Mangini - NFL Coach of the Year?

Smizzy

If the Jets go 10-6. It would be highway robbery not to atleast try and split it.

I would think if the Jets win out and make the playoffs,Mangini would almost have to win it. I mean,yes Sean Payton has done a great job with the Saints this season,but he's got the (arguably) Most Valuable Player in the league as his starting QB,while Mangini has Dr. Duckyll and Mr. Pennington as his QB.

i agree entirely, i think if the Jets win one of the next 2 games and even finish 9-7 the penguin deserves this one. However, i hate to say it but i just dont see it happening, because Sean Payton has done a great job and no one wants to ruin that parade, and i dont really blame them. Mangini has done the better coaching job, but Payton has done more in terms of takin a team in the dumps and changing an entire attitude, and i think he ends up edging it out.

If we don't make the playoffs, then no. The only way that I see Mangini winning is if we go deeper in the playoffs than NO does.

Isn't coach of the year decided BEFORE the playoffs start?

Either way, Payton will probably receive the award, even if they lose their final 2 games. New Orleans post-Katrina has been a media darling (despite the fact that the players make millions and probably not affected greatly by the disaster), and he'll probably take home the award.

Oh well, that's almost preferred. The last thing I want is for Mangini and the Jets to get attention. Flying under the radar has been great this season, especially after a year in which nothing but bad press came their way last season because of Herm.

Archived