Chad Pennington

Boozer76

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes Chad had a bad game today against the best defense in the NFC. Boo Hoo

It's irrelevant what Chicago's NFC ranking is. Those picks would've happened against a college team. Nothing happened on those plays other than Chad locking in on Baker on the first one & just not throwing it away on the 2nd one.

This year Chad gave us until eliminated from playoff contention the best possible chance to win- if we get eliminated Clemens has to be in there to get experience and see how he can perform

Dude, if you had a real NFL QB today, you would have beaten the best team in the NFC.

Jets defense was outstanding today.

The Jets lost because they have a "pretender" for an NFL QB.

The only one word that describes Pennington today is:

AWFUL.

Ask 'heelz, he'll tell you.

Absolutely Awful.

Dude looked scared as hell out there. Coles was wide the F-open on that red zone INT (cough*unc quarterbacks*cough) yet he goes into triple coverage for the int.

The drive where he dumps off that horrible toss-up we will call a pass for the second INT. Yeah, that was a FG we could have had.

Then at the end of the game, when you need to stretch the field more than ever, the great 3-5 yard tosses.

Awful...

Awful.

The chances of a rookie QB coming in and playing better then Chad has are NIL.

No offense, but we heard the same thing in the old country back in 2001. And funny thing-the young guy did the job-for a time.

If Pennington had any kind of an arm, he'd be a superstar. He's a coach's son, probably has a future as an OC if he wanted to do it, is sharp and as smart as anyone, a decent guy, a leader.

BUT-that arm isn't strong enough to win games when the jets have nothing else going on. Against superior defenses he seems to come up small. Teams cheat up; the field becomes a bunch of receivers within 7-10 yard of the LOS. It takes a lot of guesswork out of defensing the Jets. I know-he's very accurate deep, but we know it's uncanny how many of those balls lately seem to come down like punts-end-ove-end wounded ducks.

I readlily admit-I hated and still hate Herman Edwards.

This is very different. Pennington is genuinely a nice man.I wish he was that superstar. This franchise should know before next APril if Clemens can be the guy. And it gives me no pleasure to acknowledge that Pennington's physical limitations may now outweigh his other strengths.

It's irrelevant what Chicago's NFC ranking is. Those picks would've happened against a college team. Nothing happened on those plays other than Chad locking in on Baker on the first one & just not throwing it away on the 2nd one.

It's a great defense. They had Urlacher spying on the play. What's your altenative to Chad? I've got news for all of you no one else is winning with the group of ****ty skill position players on this team. Yes Coles, Cotchery, and Washington are nice players, and Barlow is Antoine Smith II, nice power back but that is it. Outside of that Baker sucks, and no other WR is any good.

It's a great defense. They had Urlacher spying on the play. What's your altenative to Chad? I've got news for all of you no one else is winning with the group of ****ty skill position players on this team. Yes Coles, Cotchery, and Washington are nice players, and Barlow is Antoine Smith II, nice power back but that is it. Outside of that Baker sucks, and no other WR is any good.

I hate to break this to you but right now Chad is the single worst player on our O. Baker is playing TE at a much higher level than Chad is playing QB at the moment.

What? Even if Urlacher wasn't there, it would be double coverage and behind the reciever. Instead of an INT, I guess it'd probably be an incomplete pass, but I'm not even sure of that. There is no defending that decision.

This O-line had another great performance, especially in pass blocking. Pretty much any NFL QB with Coles and Cotchery with that time today would have carved up the Bears defense. Seriously. You don't need superstar WRs, Coles and Cotchery are probably one of the better tandems in the league to be honest, in terms of overall combined talent. This loss squarely falls on Pennington. Everyone else on both sides of the ball showed up. Nugent didn't really show up, because Mangini already gave up on him. If it's not Pennington's fault, which I do think it is, you're going to have to kill Mangini's game planning then on offense. I have never heard of a gameplan with exclusively 5 yard dumpoffs and overthrows on anything beyond 10 yards to open recievers. I somehow don't think you coach the overthrow in. The players were open, the gameplan looked good to me, I think it's ****ty execution squarely on the QB.

You will see how pathetic this offense really is once Clemens or Ramsey steps in there.

I'm not for benching Chad. We have an easy schedule and Chad will bounce back against comparable competition to his talent. I would not re sign him for more than back up money after another off season and I would like to see Clemens get some reps so we draft a franchise QB next year.

All QBs throw INTs and I didnt expect Chad to light up the Bears today, but whats beginning to urk me is taht a lot of these INTs are right out of Vinny's book. Just brutal decisions and balls that should not be thrown. Baker was covered over and under today, just eat that and kick the FG. Against Jax Chad telegraped an INT into triple coverage AND he's done it many other times too. For a guy who has a bright football mind he should not be making these decisions so consistently.

Chad's strenght is being a smart, efficient game manager. So when he starts making throws like this it multiplies because you know he is not coming back the next drive and making up for it with a 50 yard strike.

What? Even if Urlacher wasn't there, it would be double coverage and behind the reciever. Instead of an INT, I guess it'd probably be an incomplete pass, but I'm not even sure of that. There is no defending that decision.

This O-line had another great performance, especially in pass blocking. Pretty much any NFL QB with Coles and Cotchery with that time today would have carved up the Bears defense. Seriously. You don't need superstar WRs, Coles and Cotchery are probably one of the better tandems in the league to be honest, in terms of overall combined talent. This loss squarely falls on Pennington. Everyone else on both sides of the ball showed up. Nugent didn't really show up, because Mangini already gave up on him. If it's not Pennington's fault, which I do think it is, you're going to have to kill Mangini's game planning then on offense. I have never heard of a gameplan with exclusively 5 yard dumpoffs and overthrows on anything beyond 10 yards to open recievers. I somehow don't think you coach the overthrow in. The players were open, the gameplan looked good to me, I think it's ****ty execution squarely on the QB.

I just think the Bears played a better game today. I somehow doubt that Mangini thinks Coles and Cotchery alone can be the answer or he wouldn't have looked at trading for Branch. Chad made a couple of bad decisions today, no doubt - but he is still a good QB. The skill position players on the Jets are not scaring anyone. Look around the league and tell me among the top offenses which ones the Jets skill guys compare to.

EDIT: Heck, our skill guys don't compare to the Bears.

You will see how pathetic this offense really is once Clemens or Ramsey steps in there.

Hopefully they play a full season before they turn 30 yrs old.

Chad is 30. Clemens might come in and stuggle, but sooner or later you have to take a hit and take a step backwards, to take 2 or 3 steps forward.

Chad is an excellent side stepper. We are going nowhere with him.

For a guy who is supposedly has a bright football mind he should be consistently making these type of passes.

That is why at least 10 points were left on the field today. A guy who has been in the league for 7 years knows (or should) not to throw into triple coverage, especially when a receiver is wide open elsewhere.

Also when you can't find anyone open or there just isn't any conceivable way to make something positive happen, throw it out of bounds, take a sack, anything..just do not toss it up there for anyone to grab. Thats pure stupidity on the qb's part.

What was Dallas' alternative to Drew Bledsoe?

What was Pittsburgh's alternative to Tommy Maddox?

What was Baltimore's alternative to Tony Banks?

What was New England's alternative to Drew Bledsoe?

What was St. Louis' alternative to Kurt Warner?

What was Carolina's alternative to Rodney Peete?

And Chad's weapons only seem to look as bad b/c he's the one delivering the ball. The more I watch Coles play, the more impressed I am with him. He is friggin' awesome & prevents Chad from looking as bad as he's truly been. How many WR's break tackles or drag receivers like that & always seem to get across the 1st-down marker even though Chad's. Santana Moss was also nothing special when Chad was throwing him the ball. First year away from Pennington he's in the pro-bowl. Back it up a little earlier - Coles' first year away from Chad Pennington: also goes to the pro-bowl. Justin McCareins goes from leading the NFL in YPC to mediocre as soon as Chad becomes his QB.

Oh, what's the point? Why don't we all have a hands-across-America moment & all just pretend that Chad has no arm problems. He never has. He's never come up small in big games. His arm strength never lets defenses cheat up & help stop our running game. Anything less than stellar is someone else's fault.

Wonderful Chad needs, and deserves, 3 pro-bowl WR's, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl RB, pro-bowlers on the OL, and a dominant defense.

Then he'll show the world just how great he is.

And Chad's weapons only seem to look as bad b/c he's the one delivering the ball. The more I watch Coles play, the more impressed I am with him. He is friggin' awesome & prevents Chad from looking as bad as he's truly been. How many WR's break tackles or drag receivers like that & always seem to get across the 1st-down marker even though Chad's. Santana Moss was also nothing special when Chad was throwing him the ball. First year away from Pennington he's in the pro-bowl. Back it up a little earlier - Coles' first year away from Chad Pennington: also goes to the pro-bowl. Justin McCareins goes from leading the NFL in YPC to mediocre as soon as Chad becomes his QB.

Oh, what's the point? Why don't we all have a hands-across-America moment & all just pretend that Chad has no arm problems. He never has. He's never come up small in big games. His arm strength never lets defenses cheat up & help stop our running game. Anything less than stellar is someone else's fault.

Wonderful Chad needs, and deserves, 3 pro-bowl WR's, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl RB, pro-bowlers on the OL, and a dominant defense.

So all of the sudden once the Jets get a QB better than Chad, Coles will turn into TO, Hines Ward, Torry Holt or Steve Smith.

Ok I got it now.

So now Patrick Ramsey is Tom Brady? If he were we'd be talking about benching Ramsey now. It's not like Chad got this job because of his great reputation and the wonderful year he had in '05.

Didn't he already have that at least once? We had one of the most dominant O-lines in the league, CuMart, Coles and Moss all at the same time iirc. Sure we had Becht as our TE, but damn, those were talented offenses if you think about it.

So now Patrick Ramsey is Tom Brady? If he were we'd be talking about benching Ramsey now. It's not like Chad got this job because of his great reputation and the wonderful year he had in '05.

I don't think Spermie is thinking Ramsey, I think he's thinking Clemens.

By the way, Chad missed either short or high on just about every throw after INT #2. Once he throws a pick or two he goes into a shell, presses, and plays awful from that point forward. We called it in the bar today after INT #2 - he missed just about everyone after that point. Awful.

Didn't he already have that at least once? We had one of the most dominant O-lines in the league, CuMart, Coles and Moss all at the same time iirc. Sure we had Becht as our TE, but damn, those were talented offenses if you think about it.

Moss was a rookie that year. It was 2002 and yes when that was the offense Chad played exceptionally well.

Well, Ramsey did have a hand in getting Coles to the Pro Bowl didn't he? And Brunell got Moss into the Pro Bowl. These aren't exactly top QBs here, or even top offensive systems. I'm pretty sure Schotty does a better job than Spurrier ever did.

That being said, I don't think Ramsey is any better than a backup himself. He has zero mobility and makes bad decisions. I'd like to see what Clemens has, but I wouldn't mind seeing if Ramsey can really develop with good coaching. I just doubt it though.

You know, outside of Jets fans, most objective observers think Pennington sucks. Jets fans are the biggest homers in the NFL, and it's why a lot of people look down on the Jets. You're making fun of Bledsoe, Losman, Grossman, Plummer and Brooks, but hey, guess what, at least their fans don't think they're the best QBs. Hell, I think fans are overly critical of those QBs, outside of Losman anyway. In terms of production and ability, they're all definitely at least comparable to Pennington. Jets fans want to act like Pennington is as good as Peyton Manning or Tom Brady (there are quite a few threads like that) when it's clear that it's not even close.

Once he throws a pick or two he goes into a shell, presses, and plays awful from that point forward. We called it in the bar today after INT #2 - he missed just about everyone after that point. Awful.

You said it, he was just Awful.

More proof that today was so terrible-you were furious and that hardly ever happens.

By the way, Chad missed either short or high on just about every throw after INT #2. Once he throws a pick or two he goes into a shell, presses, and plays awful from that point forward. We called it in the bar today after INT #2 - he missed just about everyone after that point. Awful.

I agree. I don't think this has been a traditional problem of Chad's, but it certainly has been this year. Jacksonville and this game in particular.

You said it, he was just Awful.

More proof that today was so terrible-you were furious and that hardly ever happens.

I must be coming out of that Herm Edwards haze finally.

But today - awful. Awful.

I agree. I don't think this has been a traditional problem of Chad's, but it certainly has been this year. Jacksonville and this game in particular.

It's been this way a while, actually. It was the Hackett way - make a mistake or two and get REAL conservative. He played to not make a mistake instead of playing to make a play today. He still has some Hackett in the brain, I think.

If Chad had won the game vs the browns (as he should've) and lost vs the pats and the bears i doubt that any of you would be bitching like this. Again AFTER THE BROWNS GAME ALL OF US would've signed for 5-5 IN A SECOND.

I believe you are wrong. Pennington played like sh!t today and I'd call that out even if they won in Cleveland and lost the last two to get to 5-5. I actually think Clemens should stay on the sideline the entire year - no sense having him develop bad habits if he's not ready (ala Eli Manning who is still screwed up from playing as a rookie). I'm not calling for Pennington to hit the bench, but I am saying that he was awful today. Awful.

If Chad had won the game vs the browns (as he should've) and lost vs the pats and the bears i doubt that any of you would be bitching like this. Again AFTER THE BROWNS GAME ALL OF US would've signed for 5-5 IN A SECOND.

And if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops.

I don't give a **** about IFs, I only care about reality.

I believe you are wrong. Pennington played like sh!t today and I'd call that out even if they won in Cleveland and lost the last two to get to 5-5. I actually think Clemens should stay on the sideline the entire year - no sense having him develop bad habits if he's not ready (ala Eli Manning who is still screwed up from playing as a rookie). I'm not calling for Pennington to hit the bench, but I am saying that he was awful today. Awful.

I agree with you. I'm IN NO WAY trying to defend chad's play today. I'm talking to the people are are calling for him to be benched.

The REALITY is that we're 5-5 and 3 weeks ago every jet fan woulda been thrilled with 5-5.

Yeah, well, every Jets fan would have been much more thrilled with 6-4.

Sorry if my glasses don't have enough green tint on them to make me "thrilled" after a loss.

Archived