The game I can't get out of my head

AFJF

In the 1994 finale the Jets needed a win to get in the playoffs and they were playing a 1-13 Oilers team that had their bags packed after week 5 and were playing for nothing. What'd the Jets do? The came out and got their asses handed to them. I know it's a different team. Different coach. It's more than ten years later. That doesn't help me relax at all. I can't get that game, the meaning of the game to both teams, and the result out of my head.

In the 1994 finale the Jets needed a win to get in the playoffs and they were playing a 1-13 Oilers team that had their bags packed after week 5 and were playing for nothing. What'd the Jets do? The came out and got their asses handed to them. I know it's a different team. Different coach. It's ten years later. That doesn't help me relax at all. I can't get that game, the meaning of the game to both teams, and the result out of my head.

Dude..lets be positive..do you remember the Jets clinching a playoff birth on a Sunday night in Miami in 1998..thats the game I'm thinking about for Christmas night..all of this negative MOJO is giving me the hee bee gee bees..

Dude..lets be positive..do you remember the Jets clinching a playoff birth on a Sunday night in Miami in 1998..thats the game I'm thinking about for Christmas night..all of this negative MOJO is giving me the hee bee gee bees..

I'm not saying it's the game I want to sit around and think about, it's the one that keeps coming to mind when I think about Monday night. I think the key to this game has become D' Brick vs. Jason Taylor. JMO

I'm not saying it's the game I want to sit around and think about, it's the one that keeps coming to mind when I think about Monday night. I think the key to this game has become D' Brick vs. Jason Taylor. JMO

Without a doubt..thats the key match up(Dbrick is gonna need help)..we have an extra day to prepare..so lets hope that Mangini and B Schot do their homework.

The major differences are the Jets had lost 2 in a row and 3 of 4 and their 2 wins in the previous 5 games were 6-0 over 4-12 NE and 3-0 over 4-12 Washington. This team is playing alot better and Houston did have a 10 game win streak at the time unlike Miami coming off a shutout loss AND that was the last game of the season where we NEEDED things to happen that day, if everything goes against us this week we are still in it and have a shot.

It was the '93 finale but it was played in Jan '94.

Always look at the positive....

Forget about Houston 93.

Think more about going into Miami in 98 and clinching a playoff spot.

Think more about the Jets going into Oakland in 01 and clinching a playoff spot. A place where the Jets hadn't won since the 60's.

Heck go back to Miami in 91 with Raul Allegre kicking the Jets into the playoffs and Miami out of the playoffs.

88 and taking the Giants out of the playoffs.

There is plenty good to think about going into Monday Night.

actually 124 the Jets had a decent lead I think it was like 14-3 and then Vinny threw a bad pick for a td right before halftime. That day the Jets over 500 yards of offense

And didn't we go onto lose 38-24? Something like that? Yeah, we **** the bed.

actually 124 the Jets had a decent lead I think it was like 14-3 and then Vinny threw a bad pick for a td right before halftime. That day the Jets over 500 yards of offense

Bal--C.McAlister 98 interception return (Ja.Lewis run), 14:53.

Merry ****ing Christmas to you, too.

:rl:

It was 14-0 and we had the ball at midfield then we fumbled it to bal and they cut it to 14-7 and right before the half Vinny threw a 98 yd INT return for a TD plus we gave up 2 PR TDs. We outgained them about 550 to 125 and we still lost b/c of the TOs and STs blunders.

What was the kickers name that year? He was good friends with Dennis Bryd and later had a good career kicking for the Colts I believe.

Didn't he miss a big fg in that game?

cary Blanchard, he wound up missing 3 FGs in a 2 pt loss at Buf the week before then went on to be a good K w/ the Giants and Colts.

Archived