Thursday Night Football: MERGED

The Gun Of Bavaria

How come my NFL network is not in HD?

I got last week's NFL Game in HD on Channel 95 or 96 or something.

Which HD receiver & Dish do you have?

I just got the brand new DTV+ HD-DVR & the NEW dish that has like 4 or 5 LNBs on it and is twice as big as the oval one I originally had when I first got HD. It wasn't until I got this new receiver and dish that I was able to receive Tigers/Red Wings/Pistons games in HD via the 'alternate' feed of FSN-Detroit. I wonder if the same goes for NFL - HD?

I just got the brand new DTV+ HD-DVR & the NEW dish that has like 4 or 5 LNBs on it and is twice as big as the oval one I originally had when I first got HD. It wasn't until I got this new receiver and dish that I was able to receive Tigers/Red Wings/Pistons games in HD via the 'alternate' feed of FSN-Detroit. I wonder if the same goes for NFL - HD?

All my other Direct TV stations come in HD, so it's not an issue with the receiver or dish.

Are you saying the NFL newtwork is in HD on channel 95 or 96?

I always tune into NFL network on channel 212.

All my other Direct TV stations come in HD, so it's not an issue with the receiver or dish.

Are you saying the NFL newtwork is in HD on channel 95 or 96?

I always tune into NFL network on channel 212.

Yeah - When DTV broadcasts the 'alternate' HD feeds for normal channels like NFLN on 212 or my FSN on 636, they put the HD programming in the 90s, usually 95 or 96. I bet if you look on your guide now it's there

Yeah - When DTV broadcasts the 'alternate' HD feeds for normal channels like NFLN on 212 or my FSN on 636, they put the HD programming in the 90s, usually 95 or 96. I bet if you look on your guide now it's there

Damn, thanks for the clarification GOB.

I should have checked that out in the first place.

BTW, that is the exact dish I have the one you posted.

TX - the catch is, and I learned this the hard way, is that certain alternate HD feeds, specifically my RSN (Regional Sports Network, in my case FSN-Detroit) can only be picked up WITH the NEW dish AND receiver. This summer I went round and round with DTV when I couldn't get the Tiger games in HD and that was the reason. I don't have the technical answer but it's the signal or type of feed they use to broadcast it, it can only be picked up with the new receiver and dish. I am NOT sure however, if NFLN falls in that category.

and all she got was the house ;)

Once again people, do not forget the importance of this game to us. If Cincy wins they improve on their AFC record and will be 7-5 but if they lose they notch L #6 as well as L #4 against AFC opponents, the same amount of L's we have against AFC opponents.

Once again people, do not forget the importance of this game to us. If Cincy wins they improve on their AFC record and will be 7-5 but if they lose they notch L #6 as well as L #4 against AFC opponents, the same amount of L's we have against AFC opponents.
Ehh I can't worry about that now. If we get to 10 wins things will work themselves out.

TX - the catch is, and I learned this the hard way, is that certain alternate HD feeds, specifically my RSN (Regional Sports Network, in my case FSN-Detroit) can only be picked up WITH the NEW dish AND receiver. This summer I went round and round with DTV when I couldn't get the Tiger games in HD and that was the reason. I don't have the technical answer but it's the signal or type of feed they use to broadcast it, it can only be picked up with the new receiver and dish. I am NOT sure however, if NFLN falls in that category.

GOB,

All the Sunday Ticket games that are broadcast use the alternative feed as well. I get all those in HD with no problem.

I'm going to assume that I can get the NFL network alternative feed as well.

I just didn't go look for it on channel 95 or 96.

GOB,

All the Sunday Ticket games that are broadcast use the alternative feed as well. I get all those in HD with no problem.

I'm going to assume that I can get the NFL network alternative feed as well.

I just didn't go look for it on channel 95 or 96.

I'd bet you're good to go. Check out your guide, I bet it's there already.

Actually I'm typing to you from inside of it. :yahoo:

seriously, I know very very little about what happened & am sorry for both you, you're wife & that gorgeous daughter of yours that things didn't work out. I hope all is well & it's fairly amicable for everyones sake.

I will bust your balls every chance I get though ;)

seriously, I know very very little about what happened & am sorry for both you, you're wife & that gorgeous daughter of yours that things didn't work out. I hope all is well & it's fairly amicable for everyones sake.

Well don't be sorry for the ex after what she did to me, but I appreciate the thoughts on my daughter. She was the real loser in all this but fortunately we're both in her life as much as we can be so it hasn't had much impact on her. Thanks tho

Hi my name is JoeWilly. I bust balls. Then apologize about it later.

Archived