The 1st Annual JetsNation.com Official Draft Day Thread.....

JonEJet

The Jets drafted another saftey, and his name wasn't Ernest Shazor... what the bloody hell? The kid was all the rage last month. What in the hell happened?

Teams must have found out he was hanging around with Justin Miller. :shock:

BTW, Maddox was a very nice selection.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lions have two 6th round selections... looks like Shazor will be a Lion :lol:

Man, he musta p!ssed in someone's Wheaties this weekend...

I think, with coleman already in place, they're going to start a SS rotation, getting rid of Tounge and McGraw. They've got Rashad Washington too, right? And that Weaver kid too?

Ryan Claridge

Finally. For the first time this draft the Pats took I guy I liked, wanted, and think represents great value.

Great character, huge guy (259 lbs), played ILB in UNLV's 3-4. Productive in college. I love the pick. Finally.

I guess someone on kffl.com must like him.

Hey what happened to your post on that raiders message board congratulating them for taking the jets lunch money? or maybe your fat girlfriend wrote that.

Lions have two 6th round selections... looks like Shazor will be a Lion :lol:

Man, he musta p!ssed in someone's Wheaties this weekend...

I think, with coleman already in place, they're going to start a SS rotation, getting rid of Tounge and McGraw. They've got Rashad Washington too, right? And that Weaver kid too?

Nah, Weaver was cut last year. And I doubt we cut McGraw. His value as a cover man against TE's alone is worth keeping him. Tongue? Definitely. Get rid of him.

I actually like Maddux more than I like Rhodes.

Just don't like the idea of drafting safeties back to back whenever we need o-line help desperately.

In trying to rationalize this the offensive line positions are one of the weakest on the whole for this draft while secondary is the deepest probably -so go with value

Patriots package their #195 and #246 for the #175 pick, then trade that to the Raiders for an '06 5th and #230.

In other words we traded our 6th for a future 5th and upgraded our 7th substantially as a small bonus. Better value than the last trade-out we did.

All in all though, not a bad day 2 at all so far. Nothing I'm going to brag about too much, but for the draft as a whole the Patriots have added 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks for next year.

5 rookies, 3 stockpiled picks for next year. When your team has as few free roster spots as the Pats, and as many sophmores who barely played in '04 due to injury (Watson, Scott, Sam) and are in a way like fresh picks themselves.... that's solid.

I was thinkin he kinda had his "O" moment. But whatever... He got the RB he wanted. And, I guess he's good. Comes from Tennessee... they have an alright program, eh? :wink:

Dude, Houston is our future starter at RB, and we got him round SIX. Can you say HEIST???

I think this is great pick by Bradway especially in round 6 Houston had some injury problems but the kid I saw play many times at Tennessee - he is a good one to bring along to replace Martin eventually.

Since when does Merril Hoge have a farging clue what he's talking about?

Since he bashes the Jets? :roll:

Dude if I wasn't here to temper the enthusiasm, ya'll would be doing the backstroke in eachothers spunk.

You've gotta love Mort. Why? Simple. His biggest day two gem comes from where? Yup, you guessed it. Arkansas. Then he laughed uncomfortably, while Mel, Golic, and Suzy all looked at him with disgust. Freakin brilliant.

And the Lions took Bill Swancutt, DE from Oregon State. Wasn't he taken in the third in the JN mock?

You've gotta love Mort. Why? Simple. His biggest day two gem comes from where? Yup, you guessed it. Arkansas. Then he laughed uncomfortably, while Mel, Golic, and Suzy all looked at him with disgust. Freakin brilliant.

And the Lions took Bill Swancutt, DE from Oregon State. Wasn't he taken in the third in the JN mock?

Swancutt had a monster all star game-Lions did real good to get him in the 6th round

*Note to Jetsfan80: D-Rob is about to swallow Houston whole in that pic.*

Troll, nice work, I didnt even notice D-Ron in the pic. Hell, at first glance, it looked like it was Northwestern they were playing, until I remembered they're not in the SEC. I guess they'll have some fun against each other in camp this summer.

Troll, nice work, I didnt even notice D-Ron in the pic. Hell, at first glance, it looked like it was Northwestern they were playing, until I remembered they're not in the SEC. I guess they'll have some fun against each other in camp this summer.

Good catch Troll I just also want to point out that it is taking 4 defenders to try to bring Houston down

Good catch Troll I just also want to point out that it is taking 4 defenders to try to bring Houston down

Guess that means the boy is though, eh? Strong, keeps moving his legs? Sounds like a sound back.

Swancutt had a monster all star game-Lions did real good to get him in the 6th round

You wouldn't know it, looking at some Lions boards. They are just not happy with this draft. They, obviously, had different expectations. I think the Lions have had one hell of a draft.

The Jets just took Joel Dreessen, TE from Colorado State.

Joel Dreessen

Position: Tight End/H-Back/Deep Snapper

College: Colorado State

Height: 6-4

Weight: 260

Hometown: Fort Morgan, Colo.

OVERVIEW

Dreessen is an emerging talent who played in a variety of roles for the Rams. On any given play, he could line up in the backfield as a fullback, along the line as a classic tight end or in motion as an H-back. In addition to his ability to play these positions, he is also a very capable snapper for punts and placements. His performance on the field rivals that in the classroom, as he garnered academic honors with a 3.32 grade point average. He is not the first from his family to play college football as his older brother, Jason, played at the University of Wyoming and is now an assistant strength and conditioning coach at Colorado State.

One of the state's top prep performers as a senior at Fort Morgan High School, Dreessen earned four varsity letters each in football and track. He competed as a tight end and defensive end for the Mustangs football team and led the team to the Class 4A state title. Dreessen earned first-team all-conference honors as a junior and senior. He was named all-state as a senior and also to the All-Colorado team. Dreessen also earned academic all-state honors as a junior and senior. In track, he ran the 110-meter high hurdles.

Dreessen started every game he played in at CSU. He was an Academic All-Mountain West Conference selection as a freshman, catching 22 passes for 205 yards (9.3 avg.) and two touchdowns while also recording three solo tackles. He handled punt and placement long-snapping duties as a freshman and sophomore without ever having a botched snap. Dreessen again garnered conference academic honors as a sophomore. He tallied 340 yards with two touchdowns on 29 catches (11.7 avg.) and posted a pair of tackles in 2002.

He was having a banner junior campaign until being sidelined for four games with a lower abdominal strain. Still, in only nine contests, Dreessen snared 29 passes for 323 yards (11.1 avg.) and three touchdowns, adding an assisted tackle. The 2004 season was a stellar year for Dreessen, but a poor one for the team. The Rams did not make a bowl appearance for the first time since 1998. However, Dreessen walked away with third-team All-America honors from The NFL Draft Report and first-team All-MCW accolades. He hauled in 43 passes for 427 yards (9.9 avg.) and three touchdowns. On special teams, he was credited with six tackles.

In 45 games with the Rams, Dreessen caught 123 passes for 1,295 yards (10.5 avg.) and 10 touchdowns. His 123 receptions rank eighth on the school's career-record list and his 10 scoring grabs are tied for ninth. He also recorded 12 tackles (nine solo).

ANALYSIS

Positives: Has an evenly proportioned frame with big thighs, good calves and bubble, long arms, good upper-body muscle tone, thick chest and a frame that can carry additional weight

Archived