Lions | Matt Millen Is Coming Back For Year 7

The Gun Of Bavaria

I can't understand why losing is so prevalent in the Lions organization. :)

Lions' Millen: I'll never quit

ALLEN PARK -- Matt Millen will be back for his seventh season as president of the Detroit Lions, and despite criticism of his tenure and a 24-72 won-loss record in the first six seasons, quitting is not an option that he has considered.

"I'll never quit," Millen said Tuesday afternoon in an interview with a small group of reporters. "I can't do that. I don't even consider that."It's the way I'm made."

Owner William Clay Ford never said his job was on the line, Millen said. Ford and Millen share the frustration over the team's continual losing. The Lions were 3-13 in 2006 and finished last in the NFC North.

Asked why he wouldn't quit, Millen replied: "You're given a job, regardless of what it is. You keep on working and trying to get the thing done."

He hasn't reacted to public criticism, and agrees with people who say that everyone should be rated based on their won-loss record.

"I can't say anything to change anybody's opinion," Millen said. "It's a show-men game. What can I say? The only thing we can do is go out and win. Until we do that, they can take their shots. I have nothing to say to them.

"It's all winning. I think there's only one winner a year (the Super Bowl winner). that's what I believe. I've always believed that. There's one winner and everybody else fails. The rest of it is just draft status. One thing matters."

Amazing. How the **** can they stick with Millen through all of this? Does Ford not care about the team and the fans? Obviously not. This is going to take Lions fans to the brink of not showing up to games and dropping their season tickets for Ford to fire Millen.

"It's all winning. I think there's only one winner a year (the Super Bowl winner). that's what I believe. I've always believed that. There's one winner and everybody else fails. The rest of it is just draft status. One thing matters."

Well, by his criteria he's the third most successful franchise this year, though I'd question why they won Sunday.

Amazing. How the **** can they stick with Millen through all of this? Does Ford not care about the team and the fans? Obviously not. This is going to take Lions fans to the brink of not showing up to games and dropping their season tickets for Ford to fire Millen.

No Ford could care less about the fans, because just like they have for years, as pissed as they are Lions fans will still buy season tickets and pack ford field every week.

Archived