Colts or pats?

Columbia Jet Fan

Chad has been AWESOME in domes, and the defense has finally grasped the 3-4, something Manning has rarely beaten. Plus, in the playoffs, who would you rather play against? Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? C'mon now, that's an easy decision. Go with the choker that's never won a championship in his life.

Plus i remember whe the Pats used to OWN the colts in the playoffs....Mangini knows how to beat those guys.

I just think its a boost of confidence to play a team you have already beaten, in ****ty conditions in their house. Plus not having dyson is going to hurt us in indy.

I hear Harrison is out, I think that helps us more than Dyson being out.

Oops, apparently not that Harrison, but Rodney, the Pats Safety. I don't know which team I want to play now, I think we beat either. Let someone else knock off the Colts tho, we'll take the Pats?

I hear Harrison is out, I think that helps us more than Dyson being out.

Oops, apparently not that Harrison, but Rodney, the Pats Safety. I don't know which team I want to play now, I think we beat either. Let someone else knock off the Colts tho, we'll take the Pats?

New Englands injury helps us.

While if we play indy are injury kills us.

Chad looked really sharp against that oakland pass D today. I think Pennington in a Dome gives the offense a huge boost. I know we can move the ball against the Colts D, and am less certain of that against the Pats. Also, I think BB, and the Pats are going to have a huge chip on their shoulder over the last time we went to Foxborough. The Pats are also a hot team, winning their last 6 games. The Colts are struggling, and couldnt even beat the lowely Texans. Ill take my chances against Indy

Also, I think BB, and the Pats are going to have a huge chip on their shoulder over the last time we went to Foxborough. The Pats are also a hot team, winning their last 6 games.

I am sure Mangini forgets the brushoffs. Like he did in the first rematch.

The Pats have won six of seven we have won seven of eight. I would rather play Indy, but going to NE isn't the same as it used to be

Chad looked really sharp against that oakland pass D today. I think Pennington in a Dome gives the offense a huge boost. I know we can move the ball against the Colts D, and am less certain of that against the Pats. Also, I think BB, and the Pats are going to have a huge chip on their shoulder over the last time we went to Foxborough. The Pats are also a hot team, winning their last 6 games. The Colts are struggling, and couldnt even beat the lowely Texans. Ill take my chances against Indy

I agree, I think we stand a much better chance against the Colts. It would be sweet to knock the Pats out of the playoffs, I just see too many bad scenarios coming out of Foxborough. I think both teams can be dangerous, I just think the Pats would be a little more dangerous and there is no denying Penny's success under the bubble.

I am sure Mangini forgets the brushoffs. Like he did in the first rematch.

The Pats have won six of seven we have won seven of eight. I would rather play Indy, but going to NE isn't the same as it used to be

I think we have a chance against both teams, but Ill take the one who couldnt get by the lowely Texans while still having something to play for

Indy in a dome will be incredibly loud and will also be tough to play.

New England is a tough place to play. Winning there twice in the same year might be impossible. Ideally, beat Indy and let NE play Baltimore. I know SD is great but we have no choice. These guys have won some games out there in the past few years, it is a first year QB. playing-time-wise, and there is always the Marty ****tin-heimer factor.

I BELIEVE that if Indy loses this afternoon we get NE and not indy am I correct?

Any preference? Personally I want the Pats, we already beat them in NE and I fear what Peyton and boys can do to our D, esp. w/o Dyson. That being said I think they are both winnable games.

Both are favorable match-ups. Colts have no D and Mangini knows how to scheme against his old team. I'd rather see the Colts though.

Exactly. Sure Chad is good in a dome, but know who else is too? Manning. I'll take NE.

i agree. i think we can handle the Pats offense. but the colts defense sucks so we could take um easily if we could stop manning. But i think we can contain brady and i dont think they defense cant stop Pennington. But we will have to wait till after the game to find out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/series?series=nyjnwe

ESPN'S TAKE

theismann_joe_m.jpg

The major storyline is Eric Mangini getting another chance to teach his former boss, Bill Belichick, a lesson on the field. Mangini has done a tremendous job molding the Jets after the Patriots in terms of how they prepare and the passion with which they play. The Jets are going to try to put as many men in the box as possible to take away Laurence Maroney and Corey Dillon. They realize the Patriots are weak at receiver and are more than willing to challenge Tom Brady. The Patriots' defense is going to play a major role in the outcome. It has to take away the middle of the field and force Chad Pennington to make deep throws, which he's uncomfortable making. The Patriots can't allow him to get comfortable and into a rhythm. This is going to be a very physical game that will be decided in the final five minutes.

-- Joe Theismann

Key matchup: Jets coach Eric Mangini vs. Patriots coach Bill Belichick

This is a great matchup between two teams and coaches that know each other very well. They are both in the AFC East and split their regular-season meetings with the Patriots winning in New York and the Jets winning in Foxborough. The thing that really makes this game interesting is the matchup of the teacher (Bill Belichick) and the pupil (Eric Mangini). There is no love lost here either. Belichick was not happy Mangini took the Jets job and in both postgame handshakes this season, Belichick kind of brushed past Mangini as they headed to their respective locker rooms.

There will need to be adjustments on both sides of the ball for each team. Mangini knows that the best way to attack the Patriots defense is with very good offensive balance. He is going to want QB Chad Pennington to manage the game, not take too many chances and try to keep the ball out of Tom Brady's hands. Mangini also knows he will need to get an outstanding performance from rookie offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Ferguson has done a solid job vs. Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour this season and he will need to continue that trend Sunday. On the flip side, there is no better coach in the NFL than Bill Belichick. Belichick is the best in-game coach in the NFL and he knows Mangini's tendencies better then anyone.

Even though the Jets have had some success against the Patriots, Belichick will give New England an advantage over a younger Jets team playing on the road.

Edge: New England Head Coach Bill Belichick

Are The Pats are going to take away Coles and Cotchery?

Are The Pats gameplan to take away Jets Playmakers Coles and Cotchery? So therefore Jets runningback consists of Leon Washington and Cedric Houston needs to step-up and have big game.. Watch out for Pats Defensive Line of Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork matchup against Jets Running backs..

Archived