Updated Salary Cap #s

Maxman

haha looks like the cap has caught up with mr snyder

Amazing that only 2 teams are under the cap and he is one of them. What a crappy owner. He is lucky that there isn't a coaching salary cap because he has to be # 1 in salaries there as well.

Wow. Times have changed. Most teams are well under the cap number.

IIRC,the cap jumped up by 10 million this year because of the new cba.

I'd imagine this would mean that most teams should be able to re-sign or franchise their big free agents.It could be a quiet off season.

The cap is a non-issue at this point even for the Redskins. It will be very easy for them to get under the cap.

The increase in cap space will mean many of the teams at the positive end of things will drastically over-spend for free agents this summer. This is a good time to be a free agent and a dangerous time for teams with money.

The cap is a non-issue at this point even for the Redskins. It will be very easy for them to get under the cap.

The increase in cap space will mean many of the teams at the positive end of things will drastically over-spend for free agents this summer. This is a good time to be a free agent and a dangerous time for teams with money.

Exactly.

With the kind of money the Bills have would they not want to get Clements signed? alot of money out there and the agents will know that thus the asking prices could get crazy

I am sure the Bills want to, but the question is does Clement? If I was one of the top FAs for my position, I would wait to be franchised or hit FA. With that much money available, it is passing up a huge chance at a pay day.

I am sure the Bills want to, but the question is does Clement? If I was one of the top FAs for my position, I would wait to be franchised or hit FA. With that much money available, it is passing up a huge chance at a pay day.

Plus with position he plays he is less likely to be one hit away from a career ending injury. The average of the top 3 (or is it top 5?) is going to be pretty attractive I should think.

With the kind of money the Bills have would they not want to get Clements signed? alot of money out there and the agents will know that thus the asking prices could get crazy

Marv Levy's adopted the same thinking as Tangini. Yes they'd like to have Clements but at the right price. They will not over pay. Many Bills fans feel Clements will leave snowy Buffalo (wouldn't you). This may be the reason they invested so heavily in DB's in last year's draft.

Archived