Herm Edwards Guest Commentary- Kansas City Star

Lil Bit Special

HERM EDWARDS GUEST COMMENTARY

GUEST COMMENTARY

The Colts are here because of defense

Edwards_Herm_02-02-2007_L3QICGL.jpg

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards faced the Colts a month ago in a 23-8 loss in the playoffs. Edwards is very close friends with Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy, which at first made him hesitant to do the annual Super Bowl scouting report. But he took time out this week to talk about Indianapolis with The Star.

Defenses win games. I keep telling people that, and they don

Simply the Colts are here because Peyton Manning and Tom Moore's offense have carried them and their defense, after perennial ineptitude under Dungy, has become above mediocre, and only lately. And they also lucked into a 1st round game against as sorry-run an outfit as the "run, run, incompletion, punt" offense of the Kansas City Chiefs. This Colts team still trailed the Pats 21 -3 late in the 1st half, so spare their offense they'd be watching with the rest of us. If the Colts win(and I expect they will) it will be because of Manning, not Dungy, and not the defense. Stopping REx Grossman is no great feat.

What insight! What wit! How wrong!STFU loser! Wonder if Edwards is going to refuse to watch this game, as famously he claimed with the Jets that he would never watch a Super Bowl game unless he was coaching.

What an arrogant, self-promoting jackass.

"I'm friends with Tony Dungy & Lovie Smith. We all use the Tampa-2 base set. Therefore them making it to the superbowl is de facto the same as my accomplishing the same and shows that I am a superbowl-caliber HC. Further, I will again not watch the superbowl because I feel I can learn nothing by watching superbowl teams compete."

What an arrogant, self-promoting jackass.

"I'm friends with Tony Dungy & Lovie Smith. We all use the Tampa-2 base set. Therefore them making it to the superbowl is de facto the same as my accomplishing the same and shows that I am a superbowl-caliber HC. Further, I will again not watch the superbowl because I feel I can learn nothing by watching superbowl teams compete."

What person in any endeavor they would make a living chooses not to watch the pinnacle event in said chosen field?

Archived