Adrian Peterson

AFJF

I've see a ton of comments on him and what a great pick he would be, but would the same people then start killing Tangini if he lands on IR a few times. Hasn't the college game been a bit too much for him at this point? I thought I remembered him misssing significant time due to injury twice in four years. I'm not saying he isn't/won't be good, I'm just wondering if it's wise to use a #1 pick on a guy who's already had two significant injuries while playing against smaller/slower/weaker players than he'll see in the NFL

I've see a ton of comments on him and what a great pick he would be, but would the same people then start killing Tangini if he lands on IR a few times. Hasn't the college game been a bit too much for him at this point? I thought I remembered him misssing significant time due to injury twice in four years. I'm not saying he isn't/won't be good, I'm just wondering if it's wise to use a #1 pick on a guy who's already had two significant injuries while playing against smaller/slower/weaker players than he'll see in the NFL.

if he falls out of top ten jets should trade up fro him

if he falls out of top ten jets should trade up fro him

I woudn't have any problem with it myself. I think he'll be a great back. I thought I recalled him being banged up at another time besides this year. Anybody else recall that? Either way I'd be very happy to see him in green and white. I just think there would be a lot of second guessers if he were to get hurt based on his college injury. We'd be hearing a lot of "why didn't we get a more durable back" type of stuff.

Peterson not worried about injury rep

By John Shinn

THE NORMAN TRANSCRIPT (NORMAN, Okla.)

GLENDALE, Ariz. — Oklahoma players fielded their final questions from the media Saturday prior to Monday's Fiesta Bowl.

Adrian Peterson didn’t use the time to give an indication of whether he will or won’t give up his final season of eligibility and enter the NFL draft.

But he did answer questions involving the one knock against him. The junior running back has missed 11 games during his career due to injury, including the last seven with a broken collarbone.He said that doesn’t make him injury prone.

“It’s football. It’s a physical sport. Things happen, you get injured,” he said at Fiesta Bowl media day at University of Phoenix Stadium. “It’s people’s job to go out there and speculate and say that. I’m not the type of person that lets anything bother me, so that hasn’t really been a concern of mine.”

Of course, Peterson can lay those concerns to rest with his performance against Boise State Monday night.

But numbers aren’t a big concern to him.

“I wouldn’t mind making a point, but I don’t actually feel like I need to go out here and make a point,” Peterson said. “I feel like everything will come like things have been happening for me throughout the years. Just keeping the mind set and the same attitude, go out there and run the ball hard, do what you do best and everything will take care of itself.”

I've see a ton of comments on him and what a great pick he would be, but would the same people then start killing Tangini if he lands on IR a few times. Hasn't the college game been a bit too much for him at this point? I thought I remembered him misssing significant time due to injury twice in four years. I'm not saying he isn't/won't be good, I'm just wondering if it's wise to use a #1 pick on a guy who's already had two significant injuries while playing against smaller/slower/weaker players than he'll see in the NFL

Nah they would just call him a warrior, say he had heart, and talk about how good he will be after a full season of rehab.

I would trade the 25 and 37 to move up to 10 and grab Peterson if by some miracle he fell that low. That is what we would need to deal to get in the 9-11 range apparently.

he definatly won't fall out of the top five. I'd rather try and get Lynch since it won't take so much if we have to trade up and get him.

Did Peterson start every year he was in college?

If so, wouldn't that take away from his longevity in the NFL?

He's started as a true freshman, and he's only played 3 years. He's 20 yrs old.

His collarbone thing is insignificant, and actually might be good for the team that drafts him because he will not have taken another 200 carry pounding in his junior yr because he missed 7 games. He might be more fresh in his 1st yr in the league.

he definatly won't fall out of the top five. I'd rather try and get Lynch since it won't take so much if we have to trade up and get him.

lynch wont fall to us any way. but i have studied his tapes and i'm not that impressed. as a matter of fact he would have to correct his ball handling technique to be successfull in nfl. he is prone to fumbles

This kid will not fall out of the Top 5 , But if for some crazy reason he did fall out of the top 10 then we should try to take a stabb at him. If it doesn't work out then move on and address our other holes .This kid reminds me of C-mart but faster I think he will do well in the NFL .His speed will get him out of trouble ,but it's his straight up running style that scares me ,he could take a beating just like Eddie George did .

I've been a Sooner fan for decades. As a freshman he finished second in the Heisman balloting. However he did play behind the best OL in the NCAA that year who featured two All American OL men both of whom were first round picks in the NFL drafts.. Jamaal Brown and Davin Joseph. He has had several injuries as a sophomore and junior, high ankle sprains both year, seperated shoulder as a sophomore and broken shoulder as a junior.

He is worth the risk but the Jets have no chance at him. Can't see him getting past Cleveland or Houston at the top of the draft.

there is no way I would trade up for any running back (unless reggie bush was available like last year). I would use all of the picks to try to address need positions, especially on defense.
I agree, and go further saying I wouldn't trade up for any specific position at this point. The Jets need to infuse a lot more talent into this team to take the next step, I would stand pat and take the BAP at determined need positions that are available...

Archived