If we have Peyton Manning at QB how far do we go

Columbia Jet Fan

Simple enough. Same team. Same Coaches. No Chad.

I think we are prob. an 12-4/13-3 team with him and I see us getting to like the AFC Champ game, but not further than that. Peyton does have better RBs, WRs/TE and O-line but I would like to think our D and coach are better than that of the Colts.

Anyone think we can win a SB with Peyton?

The rest of the talent level isnt there. I love LC and Cotch, but Harrison is a HOF'er, and we dont nearly have the talent at TE that they have. The O-line has a couple of key players in place to be good, but the colts may very well have the best line in the league. Mcfarland(spelling?) as of right now is still an upgrade over D-rob(although hes come along very well this past year), and while Kerry Rhodes has the same impactability as Bob Sanders, Bob Sanders seems to make an impact every play out there, in some form or fashion(granted, Sanders cant keep healthy, and Rhodes WILL get better). Lastly, back to the offense, Addai is a better RUNNING back(and i stress running) than any of our options, even if Washington is a better recieving option.

All that together, and no..we're not a SB team in my opinion.

If everything came together and Manning was teamed up with Belichick as his coach, we would be the dynasty right now.

OR Manning would crumble under the NY Media pressure like the crybaby he is, and BB would be in Jail for fraud or something...

Chad=Most accurate QB in the NFL.

How is Manning (or anybody else) going to improve things?

Put a deep threat in and you ahve a completely different team and running game , no more 8 man box D.

Manning uses the deep man to free up extra plays which is why he is so clynical calling at the LOS. To a point Chad is the same he reads D very well and can adjust.

But to put Manning in and nothing else would achieve nothing. No deep burner.

Put a deep threat in and you ahve a completely different team and running game , no more 8 man box D.

Manning uses the deep man to free up extra plays which is why he is so clynical calling at the LOS. To a point Chad is the same he reads D very well and can adjust.

Dude, we had a deep threat. Hell, LC was a deep threat in WAS. Deep threat means nothing when the QB can't capitalize on it. That's why we don't have a deep threat. Opposing Safeties allow the receivers to basically go one on one with CB's beyond 30 yards down the field. Even if the receiver has a step Chad's throw is going to allow the CB to recover. Even on the very few that are caught the CB makes the tackle almost immediately because the WR is waiting for the ball. It's completely assinine to think Manning would be a MAJOR improvement at QB over Chad.

Maybe a bad choice of words there , hes NOT a burner a MOSS.

Year.................Team...............................G..........GS........Rec.....Yds....Avg...Lg..TD20+40+1st2000New York Jets1332237016.863161162001New York Jets16165986814.7407141422002New York Jets161689126414.2435192672003Washington Redskins161682120414.7646213542004Washington Redskins16169095010.6451101522005New York Jets16167384511.643561522006New York Jets161691109812.158612352TOTAL 10999506659913.064318812335

The stats would suggest that he has had similar success in Washington , but now hes 4 years older. LC has never been a deep threat. LC breaks tackles , someone like Moss is a hairdryer and can burn but not break a tea cup.

So Im wrong to think we would win 2 more games with a HOF fame qb and one of the best qbs of our time????? That means Ive been hit in the head...um ok.

I think its fair to say we would beat Cleveland with my dog in at qb instead of chad that day. I never said we would be in the superbowl let alone win it, I was wondering if anyone could present an argument that would say we could. If you dont think Peyton= at least 2 wins on this team I think youre out of your mind....

I am a pro Chad guy. I've been called a "Chadinette," but to suggest that the Jets wouldn't have a deep game with Peyton at qb is ridiculous. Coles is just about as fast as Moss, he just doesn't have the wiggle. McCareins would be extremely productive with Manning and is nothing if not a deep threat. Besides, Manning can dink and dunk with the best of them. Watch the replay of the Super Bowl if you don't think so. How far would the Jets go with the right Manning at qb? Farther, that's how far.

wow. JUST WOW. Thats all I am gonna say.

The fact that some people in this topic DON'T think the Jets would be better off with Peyton ****ING Manning as our QB is just jaw-dropping. Holy ****ing ****, that is all I can say.

didnt say anything about being better off...i said we're not a superbowl team

The fact that some people in this topic DON'T think the Jets would be better off with Peyton ****ING Manning as our QB is just jaw-dropping. Holy ****ing ****, that is all I can say.

OK , Manning is a very good QB , how will he improve the team immediatley? The fact is just by bringing him in doesn't automatically make us better , more dynamic maybe.

OK , Manning is a very good QB , how will he improve the team immediatley? The fact is just by bringing him in doesn't automatically make us better , more dynamic maybe.

You gotta be kidding me. The best QB in the NFL wouldnt make us better.

Why am I wasting my time. I am done with this thread. Holy facking crap.

How will he improve the team immediately? Are you high? Manning is a Hall of Fame quarterback. Chad Pennington is the definition of average.

That is like saying we wouldn't be better off with Antonio Gates and Shawne Merriman because we already have Chris Baker and Victor Hobson.

Archived