Jets sign Cotchery to Contract Extension

(from NewYorkJets.com)

Jets Sign Jerricho Cotchery to Contract Extension

Published: 03-01-07

By Jets PR Department

Regular Contributor

The New York Jets announced the signing of wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery to a contract extension. The announcement was made by Jets

VERY good move and I'm glad it's signed & done long before there could ever be any talk of Cotchery going elsewhere. He finally got his chance to show his talents last year and he certainly stepped up and performed. Here's for the next 5-7 years of some great things coming out way from JC, hopefully.:beer:

VERY good move and I'm glad it's signed & done long before there could ever be any talk of Cotchery going elsewhere. He finally got his chance to show his talents last year and he certainly stepped up and performed. Here's for the next 5-7 years of some great things coming out way from JC, hopefully.:beer:

For how much? How long? Any REAL facts?

For how much? How long? Any REAL facts?

The Jets never release the numbers on their website. The only real fact you need is that he has been re-signed and it's probably around a 4-6 year range. JC is going to be a New York Jet for a while, thats all we need to know. The years and money will come out in due time.

Getting Cotchery done now was much more important than getting Rhodes done. I'm pretty sure Rhodes is a RFA after the season. If we tender him with a 1st and 3rd tag, no one is going to give up that much for a safety. That's when the heavy negotiations with Rhodes should start. And, even if they don't, we can franchise him after the 2008 season. We could not have placed the tag on Cotchery due to the salary differences between a WR and a safety.

Great move by the front office. They have done every thing right as of March 1st.

I`m going out to get sh!tfaced and celebrate, pretending I`m

J-Co and running different routes between pubs.

That's the spirit!:beer:

Also Troll, agree with you 110% brotha. Getting KR will happen in due time, getting JC done was a must to get done before the end of next season.

Good news indeed.

Based on the premise that the current regime wants young, talented guys around, and all the nice words from the FO about him last year, and how important he was to the future, I would be shocked if this deal is for less than 4 years. In fact, I bet that it is more likely a 6 year deal, and hopefully a roster bonus instead of a signing bonus, so it does not kill any future caps if that time should ever come.

Getting Cotchery done now was much more important than getting Rhodes done. I'm pretty sure Rhodes is a RFA after the season. If we tender him with a 1st and 3rd tag, no one is going to give up that much for a safety. That's when the heavy negotiations with Rhodes should start. And, even if they don't, we can franchise him after the 2008 season. We could not have placed the tag on Cotchery due to the salary differences between a WR and a safety.

Great move by the front office. They have done every thing right as of March 1st.

Very nice assessment and I agree 100%. Great job getting Cotch done.

I thought Kerry Rhodes still had 2 years left on his rookie contract.

He does but he may be able to become (and I'm guessing Troll you know that he will become if we do not re-sign him) a RFA after this season. Either way, Rhodes is under contract through 2008. Don't worry, Kerry Rhodes isn't going anywhere.

Awesome news!!!!!

I`m going out to get sh!tfaced and celebrate, pretending I`m

J-Co and running different routes between pubs.

adda boy blurry......... here's hoping the pubs be close enough together that all your patterns are buttonhooks :)

I love how our FO is all about business no more rumor bullcrap they need to get something done and we dont hear about it again until its done. Very nice move by the Jets

There have been rumors about this deal since the playoffs....

But either way I see what you mean about the FO just getting things done...

I love how our FO is all about business no more rumor bullcrap they need to get something done and we dont hear about it again until its done. Very nice move by the Jets

Exactly.

Tangini doesn't F around.. not so much in the Sperm / Bradway era.

Dick,

With his numbers from last year (being his first full season) and Pennington throwing to him I do not think its fair to classify him as a JAG yet. So far he has clearly surpassed that tag if you ask me.

And my opinon doesnt even include his training effort and his locker room presence which must both be solid since Mangini is always praising his hard work. If he remains healthy I think we will see continued improvement from him next year.

Right I`m back form my J=_co celebration..

Any figures yet? whatever this guiys worth it, if any guy on our roster has come out

and said he`ll do what it takes to both succeed and stick with the manmgini philosphophy

its Jerricho, he deserves it all.

this is a great day, Jerricho realises Manigni is building a dynastyn of his own and he wants

to sign up and be a part of it, the sooner Rhodes et al the better, we are on the veryge of

great great things, long may it continue!!

Go JETS!!

GO Pat Benataar!

Dick,

With his numbers from last year (being his first full season) and Pennington throwing to him I do not think its fair to classify him as a JAG yet. So far he has clearly surpassed that tag if you ask me.

And my opinon doesnt even include his training effort and his locker room presence which must both be solid since Mangini is always praising his hard work. If he remains healthy I think we will see continued improvement from him next year.

only delusional, wishful thinking jet fans would think he is anything more than JAG. OK, maybe a tad more than a JAG but really the guy has had one decent year.

if they overpaid him and he starts to miss 5 games a year and gains 600 yards or so, you will be pissed

I said this about JMAC when we got him too. a guy who hardly proved himself and jet fans had already annointed him to th HOF.

be careful out there

only delusional, wishful thinking jet fans would think he is anything more than JAG. OK, maybe a tad more than a JAG but really the guy has had one decent year.

if they overpaid him and he starts to miss 5 games a year and gains 600 yards or so, you will be pissed

I said this about JMAC when we got him too. a guy who hardly proved himself and jet fans had already annointed him to th HOF.

be careful out there

wow...porter, mcardel and horn are all free now too. so how wise was ths move now?

Archived