The 1st Annual JetsNation.com Official Draft Day Thread.....

JonEJet

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the hell did we trade up 4 spots for Kerry Rhodes?? Was he really that hot of a player that he wouldn't have been there at 127??

we probably could have gotten him 2 picks later, but the Jets must really like this guy over james butler, sensabaugh and shazor. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

Kerry Rhodes and Butler were very underrated IMO

Players I hope we can get in rd 5 (trade up for them)

Cedric Houston (the heir to curtis martin)

Michael Munoz (OL depth, potential RT starter down the road)

Ben Wilkerson (how is he still available. comes from same college as mawae, future center)

C.J. Mosley (great value, alot of potential)

Anttaj Hawthorne (see CJ Mosley)

Any details you can offer, Lag? I know nothing about the guy.

I've only seen him play twice but he really stood out those times. He's an aggressive player. Both in terms of going for the ball and making a hit. If he was 6'+ he would have been a 2nd-3rd rounder. He reminds me of Victor Green a little.

I gotta admit i'm very happy with the Steelers selecting Fred Gibson. I think this kid can be coached up and develope into a good WR. =D>:lol:

I love Fred Gibson. I've drafted him every time on Madden since 2002. Sucks to see him go to a team I can't stand. :lol:

Besides the Cardinals second round pick (JJ Arrington), I totally love what they did. Who told Denny Green that the Cardinals could be good now?

Your boy Shazor is diving down the board.

Did he get caught tea-bagging a paraplegic or something?

Pats trade #145 in the 5th and their own 6th at #206 for an '06 4th round pick from the Lions. Lions take QB Dan Orlovsky.

Solid. We have a comp pick at #170, a 6th rounder still at #195, and two 7th rounders, so plenty of picks and no huge gap.

We didn't get huge value for a highish 5th, since we had to send a 6th too for the future 4th, but it's not bad at all.

and now we have a lowish 3rd and a highish 4th (presumably) in addition to our own picks for the '06 draft, giving us more ammo for that one.

Your boy Shazor is diving down the board.

Did he get caught tea-bagging a paraplegic or something?

I have no clue. I guess being a saftey/linebacker tweener, to some people, has scared them off. Maybe he sucked in the pre-draft interviews? Maybe he did get caught tea-bagging that paraplegic... hell if I know. I do know he's a good player, and if he's a UDFA, I don't see how the Jets (or Lions for that matter) aren't on the phone to him the second the draft is over. The kid has loads of talent. And, there are more UDFA's playing each and every year.

Pats trade #145 in the 5th and their own 6th at #206 for an '06 4th round pick from the Lions. Lions take QB Dan Orlovsky.

Solid. We have a comp pick at #170, a 6th rounder still at #195, and two 7th rounders, so plenty of picks and no huge gap.

We didn't get huge value for a highsih 5th, since we had to send a 6th too for the future 4th, but it's not bad at all.

and now we have a lowish 3rd and a highish 4th (presumably) in addition to our own picks for the '06 draft, giving us more ammo for that one.

And, for that, the Lions took the big boy from UConn, QB Dan Orlovsky

Totally agree.

I'll bet the Jets are even successful finding an upgrade over Doug Brien from the group of UDFA kickers that are out there.

Yeah, it's a shame they already drafted one, eh? And, one who's better than all them? Typical Jets, eh? :roll:

The Jets drafted another saftey, and his name wasn't Ernest Shazor... what the bloody hell? The kid was all the rage last month. What in the hell happened?

This is who they drafted... Andre Maddox, saftey from NC State

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/maddox_andre

Archived