My position on Chad Pennington

ECURB

Obviously some people are mis-reading me as just a flat out "Chad Lover"

Listen I love the JETS, and I want the bets player out on the field. Chad is our guy, there is no upgrade out there. So I support our team leader and the face of this franchise, and that makes me crazy?

Whats crazy is the thought of bneching a QB who just won 10 games and got into the playoffs after not playing football for almost an entire year.

Find me a QB that we can plug into this system and do better than Chad, please by all means and then we can talk about me changing my mind.

I am on the same page as Our Coaches, our FO and most JETS fans (yes most do support Chad... walk around the lot and see all the #10's on a game day) you are the miority if you dont want him here.

I wont defend him till death, if he is not the best QB on our roster I will vote for the new guy to start. Untill then, its #10 all the way.

This is garbage.

You have 2,000 posts and I gaurantee at LEAST 1,500 of them mention Chad Pennington.

Considering he is the most wining JETS Qb of all time and the face of this franchise, does that suprise you?

If you would like I could chat it up about Ben Grahm...

This is garbage.

You have 2,000 posts and I gaurantee at LEAST 1,500 of them mention Chad Pennington.

Yeah and they probably all also include key phrases like the following:

"not Chad's fault"

"needs a RB"

"Needs big wr"

"needs better blocking"

"needs TE to throw to over middle"

"blame the D not chad"

Yeah and they probably all also include key phrases like the following:

"not Chad's fault"

"needs a RB"

"Needs big wr"

"needs better blocking"

"needs TE to throw to over middle"

"blame the D not chad"

Chad makes mistakes, the whole team does.

We do need a RB, you dont think so? I actually had a thread all about whether LEON could be the man.

I like Jmac, but it would be nice to have an upgrade, dont you agree?

OUr right side is terrible, you dont agree?

I like Baker, no problems there.

The D stunk this year, you know this.

Wow so go figure I also happen to mention EVERYTHING relevant to the JETS this offseason, and now your going to try and make that a BAD thing???

OK everybody, lets not talk about our D or our crappy right side Oline or the lack of a #1 RB...

Can we stop with all this chad nonsense for one night I need to get some sleep. That's pretty funny though MTJ

What that he doesnt think I should mention EVERY important issue about the JETS...

Remove those things from this board and it would be DEAD alllll winter.

This is garbage.

I'm not sure how many posts have been made on this site over the past couple of years...but my experience on this board would tell me that it is likely a high percentage of those posts bashed Penny in one way or another, I have also noticed that it is not common for a lot of members to defend Chad. If ecurb wants to support the starting QB for his team I don't see the harm....especially when there are so many negative posts that could be defended.

I'm not sure how many posts have been made on this site over the past couple of years...but my experience on this board would tell me that it is likely a high percentage of those posts bashed Penny in one way or another, I have also noticed that it is not common for a lot of members to defend Chad. If ecurb wants to support the starting QB for his team I don't see the harm....especially when there are so many negative posts that could be defended.

Yeah what a crazy thought...

"Chad holds this team back" is the first thread that comes to mind...

But yeah Im crazy for supporting the face of our franchise rather than bashing him... :roll:

We do need a RB, you dont think so? I actually had a thread all about whether LEON could be the man.

Wow so go figure I also happen to mention EVERYTHING relevant to the JETS this offseason, and now your going to try and make that a BAD thing???

OK everybody, lets not talk about our D or our crappy right side Oline or the lack of a #1 RB...

sure Id like to have upgrades across the board so would every NFL team. Every team has weaknesses, but the good teams find a way to win anyway. Name me the team that has an all pro at every position?

sure Id like to have upgrades across the board so would every NFL team. Every team has weaknesses, but the good teams find a way to win anyway. Name me the team that has an all pro at every position?

there is a very good chance we will upgrade EVERY one of those spots... where have you been?

We have 1st round and 2 2nd round draft picks along with alomst 30mill to spend on FA'a and those picks...

Lucky for us we WILL upgrade across the board

Yeah what a crazy thought...

"Chad holds this team back" is the first thread that comes to mind...

But yeah Im crazy for supporting the face of our franchise rather than bashing him... :roll:

There are differences between supporting, bashing and being a realist. I support Chad, but I do think QB is one of the positions we need to look at upgrading.

You blame everyone AROUND Chad, but not Chad himself.

Even when you say something not 150% positive on Chad like "Chad made some mistakes", you have to finish with "the whole team does".

It's never, ever Chad's fault, is it? I have heard every excuse in the world made for Chad. Eventually, you have to put away the excuses and accept facts. IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT. Enough.

there is a very good chance we will upgrade EVERY one of those spots... where have you been?

We have 1st round and 2 2nd round draft picks along with alomst 30mill to spend on FA'a and those picks...

Lucky for us we WILL upgrade across the board

Thats right because all draft picks and free agent signings always work out just as planned.

The difference is that ecurb STARTS 90% of the arguments.

In the past three days, ecurb has started seven threads about Chad Pennington. SEVEN!

So that argument does not fly with me. If he wants the constant Chad bashing to settle down, then he will quit making threads telling us how great he is.

In the past three days, ecurb has started seven threads about Chad Pennington. SEVEN!

So that argument does not fly with me. If he wants the constant Chad bashing to settle down, then he will quit making threads telling us how great he is.

Are you sure about that. I think we need a recount. He started 3 in the last hour!!!

I wont stop, get used to it.

He is the face of the franchise, if your sick of him your rooting for the wrong team.

Troll brother - try the ignore button. I'm into about my 36th hour of it and it's heavenly.

Oh, you will stop eventually, because you are quickly turning into JetsFanTX.

I go through spurts... :)

Im not that crazy I just go noverboard when someone ticks me off by thinking we need to "start clemens" or "whos better Plummer or Chad"

You think its all me but all day today people tried **** all over Chad and claim he will never take us anywhere...

Just becuase Im the only one that gets angry enough to shove it back at everyone... ill stop there

Now you've got him posting threads about every backup on the team just to prove you wrong.

Askew

Coleman

Poteat

Were ALL STARTERS in our playoff game... seriously if your going to give me hell at leats get it right.

I am asking SERIOUS questions about IMPORTANT Jets players... WHOA thats just crazy... lets reply to his Chad thread instead... then call him crazy...

Askew

Coleman

Poteat

Were ALL STARTERS in our playoff game... seriously if your going to give me hell at leats get it right.

I am asking SERIOUS questions about IMPORTANT Jets players... WHOA thats just crazy... lets reply to his Chad thread instead... then call him crazy...

Patrick Ramsey is a starter?

Could have fooled me. What exactly did you want us to discuss in that failed topic? The two passes he threw this season?

Askew

Coleman

Poteat

I posted it after you mentioned Ramsey, schlegel, and moore

Patrick Ramsey is a starter?

Could have fooled me. What exactly did you want us to discuss in that failed topic? The two passes he threw this season?

You quoted my post of naming 3 starters then mentioned one of the backups I started a thread on who I did not mention... good one...

Ramsey is an important offseason decision, he knows the systemn, why dump him?

You quoted my post of naming 3 starters then mentioned one of the backups I started a thread on who I did not mention... good one...

Ramsey is an important offseason decision, he knows the systemn, why dump him?

Because he sucks.

Ecurb,are you really just TX? We're you as bored with the old schtick as everyone else and wanted to try a new one? Did Heelz talk you into a "bizzaro tx" persona to try out?

Between the

"chad or plummer" thread

and

"start clemens in 2007" threads

I was out for blood today...

Ill relex tommorow... I always do... unitll someone else declares Pennington needs to be benched again...

Archived