RoadTrip To Gillette

Maxman

I was lucky to have nice pats fan in my section...as a matter of fact the boyz in front of me spend more time turned around chatting to me then watching the GAME!!!

On all the road trips I have been on there are always A$$holes in the group....EXCEPT Tennessee...not 1 person said or did anything, but congrats an hand shakes after the game.....

So ya know what road trip I will be attending next season....HERE I COME Kevin!!:yahoo:

Yes, as we all know Fans of teams in the Northeast (that includes NY/NJ/PA) are the most cordial of all....especially during the playoff's. 'Gimme a break. I've caught crap (while walking alone) at the Meadowlands during a regular season game. Warm and fuzzy is in Houston or Tennessee - as Bren will attest to. Not for nothing - but when a group of Jets fans put on the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets! Chant every five minutes- did you expect claps? I can just imagine how welcome a Pats chant would be at a Jets game during a regular season - nevermind a playoff game.

Honest to God - I truly think that alcohol sales should be prohibited during games. Some folks just can't handle the stuff and do completely stupid things like throw beer.

Anyway, glad to hear that the Full Tilt experience made your visit easier to take.

Yes, as we all know Fans of teams in the Northeast (that includes NY/NJ/PA) are the most cordial of all....especially during the playoff's. 'Gimme a break. I've caught crap (while walking alone) at the Meadowlands during a regular season game. Warm and fuzzy is in Houston or Tennessee - as Bren will attest to. Not for nothing - but when a group of Jets fans put on the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets! Chant every five minutes- did you expect claps? I can just imagine how welcome a Pats chant would be at a Jets game during a regular season - nevermind a playoff game.

Honest to God - I truly think that alcohol sales should be prohibited during games. Some folks just can't handle the stuff and do completely stupid things like throw beer.

Anyway, glad to hear that the Full Tilt experience made your visit easier to take.

nfortunetly there are drunks/a$$ho*** in every stadium ,but the one thing I have found in all the stadiums I`ve attend (and I`ve been more then a few road stadiums) The closer you get & the lower you get to the 50 yardline behind your road team the nicer people are to you even the opp. teams fans you are playing ,thats always been my expierence .

funny we did our share of chants and stuff at Lambeau and had a blast without issue. I have been all over the country to see games and some actions are just ridiculous. As for your comment Joisey, some of us just cannot afford those seats ;)

funny we did our share of chants and stuff at Lambeau and had a blast without issue. I have been all over the country to see games and some actions are just ridiculous. As for your comment Joisey, some of us just cannot afford those seats ;)

I can only speak for myself - but hearing that J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS! CHANT at Foxboro once, was bad enough - but hearing it seventeen times was annoying as hell.

Sorry!

I can only speak for myself - but hearing that J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS! CHANT at Foxboro once, was bad enough - but hearing it seventeen times was annoying as hell.

Sorry!

I have to agree with Garb on this one Tyson. You guys did that at least 10 times in a row in the parking lot.

ok well my issues were in the stadium where all I did was sit in my seat...without chant. So does this mean hearing the chants in the parking lot stirred up the fans to throw things inside the stadium?

Of course you didn't deserve any of the crap you got in the Stadium. The weird thing is that I sat across the stadium from you guys and didn't see any problems at all.

It was a playoff game against a New York team. That seems to bring out the idiot factor.

Of course you gave more abuse toward Pennington after the game than any Pat fan during the game! :P

gimme a break? throwing stuff like full beer bottles is a classless act and is not ok anywhere

If it makes you feel any better the bottles are plastic inside the stadium.

j/k. Stupid juvenile behaviour

man thanks gainzo.i'll sleep much better tonight ;)

they still allow glass in the more reserved & timid stadiums like the one the eagles call home though right?

man thanks gainzo.i'll sleep much better tonight ;)

they still allow glass in the more reserved & timid stadiums like the one the eagles call home though right?

You can't even buy a bottled water at Gillette without the cap being removed before they give it you.

Beer/Water with no cap = lousy projectile!

That's the thing. Foxboro is like Disneyland compared to Philly or Pittsburgh.

You can't even buy a bottled water at Gillette without the cap being removed before they give it you.

Beer/Water with no cap = lousy projectile!

That's the thing. Foxboro is like Disneyland compared to Philly or Pittsburgh.

Gainzo it is the same thing here in our stadiums- they take the cap off before they give them to you. Strange things have been known to be thrown at football games -like people.

this was my 4th trip up to foxboro. my gameday experiences for the first 3 were fairly hospitable. the foxboro faithful were never classy like green bay or tennessee but certainly not over the top obnoxious. this one was a bad experience. the fans in my section were complete thugs and houligans. they called me, my 3 friends and every other jet fan in section 317 every name in the book, even threatening many of us at various times.

the security was a joke, nowhere to be found. luckily there were a few other jet fans in my section in law enforcement other then myself and cooler heads prevailed in 3 instances that couldve gotten really ugly late in the game. this b%llsh%t has no place at sporting events. lets not 4get that the purpose of it is suppose to be recreational no matter how much of ourselves we invest into the team and game. anybody who thinks its some badge of courage to threaten ppl b/c they are wearing a different jersey then you is moronic. they were throwing their empties at any man woman or child wearing a jersey. the walk back to my car was no better.

our team getting knocked out of the playoffs stunk enough. waiting til the 2nd weekend in sept to see another game that counts and the realization that we w/out a doubt overachieved and there are still major deficencies on this team didnt help the mood either. but by the time i got to new haven i shouldve been looking at the glass 1/2 full and reflecting on a great season. this wasnt the pittsburgh loss which still stings. this wasnt the denver loss which also leaves a void. this wasnt even close to the baltimore week 17 loss under groh or the lion loss at the end of 97. it was a playoff loss to a team whos at least 1 class above us. but instead of being greatful for the jets giving me 1 more football sunday during a season we were suppose to be 5-11 i was still angry over my horrible day at gillette.

this was my 4th trip up to foxboro. my gameday experiences for the first 3 were fairly hospitable. the foxboro faithful were never classy like green bay or tennessee but certainly not over the top obnoxious. this one was a bad experience. the fans in my section were complete thugs and houligans. they called me, my 3 friends and every other jet fan in section 317 every name in the book, even threatening many of us at various times.

the security was a joke, nowhere to be found. luckily there were a few other jet fans in my section in law enforcement other then myself and cooler heads prevailed in 3 instances that couldve gotten really ugly late in the game. this b%llsh%t has no place at sporting events. lets not 4get that the purpose of it is suppose to be recreational no matter how much of ourselves we invest into the team and game. anybody who thinks its some badge of courage to threaten ppl b/c they are wearing a different jersey then you is moronic. they were throwing their empties at any man woman or child wearing a jersey. the walk back to my car was no better.

our team getting knocked out of the playoffs stunk enough. waiting til the 2nd weekend in sept to see another game that counts and the realization that we w/out a doubt overachieved and there are still major deficencies on this team didnt help the mood either. but by the time i got to new haven i shouldve been looking at the glass 1/2 full and reflecting on a great season. this wasnt the pittsburgh loss which still stings. this wasnt the denver loss which also leaves a void. this wasnt even close to the baltimore week 17 loss under groh or the lion loss at the end of 97. it was a playoff loss to a team whos at least 1 class above us. but instead of being greatful for the jets giving me 1 more football sunday during a season we were suppose to be 5-11 i was still angry over my horrible day at gillette.

Paragraphs mate, paragraphs.

Archived