AFC-E 2007s NFL Power Division

SouthernJet

This will be the dominant division next year.

Jets will win a close 4 team race.

Dolphs and Bills on upswing as we are. The Pats are on a downturn but will still be somewhat competitve.

2007 Final AFCE Standings

Pats 13-3 (Playoff bye)

Bills 10-6 (Wild Card)

Phins 9-7 (after an 0-6 start)

Jets 5-11 (Clemens 1st year as QB)

TX-What is Losman's lifetime record vs top ranked defenses? When has he come up big in a big game?

Seeing that he has only started 26 NFL games, isn't it a little early to use that stat?

The more important question is: Is Losman a better NFL QB than he was last year at this time?

Without a doubt.

Why is that so funny?

Do you really think a 1st year QB is capable of leading the Jets to the playoffs?

Now, that is laughable.

Good point. Not luck Big Ben and Brady did anything in their first year playing. (No I am not comparing Clemens to them). Just pointing out the silliness of your post.

Buffalo at 10-6? Not out of the question. Their defense is young and will improve and if they can find a #2 receiver to complement Lee Evans they very well could be a 10-6 team if Losman plays like he has in the past 6 or 7 games or so.

Buffalo at 10-6? Not out of the question. Their defense is young and will improve and if they can find a #2 receiver to complement Lee Evans they very well could be a 10-6 team if Losman plays like he has in the past 6 or 7 games or so.

Thank you for being an astute football fan, and not just another Jets homer drinking the kool aide and wearing the green-colored glasses.

Seeing that he has only started 26 NFL games, isn't it a little early to use that stat?

The more important question is: Is Losman a better NFL QB than he was last year at this time?

Without a doubt.

So we are to believe you didn't start endlessly posting Penningtons record against good defenses until after career start 26?

Sure Tx.

So we are to believe you didn't start endlessly posting Penningtons record against good defenses until after career start 26?

Sure Tx.

PFSIKH came up with that stat late last year.

PennyBoy had over 40 starts under his belt at the time, not just 26.

See the difference there Shelter?

Thank you for being an astute football fan, and not just another Jets homer drinking the kool aide and wearing the green-colored glasses.

If you think the Pats will win AFC-E in 2007 its you who are drinking the Shenocca Brew and wearing the Blue colored glasses.

Its 50/50 Belly even returns to boot.

If you think the Pats will win AFC-E in 2007 its you who are drinking the Shenocca Brew and wearing the Blue colored glasses.

SJ, just like they did this year, the Pats will once again be able to sleep-walk to their 5th consectutive AFCE title in 2007. ;)

Why is that so funny?

Do you really think a 1st year QB is capable of leading the Jets to the playoffs?

Now, that is laughable.

why not big ben did back 04 and he only lost the afc championship game cuz he choked and threw like 3 ints.. but it is more than possilbe for a 1st year QB to go to the post season.. gotta remember this is a TEAM sport!!!!

their defense is young...BUT...takeo spikes may be done, he has already lost a few steps and he has another injury in the same leg, not good. angelo crowell, another starting linebacker also hurt his leg and is on ir for the rest of the year, who knows how he will come back. on top of that, many in buffalo are already stating that london fletcher will be cut in the offseason. that means none of their 3 linebacker spots are settled. on top of that, clements is most likely gone. Those 4 players are more than 1/3 of their starting defense and they don't really have any youngsters waiting in the wings to step in for any of them. and someone has the audacity to say that they will improve? on top of all that they have a few players at dt, no one really stands out at the position and even buffalo fans are asking to draft another one this year in the first round.

Good point. Not luck Big Ben and Brady did anything in their first year playing. (No I am not comparing Clemens to them). Just pointing out the silliness of your post.

What about Romo or Rivers? Can we compare Clemens to them? I thought the point of sitting on the bench for the year is that when you come in your second year you hit the ground running.

Tex, you have forgotten that the Pats have been tick, tick, ticked in 2007.

Seriously.

It will happen.

Do you realize the Pats have not lost more than 2 AFCE games in each of the last 6 seasons?

2001: 6-2*

2002: 4-2**

2003: 5-1*

2004: 5-1*

2005: 5-1*

2006: 4-2

I see at least 4 or 5 division wins next season.

*Won AFCE

**Finished in 3-Way tie. Jets win tiebreaker over Miami & the Pats.

Do you realize the Pats have not lost more than 2 AFCE games in each of the last 6 seasons?

2001: 4-2*

*Won AFCE

again, the tick is NEVER wrong

2007 will be a bad year for Pats,,

you have been ticked

2001: 4-2*

*Won AFCE

I'm not seeing it.

The Jets & Pats will once again split next season IMO and Miami probably will split with New England as well and Buffalo is getting stronger, they almost beat you earlier this season and they very well may be able to do so once next season.

The division winner next season will be 10-6, 11-5 at best with the schedules that are going to be handed out to all 4 teams.

I'm not seeing it.

The Jets & Pats will once again split next season IMO and Miami probably will split with New England as well and Buffalo is getting stronger, they almost beat you earlier this season and they very well may be able to do so once next season.

The division winner next season will be 10-6, 11-5 at best with the schedules that are going to be handed out to all 4 teams.

The point I'm trying to make is that you have to win at least 4 AFCE games in order to have a chance of winning the Division.

In 2002 the Jets went 4-2 in the AFCE and won the Division. Here is their AFCE record since then:

2003: 1-5

2004: 3-3

2005: 2-4

2006: 3-2 with one game to play

I'm not seeing it.

Going into every season, all I want the Pats to do, at a bare minimum, is get 10 wins and go 4-2 in the AFCE.

That formula will get you into the playoffs 95% of the time.

Tex is old school. It is Pat Patriot Red colored glasses.

The Patriots will win the division next year. Wit6h a tougher schedule, the Patriots are the best equipped (i.e. QB) to handle a tougher schedule.

why not big ben did back 04 and he only lost the afc championship game cuz he choked and threw like 3 ints.. but it is more than possilbe for a 1st year QB to go to the post season.. gotta remember this is a TEAM sport!!!!

Unless, the Jets all of a sudden crap out a #1 defense and 9 Pro Bowlers, Clemens will not be duplicating Big Ben's 2004 season.

The Patriots will win the division next year. Wit6h a tougher schedule, the Patriots are the best equipped (i.e. QB) to handle a tougher schedule.

What's the Pats record against winning teams the last two seasons ...6-10? Just saying you may still be better than us right now, but "equipped" to handle a tough schedule.....not so much.

What's the Pats record against winning teams the last two seasons ...6-10? Just saying you may still be better than us right now, but "equipped" to handle a tough schedule.....not so much.

GS - Why wouldn't we be favored? This is still a young team. Compared to the other three teams in the AFC East we have the least holes to fill and we have a boat load of draft picks to include two firsts.

The bottomline is with talent in the league being relatively close from #1 to #32. The Patriots have a Top 2 QB. No other team has a Top 10 QB. Until that factor changes, the Patriots are favorites even if they have struggled. It is not like the other three are all losing to only bad teams.

GS - Why wouldn't we be favored? This is still a young team. Compared to the other three teams in the AFC East we have the least holes to fill and we have a boat load of draft picks to include two firsts.

The bottomline is with talent in the league being relatively close from #1 to #32. The Patriots have a Top 2 QB. No other team has a Top 10 QB. Until that factor changes, the Patriots are favorites even if they have struggled. It is not like the other three are all losing to only bad teams.

Agree you would be favored in a rebuilding AFCE for now.

Like I said though, saying you are "equipped' to handle tough teams has not been proven true the past two seasons. NE's record in those situations has been below mediocre.

Congrats on 01 through 04 and if you feel that justifies your chest thumping here two years after the fact , fine. Like the Yankees in baseball though, come post season the PATS are just another team.

BB will need a much better off season than he has had the past two years to change that. Brady without Branch and now Bridget can't carry NE.

Agree you would be favored in a rebuilding AFCE for now.

Like I said though, saying you are "equipped' to handle tough teams has not been proven true the past two seasons. NE's record in those situations has been below mediocre.

Congrats on 01 through 04 and if you feel that justifies your chest thumping here two years after the fact , fine. Like the Yankees in baseball though, come post season the PATS are just another team.

BB will need a much better off season than he has had the past two years to change that. Brady without Branch and now Bridget can't carry NE.

GS - I have been saying for the better part of the past year that the Patriots are in transition much like the 49ers were in the 80s. The 49ers won two titles in four years and then went three years before winning back-to-back titles. Between 1985 and 1987, the 49ers were contenders every year, but were bounced from the playoffs. Only once during that time were they considered the best team. Some players were the same, Montana and a few others, but there were also alot of other new players.

I think the Patriots are in the rebuild mode. Like the 49ers, they have a great QB and Coach in place that will still be there when they start ascending the AFC heirarchy again. So their floor will not be as low as the Jets was last year. Plus, with alot of talent still in place, especially the young talent, they will be a good team with potential for a great season.

Now, what you said previously, the Patriots struggles against good teams, is a very real concern. However, this is not like they are getting completely outclassed by the better teams like the AFC was in the Superbowl in the 80/90s. The Patriots are going toe to toe, but the other team is making more plays. Maybe when the Patriots have more play makers that balance will shift and they will start winning more of those battles.

I agree Belichick needs to do a little better. He flatly dropped the ball with Branch. It does not look like he thought it would get there. Too late now. IMHO until one of the other teams can close the gap in the QB department, the Patriots will have the upper hand.

Archived