOW. Especially gainst these next teams.

Penny throwing for 120 yards a game or less blows...come on we need to get the ball down field now, not 2 or three years from now. Give the kid a chance. What do we have to lose a season???? Enough already, we need a change.

Never! We're the Jets, 5-5 is like going undefeated for us! By creating lowered expectations, we can pass off anything as success! Go Jets! Just imagine, without Pennington we could be 0-10! That justifies not even trying for 10-0! What do we look like, an actual winning fanchise? Taking risks is for winners, not us.

It's disgusting when I'd rather watch Patriots trolls post than Jets fans.

Never! We're the Jets, 5-5 is like going undefeated for us! By creating lowered expectations, we can pass off anything as success! Go Jets! Just imagine, without Pennington we could be 0-10! That justifies not even trying for 10-0! What do we look like, an actual winning fanchise? Taking risks is for winners, not us.

It's disgusting when I'd rather watch Patriots trolls post than Jets fans.

Come over to the dark side Luke.

damn 26 pages on this ****. wow. If he loses to one of the **** teams left on our schedule then he should benched immediately, not a minute before. Mr Inconsistent is killin me

That's not fair to Clemens and the rest of the team. If you're going to bring in Clemens, you have to do it now, within the next 2 weeks latest. Ideally it should have been after the bye, since you have the extra week to work with him, but I guess since we were running up against two good defenses it was a better idea to see what Chad could do.

Clemens deserves at least 4-5 games to show what he can do, and to learn from. It'd be retarded to evaluate him on only 3 games. I don't think he'd even benefit much from that few games, he'd spend all offseason thinking about a million things he couldn't do right. With 5 games at least there's enough time to find some strengths and weaknesses and build off just those.

Chad should finish out the season, and then become a backup. The worst case scenario is Chad keeps the job and starts next year. At 5-5 there's still enough season left to build some rapport between Clemens and the rest of the team. If Pennington has his stinker 3 weeks from now, I don't care, it's too freaking late, just let him finish the season.

look at tx and how bad he wants chad out of the starting lineup...can you blame him after we went in to there house and housed em...:)

Pennington played a ****ty game by most QB's standards, we just won because he didn't **** up as bad as he usually does, and the rest of the team played an absurd game. Put a decent QB back there, and it's probably a blowout. Even the Patriots players said they got their asses kicked, yet the scoreboard only showed a 3 point difference. Why is that? Because the only position on the field that didn't perform at a high level was the QB, and that held back the rest of the team. The guy threw for what, 168 yards, 1 TD 1 INT and like a 5 ypa? How is that a good game? If that's good what is average? 100 yards and 1 INT?

damn 26 pages on this ****. wow. If he loses to one of the **** teams left on our schedule then he should benched immediately, not a minute before. Mr Inconsistent is killin me

Adjust your settings and you can get all on one page.

I agree with those saying that Chad is not the answer. If he has one more bad game we need to give Clemens a shot and see what he can do.

I have a question, for those saying that we need to see Clemens get a shot so we can have an idea of what he's about before the draft, why should we give up on him so quick? He only gets a few games to prove himself or we draft another QB? That makes absolutely no sense. Most rookie QBs play poorly in their first season. Its not like he's a 5th round project. Say he get the start in the last 3 or 4 games and plays bad, you guys will want us to draft Brady Quinn or something? Alex Smith was terrible last year, this year he's improved and looking like he could be a good QB. I can go through a list of high draft picks that sucked their first year.

Just trying to understand the logic behind some of these posts.

Anybody want to bet against Chad Pennington having a decent game this week?

He'll have a decent game, maybe 1 TD and no INTs, the Jets will win by a TD or so, and all the chadinettes will claim Pennington is awesome. Honestly, this is more common at JI, but there are some here that are just like that.

I dont want to say it but............

Anybody want to bet against Chad Pennington having a decent game this week?

He'll have a decent game, maybe 1 TD and no INTs, the Jets will win by a TD or so, and all the chadinettes will claim Pennington is awesome. Honestly, this is more common at JI, but there are some here that are just like that.

I dont want to say it but............

They will demand an apology from us too. They'll say we also owe Chad an apology. Funny, he never has to apologize to me after his ****ty games.

Even if he stinks again, I kind of want him to just finish the damn season now. I already know the script though. We'll be 9-6 going into the game in Oakland, needing to win to get in, and needing help if we lose. We will of course lose that game, and chances are we get the help, and we back in to the playoffs. Then the Chadinettes talk about Chad leading the Jets to the playoffs again. In the playoffs, the defense will absolutely play lights out again, and Chad will lose us a game, if not in the WC round, the divisional round.

They will demand an apology from us too. They'll say we also owe Chad an apology. Funny, he never has to apologize to me after his ****ty games.

Even if he stinks again, I kind of want him to just finish the damn season now. I already know the script though. We'll be 9-6 going into the game in Oakland, needing to win to get in, and needing help if we lose. We will of course lose that game, and chances are we get the help, and we back in to the playoffs. Then the Chadinettes talk about Chad leading the Jets to the playoffs again. In the playoffs, the defense will absolutely play lights out again, and Chad will lose us a game, if not in the WC round, the divisional round.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

After a day of simmering down a bit, I have been able to come to grips with what I BELIEVE is the current state of the Jets.

I believe Mangini knows exactly what he is doing, and I believe that it will help us more than hurt us. The Jets are still in the hunt for the playoffs. We can make the playoffs and possibly upset a team or two. Not, I am not so delusional to think that there is any likelihood that this will happen, but it is POSSIBLE. Granted, pigs will be cleared for takeoff, but it is possible nonetheless.

At this point, I believe, Mangini is sticking with Chad for two reasons:

1) If we just make it to the playoffs this year, imagine what it does for the team next year. I know players would be more likely to sign on with us in Free Agency, current players will buy into Mangini's program wholeheartedley, if they haven't already done so, and Mangini will gain a whole bunch of confidence in himself. Just making the playoffs, would be huge, for next year.

2) Clemens apparently is not ready. Don't put him in there in a high pressure, playoff implication situation. That is not the way to start a career, unless there is no other choice. Chad gives us the best chance to win now, and it is still POSSIBLE that we may sneak into the playoffs and pull off an upset or two. Not only is Chad the best QB on the team for today, but IMO him starting now actually helps Clemens' development. I don't know what KC can do, but I bet Mangini does. How would the player's react if Chad was benched today in favor of Clemens.

Don't get me wrong. I think Kellen Clemens will indeed start a game for us this year, unless we go into the last week unsure if we are in the postseason. If you look at the front page of the Jets Official Website, they have in bold print that Chad is starting against the Texan's. Kinda Wierd if you ask me that it is even a question that is being addressed on the official website unless it is an actual question that Mangini is addressing himself. Chad's days are numbered. He gets 1 more free pass. If he loses 1 more game he won't get benched. However, he will be on a short leash. If Chad does not have a monster set of games in the next two weeks, I say he's gone as soon as our playoff hopes are.

Chad embodies everything that is right with pro sports off the field. On the field, this year.........................................................................there's nothing that is pro about his game. GIve him one more pass, Mangini. That's fine, but don't just let him stay out there, that is unless you're changing your mantra of playing with the best personnel for the best chance to win.

Chad.........Thanks for the memories. You're a class act. But as Robert Plant so eloquently stated off his first album with the New Yardbird's......You're time is gonna come!!!!!!!!

After a day of simmering down a bit, I have been able to come to grips with what I BELIEVE is the current state of the Jets.

I believe Mangini knows exactly what he is doing, and I believe that it will help us more than hurt us. The Jets are still in the hunt for the playoffs. We can make the playoffs and possibly upset a team or two. Not, I am not so delusional to think that there is any likelihood that this will happen, but it is POSSIBLE. Granted, pigs will be cleared for takeoff, but it is possible nonetheless.

At this point, I believe, Mangini is sticking with Chad for two reasons:

1) If we just make it to the playoffs this year, imagine what it does for the team next year. I know players would be more likely to sign on with us in Free Agency, current players will buy into Mangini's program wholeheartedley, if they haven't already done so, and Mangini will gain a whole bunch of confidence in himself. Just making the playoffs, would be huge, for next year.

2) Clemens apparently is not ready. Don't put him in there in a high pressure, playoff implication situation. That is not the way to start a career, unless there is no other choice. Chad gives us the best chance to win now, and it is still POSSIBLE that we may sneak into the playoffs and pull off an upset or two. Not only is Chad the best QB on the team for today, but IMO him starting now actually helps Clemens' development. I don't know what KC can do, but I bet Mangini does. How would the player's react if Chad was benched today in favor of Clemens.

Don't get me wrong. I think Kellen Clemens will indeed start a game for us this year, unless we go into the last week unsure if we are in the postseason. If you look at the front page of the Jets Official Website, they have in bold print that Chad is starting against the Texan's. Kinda Wierd if you ask me that it is even a question that is being addressed on the official website unless it is an actual question that Mangini is addressing himself. Chad's days are numbered. He gets 1 more free pass. If he loses 1 more game he won't get benched. However, he will be on a short leash. If Chad does not have a monster set of games in the next two weeks, I say he's gone as soon as our playoff hopes are.

Chad embodies everything that is right with pro sports off the field. On the field, this year.........................................................................there's nothing that is pro about his game. GIve him one more pass, Mangini. That's fine, but don't just let him stay out there, that is unless you're changing your mantra of playing with the best personnel for the best chance to win.

Chad.........Thanks for the memories. You're a class act. But as Robert Plant so eloquently stated off his first album with the New Yardbird's......You're time is gonna come!!!!!!!!

Nice post Dude......every Jet Fan wants the Jets to make it to the playoffs, however lets be realistic, even if we make the playoffs, how can we possible count on Penny, take a close look at his playoff record. Even the game we won in SD, he really struggled. The truth is is has a very tough time reading multiple defensive fronts, especially when the defense sets' up one way and then do their shifting.

If you take a close look at the Pitt game when we lost in OT, that was exactly what Pitt did to confuse him and set up his picks.

Dont get me wrong Penny will have his moments when he really looks good but he is way to inconsistent to lead a team. It's not like the guy is a second year guy. He has been here a while (granted the injuries set him back). We were al high on Penny because Vinny was just so terrible. That's the truth. And we also liked Penny's firey style that has gone by the way side now. Remember him head-butting guys? Where is that Penny?

We are 5-5 now, I'll put it to you this way, if Penny comes out and has a stinker again this weekend (regardless of if we win) Penny has got to sit. we need to have a fresh QB with some ability to throw the ball down field. Maybe 10-15 years ago an NFL team could get away with a dinker or donker QB, but not in today's NFL where the defensive players are as quick as the offensive players. Let's see Clemens, Let's give the kid a shot, and just maybe we will be surprised.

Good points.

1) That is a real valid point. However, there is a flip side to that. Chad hinders that also. Yes, Mangini is a plus. The team is moving forward. However, the QB situation is up in the air. If money is a non-issue (i.e. similar offers from more then one team), the deciding factor might be the team's current state. The Jets are going in the right direction, but one of the most important pieces is a mess.

2) What is the team's goal? To win a Superbowl. When your whole outlook is maybe we can sneak into the playoffs and steal a game or two, chances are you are going nowhere anyways. The perfect time is now. The schedule is not exactly tough. Waiting until you are out of the playoff hunt could mean the people around Clemens are mailing it in.

Good points.

1) That is a real valid point. However, there is a flip side to that. Chad hinders that also. Yes, Mangini is a plus. The team is moving forward. However, the QB situation is up in the air. If money is a non-issue (i.e. similar offers from more then one team), the deciding factor might be the team's current state. The Jets are going in the right direction, but one of the most important pieces is a mess.

2) What is the team's goal? To win a Superbowl. When your whole outlook is maybe we can sneak into the playoffs and steal a game or two, chances are you are going nowhere anyways. The perfect time is now. The schedule is not exactly tough. Waiting until you are out of the playoff hunt could mean the people around Clemens are mailing it in.

I'll bet that Romo would've had a much tougher time if Parcells waited until Dallas was eliminated.

I'll bet that Romo would've had a much tougher time if Parcells waited until Dallas was eliminated.

That is exactly my point...in my other post I specifically state that this organization needs some balls...a lot better QB's have been benched during the regular season than Chad...let's get real.

Archived