Nanny, $44,880 , Dan Snyder, 0

Smizzy

Nanny, $44,880; Redskins Owner, 0

By THE NEW YORK TIMES

A nanny who said that Daniel M. Snyder, owner of the Washington Redskins, had underpaid her won $44,880 last week when a Montgomery County Circuit Court in Maryland agreed that she had not been compensated for overtime hours she had worked.

Juliette Mendonca sued Mr. Snyder for $60,000 in overtime that she said she had earned while caring for the three children of Mr. Snyder and his wife, Tanya. This was on top of the $162,000 she was paid during that same period, from April 2003 to November 2004.

She testified that Mr. Snyder confronted her late one night in 2004, saying: “I pay you more than my Redskins park people! I can’t afford to pay you like this!”

Mr. Snyder, who is also chairman of the amusement park giant Six Flags, did not take the stand. But his wife testified that Ms. Mendonca could not have worked all the hours she claimed. They offered her a $65,000 salary, but she refused it, preferring to work on an hourly basis, the couple’s lawyer said.

The jury did not explain how it arrived at the amount of the award, according to Ms. Mendonca’s lawyer, Frank J. Coviello, but it rejected her demand for damages of $180,000 in the case.

There is no word so far on whether the Snyders will appeal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/18/business/yourmoney/18suits.html

200K for a nanny? F-me.

If they are paying 200k I am going to assume they won't win partents of the year anytime soon. Since it sounds like they are never around.

Actually, while what you say could be true, a lot of people with that kind of coin pay the nanny even if they are around, and especially to get up at night with the children.

Nanny, $44,880; Redskins Owner, 0

By THE NEW YORK TIMES

A nanny who said that Daniel M. Snyder, owner of the Washington Redskins, had underpaid her won $44,880 last week when a Montgomery County Circuit Court in Maryland agreed that she had not been compensated for overtime hours she had worked.

Juliette Mendonca sued Mr. Snyder for $60,000 in overtime that she said she had earned while caring for the three children of Mr. Snyder and his wife, Tanya. This was on top of the $162,000 she was paid during that same period, from April 2003 to November 2004.

She testified that Mr. Snyder confronted her late one night in 2004, saying:

Archived