Jets Offense

10-18 142 yds passing

19 rushing 7 carries 2.7 avg.

Pats offense

14-22 122 yds passing

101 yds rushing 24 carries 4.8 avg

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/teamstats/NFL_20070107_NYJ@NE -team stats

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20070107_NYJ@NE

We are in a good position and need to step it up. We have got to play better if we want to win

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was ****ing awful, they have what 2 or 3 receiving options in that formation- and we let the best option get open

Graham is a better option than Watson? Brady looked at Watson first, but he was smothered, Graham was his 2nd option and he found him. I dont know why Kassell is in there though, he kinda sucks.

17-10, we get the ball to start the half. Chad has played good today, but he needs to raise his play even higher (either him or the running attack, which I just cant count on so I am discarding it). It all falls on Chad and the WRs, there is no running game to speak of.

I have a feeling our defense will force another turnover, but also give up acouple scores. Our offense has to step it up. (and wow, did Vilma totaly whiff on that sack ugh)

Halftime... down by 7....

Jets Offense

10-18 142 yds passing

19 rushing 7 carries 2.7 avg.

Pats offense

14-22 122 yds passing

101 yds rushing 24 carries 4.8 avg

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/teamstats/NFL_20070107_NYJ@NE

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20070107_NYJ@NE

We are in a good position and need to step it up. We have got to play better if we want to win

The rushing stats concern me. Eventually our inability to stop the run or run the ball effectively was going to hurt us. Still, we're only down one score. It's a very winnable game.

Graham is a better option than Watson? Brady looked at Watson first, but he was smothered, Graham was his 2nd option and he found him. I dont know why Kassell is in there though, he kinda sucks.

17-10, we get the ball to start the half. Chad has played good today, but he needs to raise his play even higher (either him or the running attack, which I just cant count on so I am discarding it). It all falls on Chad and the WRs, there is no running game to speak of.

I have a feeling our defense will force another turnover, but also give up acouple scores. Our offense has to step it up. (and wow, did Vilma totaly whiff on that sack ugh)

Yeah Chad needs to keep it up, the OC needs to get some better plays in there, obviously the screen isnt working.

It would be nice if we could run, maybe give Houston a shot or two...

How about that nice deep ball to J-Mac? only inches away from being in bounds...

Vilma is a moron for trying to make the big strip instead of just grabbing Brady... almost as crazy as Kerry Rhodes diving for that INT with no support behind him...

Vilma killed us there.

Halftime thoughts

1) New England is dominating the LOS

2) New England really prepared for this. Seems at time they know what the Jets are doing

3) Rhodes drop on the pick and Vilma missing on the swipe at Brady were Big.(Vilma should have wasted him)

4) Chad is throwing the ball well.

Gonna be very tough in 2nd half. Jets need to score on the opening drive of the third or this game is going to be out of control.

Yeah Chad needs to keep it up, the OC needs to get some better plays in there, obviously the screen isnt working.

It would be nice if we could run, maybe give Houston a shot or two...

How about that nice deep ball to J-Mac? only inches away from being in bounds...

Vilma is a moron for trying to make the big strip instead of just grabbing Brady... almost as crazy as Kerry Rhodes diving for that INT with no support behind him...

Vilma was stupid for doing that, you are supposed to get on the QB and then go for the strip simultaneously, oh well 5 sec rule! I thought Kerry played that perfect though, he waited just enough to be safe and be able to make a play, maybe if he had completely sold out he would have gotten a pick 6, but brady is so smart, I'd have to see the pass rush but I think he did have time in the pocket.

Jmac should have came down with 2 feet on that IMO.

Yeah, if you get any shots at putting Brady on the ground, you have to take them. It was from his blind side too, he might have gotten the ball with the hit, he didn't have to go for it with his hands. And its not totally Leon's fault, the blocks just aren't there either yet.

Halftime thoughts

2) New England really prepared for this. Seems at time they know what the Jets are doing

3) Rhodes drop on the pick and Vilma missing on the swipe at Brady were Big.(Vilma should have wasted him)

Gonna be very tough in 2nd half. Jets need to score on the opening drive of the third or this game is going to be out of control.

I think we have to have a nice sustained drive or a quick TD score to open the second half (I'm talking to you Justin Miller) to get the momentum back in our favor. If we do not score though, I don't think it would get out of control.

Vilma killed us there.

Rhodes would have too on that one play if he didnt hit the ball there was no support behind the receiver...

It seems like whether they were told to or not, our guys arent just trying to make normal plays, they are going for it all.... thats one of the things that happens with a team like ours this year... whether they admit it or not, the Pats are looking at this as a step to the SB, while our guys are looking at it as a CHANCE to get a step closer to the SB...

Halftime thoughts

1) Agree

2) Agree

3) The fact that Rhodes came anywhere near intercepting that sideline slant was impressive in of itself. Very athletic play and I can't kill him for dropping a pass that was in a tough spot to get.

4) Chad is bringing his A game today. Too bad we can't run the ball to take some of the pressure off him.

Jmac should have came down with 2 feet on that IMO.

He did and it actually looked reviewable... it was really freakin close... they didnt have a "down the sideline" shot so we dont knwo for sure but it looked like at THE MOST his foot was only an inch out of bounds...

Archived