Didn't Hermano

DonCorleone

Cause Brian S is Marty's son and learned from him.

The way the Jets didn't show up in the second half on offense isn't exactly a testament to how good Brian S might become.

B Schottenheimer's offense was all right: no game-breaking receivers, no game-breaking TE, no running back to speak of, a limp-armed QB that only lets you use half your playbook, a couple of undersized guards and two rookie OLs. Hey, they were in the playoffs. And not because their defense was all-world. I think he managed all right. I would love to see the rest of the playbook some time.

Cause Brian S is Marty's son and learned from him.

The way the Jets didn't show up in the second half on offense isn't exactly a testament to how good Brian S might become.

Brian S is NOT a head coach. A good coordinator does not always translate into a good HC.

B Schottenheimer's offense was all right: no game-breaking receivers, no game-breaking TE, no running back to speak of, a limp-armed QB that only lets you use half your playbook, a couple of undersized guards and two rookie OLs. Hey, they were in the playoffs. And not because their defense was all-world. I think he managed all right. I would love to see the rest of the playbook some time.

His receivers aren't the problem so much as a QB who can deliver the ball to them from more than 8 yards away (without 15 yards of air under it). And whether Leon is destined to be more than a 3rd-down back or not (as his appropriate role), that's the mold he fit this year.

The CLEARLY above-average full-time players he had to work with on offense this year:

1) Coles

2) Cotchery

3) Mangold

end of list.

His receivers aren't the problem so much as a QB who can deliver the ball to them from more than 8 yards away (without 15 yards of air under it). And whether Leon is destined to be more than a 3rd-down back or not (as his appropriate role), that's the mold he fit this year.

The CLEARLY above-average full-time players he had to work with on offense this year:

1) Coles

2) Cotchery

3) Mangold

end of list.

Wouldn't that same list, in some small way effect the Qb of said offense, and said productivity, in some at least small manner?

If the QB was otherwise a deadly passer with a history of driving a stake into the heart of good defenses, then I would say yes. As it is, no. The offense was dumbed down for him. Not from an intellectual standpoint, as I believe Chad can (on paper) understand everything given to him. But clearly there aren't the same plays that other teams run (20-yd outs, 15-yd outs, 10-yd outs, rollouts with a receiver more than 8 yds away).

But insinuating that Chad is somehow handcuffed by his lack of weapons at WR is silly.

If the QB was otherwise a deadly passer with a history of driving a stake into the heart of good defenses, then I would say yes. As it is, no. The offense was dumbed down for him. Not from an intellectual standpoint, as I believe Chad can (on paper) understand everything given to him. But clearly there aren't the same plays that other teams run (20-yd outs, 15-yd outs, 10-yd outs, rollouts with a receiver more than 8 yds away).

But insinuating that Chad is somehow handcuffed by his lack of weapons at WR is silly.

Wait, I thought your premise wast that we are "above average" on Wr, I concur. Also that Mangold may be the only othaer "above average' on the offense.

My premise then is, if that is the case, wouldn't it help teh QB to some degree, to improve the talent around him?

Archived