Chad Pennington

Boozer76

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our schedule isn't as easy as we once thought it was.

Miami, Buffalo, and Houston are no pushovers, and the Raiders have actually been solid lately.

I don't see us making the playoffs without better QB play.

Do you really think that GARBAGE QB's like Losman Harrington and Walter are going to move the ball on our D the way they are playing now? Carr is the last decent QB we see all season...

Does the kid know the play book? I hope everybody realizes that about 75% of the success we have had on O comes from this no huddle BS. We aren't exactly blowing people off the ball. I doubt Clemens is ready to run it. The fact that Houston and Washington had several 10 yard runs is meaningless because you cannot sustain a long drive with 10 yard runs and -2 yard runs.

I'm not fool enough to think Clemens can run the O like Chad does if he went in there tomorrow. And you're right on with Chad's before the snap skills - you didn't even bring up his mastering of the hard count which has gotten us a bunch of 1st downs we wouldn't have had. All I'm saying and have said since before the 1st shoulder injury is - he doesn't make the throws consistantly enough to ever take this team to the trophy. And thats just my opinion.

So - do we keep him in there and maybe snag a play-off spot? Which, by the way, is probably weighing in VERY heavy with Mangini's ego. Or do we look to the future and give Clemens 5 games of experience to see if he can get parts of the position down before we draft next year. Everything I've seen out of the new regime tells me we're moving rapidly in the right direction. I'd give up the chance for an 06 play-off spot for better info going into 07 - but thats just me.

I don't know how Chad would do better with different conditions. The O-line absolutely STONED the Bears most plays, and this was the best Chad could do. Even Harrington would have tore apart the Bears D with that type of time. One cent was only pressured what, two or three times? And even those times he had adequate time to at least throw the ball away, or even complete a pass. I don't see how you can possibly think Chad could do any better in another situation. If you're going to demand a run game, then why do we need Chad? Clemens could hand off just as well.

The Chad haters will ALWAYS bash him 20x more for every bad thing he does then give him credit for anything positive.

What has he done positive this year?

He has thrown more INT's than TD passes and has a less than 45 QB rating in 3 of his last 6 games.

The guy sucks.

How can you justify him even being on the field?

im just sayin it seems to me that chad's had these types of flaws ever since that first shoulder injury, they are jsut terribly exposed lately b/c he has to make more throws than he used to. its just too early to bring in clemens and possibly stunt his development by lettin him bomb, and wasting a talented unit on D.

follow the phillip rivers theory: let em ride the pine for at least 2 seasons then bust em out of the gate with a hold of the offense, and make sure u have the playmakers around him to get it done

I'm not fool enough to think Clemens can run the O like Chad does if he went in there tomorrow. And you're right on with Chad's before the snap skills - you didn't even bring up his mastering of the hard count which has gotten us a bunch of 1st downs we wouldn't have had. All I'm saying and have said since before the 1st shoulder injury is - he doesn't make the throws consistantly enough to ever take this team to the trophy. And thats just my opinion.

So - do we keep him in there and maybe snag a play-off spot? Which, by the way, is probably weighing in VERY heavy with Mangini's ego. Or do we look to the future and give Clemens 5 games of experience to see if he can get parts of the position down before we draft next year. Everything I've seen out of the new regime tells me we're moving rapidly in the right direction. I'd give up the chance for an 06 play-off spot for better info going into 07 - but thats just me.

ding-ding-ding!

The Jets will never win a superbowl (or even make it to one) as long as Chad is our QB. I mean, how long does anyone think 5-yard (at most) dumpoffs is going to win games? His lack of arm strength kills our pass offense. It kills our playcalling ability. And it kills our run defense.

And for all his smarts, he either doesn't see the field or doesn't have any confidence in his ability to deliver the ball on-target if it's >10 yards or if the receiver isn't standing all alone. It wasn't just the interception in the endzone. The greatest of NFL QB's has done that, and more than once. But someone else (I think it was Dwight) had his man beat with at least 5 yards of separation. Chad never saw him before throwing that pick.

Boozer's been ringing this bell for a while. The best argument for keeping Chad in there is not that he's so great - or even so good - but rather the fear of worse. It really is no different than us replacing Herm.

I had little issue with keeping him in there up to this point, but there is about zero chance of us winning a superbowl with him in there, so what is the point?

Chad won't be cut in the offseason. His cap hit is almost identical to keep or cut next year & we'd be hard-pressed to find a better #2 QB at approximately zero cap hit.

I prefer Clemens since he's more likely the future, but whether it's him or Ramsey, put ONE of them in. At least they'll f'ing TRY a pass of 20 yards on 3rd-&-long. As it is with Chad (and as it HAS been with Chad for years), we give up. It's a foregone conclusion that he will not deliver a 20, 30, or 40-yd completion so it is not attempted. The call is instead a draw play so at least it tacks 5+ yds on to the punt yardage.

Enough of this already. He made a great story of his comeback. He's a swell guy. And that's all great. But this team needs a QB who can throw the ball with authority & see the whole field. Maybe that's Clemens & maybe it's not. But it most definitely is NOT Chad Pennington.

What has he done positive this year?

He has thrown more INT's than TD passes and has a less than 45 QB rating in 3 of his last 6 games.

The guy sucks.

How can you justify him even being on the field?

I guess he only gets credit for the 5 losses not the 5 wins. You are such a complete hypocrite troll. You are EXACTLY the opposite with cindy. You ignore his crap games. Why should any jet fan take anything you say seriously?

im just sayin it seems to me that chad's had these types of flaws ever since that first shoulder injury, they are jsut terribly exposed lately b/c he has to make more throws than he used to. its just too early to bring in clemens and possibly stunt his development by lettin him bomb, and wasting a talented unit on D.

follow the phillip rivers theory: let em ride the pine for at least 2 seasons then bust em out of the gate with a hold of the offense, and make sure u have the playmakers around him to get it done

What? Waste this talented unit on D?

I thought the justification for one cent was that the D sucked all this time, so he should keep his job because he looks worse than he is or something. Now that the D is somehow talented, he should stay because the D would be wasted? My brain is melting trying to grasp your logic.

We don't have LT, and I think it's ridiculous to expect us to get him in the near future. We also don't have Gates. Clemens is never going to have these great options. Right now the O-line is gelling and these defenses coming up should be okay to start against. You'd rather wait until what exactly?

The Chad haters will ALWAYS bash him 20x more for every bad thing he does then give him credit for anything positive.

Quit being such a damn homer.

Harrington has had some huge games since taking over as Dolphins starting QB. How many TDs did he throw against the defense that just shut out Chad? 3, was it? Chad doesn't have 3 TDs COMBINED in our last three games.

Losman is inconsistent, but so is Chad. I would say that Losman is even more of a threat to have a monster day than Chad is. You think Chad connects with Lee Evans on those two bombs today? Hell no, he connects with a Texans defensive back.

As for Walter, he isn't even their starter anymore. Your boy Aaron Brooks, who I argued about with you for hours during the offseason when you wanted us to sign his dumb ass, is.

Quit being such a damn homer.

Harrington has had some huge games since taking over as Dolphins starting QB. How many TDs did he throw against the defense that just shut out Chad? 3, was it? Chad doesn't have 3 TDs COMBINED in our last three games.

Losman is inconsistent, but so is Chad. I would say that Losman is even more of a threat to have a monster day than Chad is. You think Chad connects with Lee Evans on those two bombs today? Hell no, he connects with a Texans defensive back.

As for Walter, he isn't even their starter anymore. Your boy Aaron Brooks, who I argued about with you for hours, is.

NO 1 Harrington is CRAP. That was obviously a letdown game for the bears and they didn't show up. That wasn't the case today.

NO 2 Losman is also CRAP and Chad beat him head to head. Also chad has long TD's this year but you'll just choose to forget them because they don't fit in your chad bashing agenda.

NO 3 Aaron Brooks would've been a better backup then Ramsey which was ALL I WAS ARGUING.

NO 1 Harrington is CRAP. That was obviously a letdown game for the bears and they didn't show up. That wasn't the case today.

NO 2 Losman is also CRAP and Chad beat him head to head. Also chad has long TD's this year but you'll just choose to forget them because they don't fit in your chad bashing agenda.

NO 3 Aaron Brooks would've been a better backup then Ramsey which was ALL I WAS ARGUING.

Why is Chad NOT crap? You've yet to explain that.

I put those guys on the same level as Pennington. If they are crap, then so is he.

My guess is: they are all crap because they aren't wearing a green and white uniform.

history suggests that you bring clemens in right now, the jets probably dont win 2 more games this year. With this squad, i dont see how Mangini just gives up right now. thats all im tryin to say. Most jet fans were prayin for 5 wins this season, and you already got that this season and its been a nice surprise, why ruin it? if chad continues to be unable to make regular nfl throws in the next two weeks against the texans(whom the jets can beat) and the pack (who they defff can beat), then my opinion will change, and go with the kid cuz then chads obv. a lost cause

btw, i dont even think rivers and gates met this offseason, as any of you guys who have him on fantasy probably know already

This thread is hilarious, it really is.

Well I just finished watching the game on tape. Chad Pennington F##KING SUCKS.

He has been doing this exact same crap the last 6 games!

He has thrown 10 TDs and 11 INTS! You are telling me Clemens can do no better? How the F would you know that exactly?

We didnt throw a single pass over 20 yards - how F'N PATHETIC IS THAT!!??? Jesus Christ, anybody who defends our dumbo eared QB is a friggen Chad homer, you are all ridicilous.

He sucks. And he isnt the future.

Ramsey or Clemens can give us a better chance for here on out.

Nice post. I just don't agree. Rookie qbs are often a disaster. "Seasoning" doesn't have to happen during regular games. Look at Tony Romo. If things go bad during the next few weeks then I'd start looking at getting him some serious action. To me it's still premature.

This thread is hilarious, it really is.

Well I just finished watching the game on tape. Chad Pennington F##KING SUCKS.

He has been doing this exact same crap the last 6 games!

He has thrown 10 TDs and 11 INTS! You are telling me Clemens can do no better? How the F would you know that exactly?

We didnt throw a single pass over 20 yards - how F'N PATHETIC IS THAT!!??? Jesus Christ, anybody who defends our dumbo eared QB is a friggen Chad homer, you are all ridicilous.

He sucks. And he isnt the future.

Ramsey or Clemens can give us a better chance for here on out.

This reactionary crap is why people make fun of jet fans.

history suggests that you bring clemens in right now, the jets probably dont win 2 more games this year. With this squad, i dont see how Mangini just gives up right now. thats all im tryin to say. Most jet fans were prayin for 5 wins this season, and you already got that this season and its been a nice surprise, why ruin it? if chad continues to be unable to make regular nfl throws in the next two weeks against the texans(whom the jets can beat) and the pack (who they defff can beat), then my opinion will change, and go with the kid cuz then chads obv. a lost cause

btw, i dont even think rivers and gates met this offseason, as any of you guys who have him on fantasy probably know already

Hasn't history also shown that if you start at least some games your first season, you do a lot better your second season? You learn from your mistakes, and use the offseason to get better. It's awfully hard to go over your weaknesses over the offseason when you have no clue what they are.

Hasn't history also shown that if you start at least some games your first season, you do a lot better your second season? You learn from your mistakes, and use the offseason to get better. It's awfully hard to go over your weaknesses over the offseason when you have no clue what they are.

very true serphnx, i just think its a little too early at week 11. let em start weeks 14-16 if chad really sucks and their truly is no chance of winning with him this year

NO 4 PennyBoy is crap as well.

Including Ramsey in this statement gives you no credibility. ZERO.

You are right, we don't KNOW what Clemens can do, but we have a pretty good idea. We know what Ramsey can do and it's worse than this.

I think Harrington and Ramsey are comparable.

Harrington has been playing his ass off lately, and has been much better than Pennington over the last month.

Not saying Ramsey would play like JH is playing, but you don't KNOW exactly what Ramsey will do. And you damn sure don't KNOW it would be worse than Chad.

Archived