after the results of the combine

jets rooter

If carriker is there at 25 and we take a WR...Im out. I quit Im done with the Jets....OUT

Yea I'd have to agree with that. If we take a WR not named Calvin Johnson over Carriker I don't know what I'd do.

As far as Carriker being there in the 2nd round...:lol:...he'd have to commit a crime right before the draft.

There have been too many times in the past where I have made the statement..."If the Jets (fill in the blank), then Im dont, Im out" Yet here I am...but I agree with you. Barring the unthinkable, ie Marshawn Lynch dropping, if Carriker is available, we better take him. WR is out of the question

Tangini has not led us astray yet. I doubt they will let us down in this draft, either.

So if Tangini drafted a safety to compete with Kerry Rhodes you would agree with it? Tannebaum wouldnt draft a WR b/c its prob. our strongest position (if not the strongest its #2 or #3) we have a lot of other holes to fill and WR makes ZERO sense. I don't care if Calvin Johnson is avaliable....we DO NOT DRAFT WR in this draft....

Ok if CJ is avaliable in round 7 we can pick him up....

So if Tangini drafted a safety to compete with Kerry Rhodes you would agree with it? Tannebaum wouldnt draft a WR b/c its prob. our strongest position (if not the strongest its #2 or #3) we have a lot of other holes to fill and WR makes ZERO sense. I don't care if Calvin Johnson is avaliable....we DO NOT DRAFT WR in this draft....

If Tangini drafted a safety in the 1st round, of course I would not agree with it. My POINT was that I don't think they'll make a bad selection in the 1st round! I have more faith in them than that. They didn't do it last season, and made several strong selections in the later rounds that really appeared to help us last season.

And if Calvin Johnson were available at 25, of COURSE you take him. Just because you don't need him doesn't mean you pass on a talent like that. He won't be available outside of the top 10, however, so its a moot point. But in the draft, you don't purely look at needs. You take it into consideration, but ultimately you choose players who will help you win, even if that position is already a strength.

I just think you draft the positions you need. Yes obviously if a great WR is there you would draft him over drafting Max to play RG.....

I would just much rather take a slightly less talented player at a position of need than a more talented player at a position where we are set at. I mean Vernon Davis was prob. considered the more talented player than D'Brick last year but we went with the position of need, not a "sexy pick."

I mean if Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russel drops to the Bengals they are not going to take him...no matter how good they think they are. WR we are good at, and relatively young, lets leave it alone and worry about the run game on both sides of the ball.

I just think you draft the positions you need. Yes obviously if a great WR is there you would draft him over drafting Max to play RG but I would much rather take a slightly less talented player at a position of need than a more talented player at a position where we are set at. I mean Vernon Davis was prob. considered the more talented player than D'Brick last year but we went with the position of need, not a "sexy pick."

I mean if Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russel drops to the Bengals they are not going to take him...no matter how good they think they are. WR we are good at, and relatively young, lets leave it alone and worry about the run game on both sides of the ball.

All I'm trying to say is, If a great player falls in your lap, however, you take him, regardless of need. I'd PREFER to get a mauling guard, a quality nose tackle or 3-4 defensive end with the early pick(s). However, if all the good ones are taken by the time we pick, you take the best available player.

Ok, I disagree, I think you go to the next position of need and evaluate if that player (say a DE or DT) would be a more valuable asset than a more talented player at WR.

Whatever, agree to disagree, besides I dont think there is a point to argue considering I highly doubt a great WR, of the caliber necessary for the jets to take him, will drop to 25....

Archived