should they start to do the heisman AFTER the bowl games are played?

Blackout

What they really need is a playoff system. Take the top 8 and have those be the seeds. The final week of the regular season will have bowl games as usual, but save 3 bowl games for later. The final week would have 4 playoff game bowl games. The next week should be a bye week, since it'd be longer than the players are used to, and to give coaches time to game plan. Next for the 4 remaining teams, you have 2 remaining bowl games, both on Saturday of course. Now give another bye week, and the final 2 play in the final Bowl game, and you just give an award based on the playoffs for this. I don't know why they refuse to institute a simple system like this.

Not at all. There are great players in 1-AA who get no respect.

Ricky Santos.

David Ball.

I am curious if Ball gets drafted. Probably will get pick late.

Hey Gainzo remember I-AA is now NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision. Ridiculous.

Ricky Santos.

David Ball.

I am curious if Ball gets drafted. Probably will get pick late.

Hey Gainzo remember I-AA is now NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision. Ridiculous.

So that makes the main D-I schools the

NCAA Division I - Fixed by Polls Subdivision?

Here is CNNSI's ranking of the past 20 Heisman Trophy Winners:

1. Barry Sanders

2. Ricky Williams

3. Ty Detmer

4. Charles Woodson

5. Reggie Bush

6. Desmond Howard

7. Eddie George

8. Danny Wuerffel

9. Rashaan Salaam

10. Tim Brown

11. Charlie Ward

12. Matt Leinart

13. Carson Palmer

14. Vinny Testaverde

15. Andre Ware

16. Ron Dayne

17. Jason White

18. Chris Weinke

19. Eric Crouch

20. Gino Torretta

Not too many gems in that bunch. It almost seems like a curse to win the trophy.

Weinke starting for the Panthers today- hopefully he can have one decent game to beat the Giants.

Why -it should be based on the season the players had-bowl games should not make a difference. Heisman means nothing as the above list testifys to the pro's.

ie: vince young beating matt leinart and reggie bush last year

Thats one game.....The Heisman should based on the body of work they have done during the "regular season"....if you include the bowl agmes that almost ensures the candidate that plays in the Championship the trophy if he's in that bowl game and it wouldnt be based on the whole season. You know fans will be bias to the one that won the big game....Therefore my position is keep it as is...:yahoo:

Archived