The 1st Annual JetsNation.com Official Draft Day Thread.....

JonEJet

Hobbs was in the pros early in his career; held Jerry Rice in check in an impromtu combine in an apirort. He was a legend. But he was derailed by a woman with a gun in a Chicago hotel room, and hadn't been seen or heard from for several years. Has the makings of a good sappy chick flick movie with sports overtones.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Hobbs actually after doing some research. He's 5=9, and Samuel, Gay, Starks, none of these guys are particularly tall either--- BB seems to be comfortable with smallish CBs with quickness, I'm not about to second guess him after what he did to Peyton Manning last year with those guys....

Hobbs is smart, called signals for his team, very good as an ST gunner, and ideally suited for zone coverage which is what the Pats mostly played.

BB says "don't tell me what a guy can't do, tell me what he can and I'll put him in a position to do it."

Hobbs can't cover Moss or Owens in one on one man coverage, but he won't be asked to either.

Good looking pick.

Pouha is

26 FRICKIN YEARS OLD!!!

WHAT A WASTE!!!

could have had hawthorne or mosley

nice one terry! #-o

Dude, 26 isn't old. More than likely you wouldn't keep him throughout his entire career anyway so what's the big deal?

That pick was a pile of Pouha alright.

With C.J. Mosely AND Antajj Hawthorne still on the board, we take a Old Pile of Pouha.

Bradway got a little full of himself it would seem, full of his genius with the trade and his first two picks.

Bad choice. Mosely would have been MUCH better.

Strengths: Has excellent size and a wide frame...Very strong and powerful...Can be dominant at times...Athletic with good speed and quickness...Mature, team leader with great character...Still has a lot of upside and potential.

Weaknesses: Overaged prospect who will be a 26-year-old rookie because he took time off for a church mission...Wears down in games...Underachiever who doesn't always play up to his physical abilities...Is not a great pass rusher but could be...Needs to be more consistent.

Notes: Has just about everything the pros look for in a defensive tackle...Could make a move up draft boards due to his impressive physical tools.

That pick was a pile of Pouha alright.

With C.J. Mosely AND Antajj Hawthorne still on the board, we take a Old Pile of Pouha.

Bradway got a little full of himself it would seem, full of his genius with the trade and his first two picks.

Bad choice. Mosely would have been MUCH better.

Warfish

Your draft knowlegde is very questionable if you thin Pouha is a reach

Stay with the draft commentary :roll:

Don't get me wrong...I think Hawthorne and mosely would have been fine picks....pouha on the other hand is a stud in the 3rd

Hip, hip hooooray 8)

I like the pick, Ham loves the pick... JonE loves the pick... this was a great pick. And he fills what we need: a run stopping, hole clogging DT.

Great Pick!! Henderson will make him our Ted

Washington!! Plus he'll go to Church with Hermie! :wink:

Gotta figure Pouha bear that is 26, married, a dad and back from a church mission. He must be pretty mature. This guy will be looking to start his career on Day 1 and work.Downside-will never be featured on "MTV Cribs" or "Cops". No "Scarface" posters for this guy.

Warfish

Your draft knowlegde is very questionable if you thin Pouha is a reach

Stay with the draft commentary :roll:

Don't get me wrong...I think Hawthorne and mosely would have been fine picks....pouha on the other hand is a stud in the 3rd

Hip, hip hooooray 8)

This coming from a guy SURE Mike Williams was getting traded. And from aguy who wanted to trade FOR Mike Williams with seven #1's, six #2's and our starting D-Line. Riiiiiight...... :roll:

No, I admit, I prefered Mosely (or Hawthorne). But Ham showed me the light to a degree, so no worries. As I said in another thread, I've been wrong all day today, so it's no suprise I'm wrong on Pouha too.

And as I said there, at least he is a BIG DT, so no more bitching (from me) about Who Me LaGree, who will likely be banished from anywhere near the starting lineup with Reed and Evans and Pouha on the roster.

No, I admit it JonE, my Draft knowledge starts to die at about round 3 or 4. I don't follow the college game close enough to know many of these guys.

Archived