"Objective" Pats fans

GM

Just thought I'd bump this portion for you GM in case Tx missed it the first time ;)

1977-1986: 1 Superbowl

1987-1996: 1 Superbowl

1997-2006: 3 Superbowls; 3 Superbowl Championships.

Just in case you missed it.

Ryno

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League

During the first two Super Bowl matchups, the Green Bay Packers won games against the Kansas City Chiefs and Oakland Raiders by comfortable margins, leading some NFL executives to doubt the wisdom in merging with the upstart league.

Doubt. Not on the verge of collapse, but doubt. Once, the AFL signed their first contract in 1964, the AFL had exposure and capital. It was going nowhere.

The Jets victory was historic as it legitimized the AFL.

1977-1986: 1 Superbowl

1987-1996: 1 Superbowl

1997-2006: 3 Superbowls; 3 Superbowl Championships.

Just in case you missed it.

Ryno

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League

Doubt. Not on the verge of collapse, but doubt. Once, the AFL signed their first contract in 1964, the AFL had exposure and capital. It was going nowhere.

Way to twist it around, but I expect nothing less from a Pats' fan. Originally it was that the Pats have appeared in a SB in each decade for the past 30 years. They didn't appear in one in the 70's so that proved it wrong.

Now, if you want to say they've appeared in five in the last 20 years, then fine. But the facts remain they were a joke before that first SB.

Way to twist it around, but I expect nothing less from a Pats' fan. Originally it was that the Pats have appeared in a SB in each decade for the past 30 years. They didn't appear in one in the 70's so that proved it wrong.

Now, if you want to say they've appeared in five in the last 20 years, then fine. But the facts remain they were a joke before that first SB.

A joke like the Jets? When was the last time you blokes were in a Super Bowl?

PFSIKH,

Now you ruined it for Jets fans. To this day, they all think the reason the NFL merged with the AFL was because of Joe Willy.

PFSIKH,

Now you ruined it for Jets fans. To this day, they all think the reason the NFL merged with the AFL was because of Joe Willy.

joewilly pioneered credibilty for the afl. prior to his performance, the afl was deemed the little sister to the nfl.

Way to skirt around it again with the childish "when were you guys in there last?" routine. That wasn't the point. The point was the "Patriots being in the SB each decade for the last 30 years". They weren't in one in the 70's so that statement was and will always be wrong. Just concede that at least instead of dancing around it.

And I'm surprised you didn't jump on the 5 SB's in the last 20 years. That, to me, is more impressive than saying "we've been in a SB in every decade for the last 30 years" :wink:

Pat fans trying to discredit Joe Willies historical value. A new low. Even by their standards.

...I've heard a lot of consiracy theories about the Jets Superbowl victory. Kind of like the consipracy theories bantered about here in regards to the Pats run.

Jets fans don't think their turds stink. Silly monkeys.

Archived