Jets sign Cotchery to Contract Extension

Jerricho Cotchery showed more in one season than Justin McCareins has in his 5 or 6 seasons in the league IMO, this was great to get it done when we did, good job by Tangini & Co.

What Constitutes a Mangini Guy?

“Jerricho Cotchery exemplifies everything we are looking for in our players. He is smart, tough, hardworking, selfless, competitive and football is important to him.

ERIC MANGINI

We like to use the term "Mangini Guy", but if you really wanna know what that means look no further than JC, this young man is the definition of a "Mangini Guy", with an added emphasis on "young man" in a young mans game.

That's why this was a smart move .. I'm thrilled that we locked this guy up for the long haul

Congrats to Jerricho Cotchery as well .. he earned it, and I have no doubt that he'll keep on earning it because that's the way he's built, he doesn't know any other way

Great move by the Jets.

Cotchery is a young, explosive, receiver who obviously works hard and wants to win. What's not to like?

It also doesn't hurt that he was a "Patriots Killer" last year!

Mangini summed it up in GJ&H's quote: Football is important to him.

Great job resigning him. Even though he has not reached 1000 yards yet I see potential for greatness.

The following statement may set off a firestorm of controversy but here goes:

If Cotchery had a QB who could hit him 30-40 yards down the field he would have had over 1000 yards receiving.

Last season he had to take 10-15 yard passes and break tackles to pick up yards.

Examples would be his 70+ yard TD receptions in the 1st Pats/Jets game and the Playoff game.

If Cotchery had a QB who could hit him 30-40 yards down the field he would have had over 1000 yards receiving.

Last season he had to take 10-15 yard passes and break tackles to pick up yards.

Examples would be his 70+ yard TD receptions in the 1st Pats/Jets game and the Playoff game.

I'm not to sure he is a burner that can stretch the field - but you could be right.

I'm not to sure he is a burner that can stretch the field - but you could be right.

He doesn't have to be a burner as he runs good routes.

I'm jealous that you guys have Cotchery and Coles. When the Jets get a QB who can stretch the field your passing game will be excellent with both of those blokes and Baker.

He doesn't have to be a burner as he runs good routes.

I'm jealous that you guys have Cotchery and Coles. When the Jets get a QB who can stretch the field your passing game will be excellent with both of those blokes and Baker.

I hate Bakers guts at this point.

If you consider a firestorm of controversy 10 posts from ecurb then you better watch out.

You're right Gainzo!

1)your statement is quoted for truth

2)The Chadolites will be raining down on you shortly.:lol:

The deal, a five-year extension believed to be worth about $4 millionper season, came on the eve of the free- agency period and a full yearbefore Cotchery would have been able to test the market for his value.

-- Newsday

4 million dollars a year to play football

I'm just glad the deals done !!

The deal, a five-year extension believed to be worth about $4 millionper season, came on the eve of the free- agency period and a full yearbefore Cotchery would have been able to test the market for his value.

-- Newsday

If that is accurate, then it is not a bad deal for teh Jets at all, especially if Cotchery continues to mature and improve a bit.

I like it a lot. Smart nmove by the FO getting this done early.

Next up - Hobson and Rhodes.

-- Newsday

Solid. Didn't give him upper-echelon money in like the $7-$9M/yr range. Don't let the #'s with Chad throwing 8-10-yard rainbows to him let you think he's worse than others who simply had more yardage. The kid's really good.

Archived