The Jets should sign Carr

4HCrew

You watched the tape? Clemens was so impressive he didn't even get many reps in preseason and didn't look particularly good when he did. Guess he was real impressive beating out Bollinger for that 3rd spot. He came out of camp the 3rd qb and stayed there. Obviously, he did not come close to beating out Pennington since he didn't even beat out Ramsey.

Fact is, any reservations that Mangini showed in his press conference were more a result of wanting to act like the other guys played well if he was forced to start them down the line than anybody actually being impressive.

You watched the tape? Clemens was so impressive he didn't even get many reps in preseason and didn't look particularly good when he did. Guess he was real impressive beating out Bollinger for that 3rd spot. He came out of camp the 3rd qb and stayed there. Obviously, he did not come close to beating out Pennington since he didn't even beat out Ramsey.

Fact is, any reservations that Mangini showed in his press conference were more a result of wanting to act like the other guys played well if he was forced to start them down the line than anybody actually being impressive.

the tapes i have watched on him were mostly highlights so my analysis might not be the best but. every analyst in the country loved this pick. jaws and merrill hodge were in awe of this kid. personally i liked brodie croyle but he had injury issues. of what i saw on kellen he reminded me of bob griesie of miami and a little bit of a mixture between brett favre and steve young. he might not be the most gifted of athlete but has a strong arm

Teams like the Browns and Vikings will give him money that he can't reject. He will also become a starter if he signs with both teams, he should sign with the Vikes considering how good their offensive line is. Something he never had. He is only 27, but I still would rather have Clemens.

Ummm you are doing that..You are telling us that you see a little Griese Young and Favre in him when he does zero in the NFL... and if showed all of that I am sure he would have gone alot higher than where the Jets took him. Also he did not flash any of this in training camp last year. Read your own posts

Ummm you are doing that..You are telling us that you see a little Griese Young and Favre in him when he does zero in the NFL... and if showed all of that I am sure he would have gone alot higher than where the Jets took him. Also he did not flash any of this in training camp last year. Read your own posts

Dude, don't you realize that Kellen Clemens is the next Brett Favre with a sprinkle of Joe Montana and a splash of Dan Marino?

The O-line isn't Carr's only problem. The guy is indecisive and doesn't do a very good job of utilizing his hot routes or all of his options. It doesn't matter how good an offensive line is, if your QB hangs on to the ball for 10+ seconds after every snap the rushers are going to get to him. I'm not saying he will be as horrible with a good o-line, but I don't think he will be as good as most of you think.

The O-line isn't Carr's only problem. The guy is indecisive and doesn't do a very good job of utilizing his hot routes or all of his options. It doesn't matter how good an offensive line is, if your QB hangs on to the ball for 10+ seconds after every snap the rushers are going to get to him. I'm not saying he will be as horrible with a good o-line, but I don't think he will be as good as most of you think.
Carr either hangs on to the ball for 10 seconds and takes a sack or dumps it off way too early.

Carr reminds me of Vinny Testaverde. He's a big, athletic and durable quarterback who can throw the ball but he is mistake prone and not the sharpest operator. Like Testaverde, he could be a good QB in the right situation. I think Miami is a good situation for him though their offensive line isn't that much better than Houston's.

i was comparing physical skills not stats. you are saying he hasn't done anything yet so he must suck HUH!

Nobody knows anything about this guy. He had some nice games in college but obviously he wasn't even good enough last season to be the backup QB...

When rookies around the league seem to start these days, I'm not impressed by a guy who can't even win the backup role over somebody like Patrick Ramsey.

As much as people condemn Chad and seem to hype Clemmons, the fact is Chad P is an avg QB who has never won anything besides a couple of wild card games. He's an often injury prone QB. Everybody knows he has a weak arm. Everybody knows he was coming off of two shoulder injuries.

I really don't want a kid who is more like Aaron Rogers because in the end, a QB with no experience isn't any different than a rookie QB..Look at Tony Romo and Philip Rivers last season. As the season grew longer and the games became more pressure filled, they sometimes acted just like rookies and played like rookies.....

At this point, either Clemmons is a going to be a legit starter or he's gonna be a kid demanding a trade so he can start in the NFL. Maybe nobody will hear about these things, but winners want to play. If the kid is comfortable competing for the 2nd string role, I'm not impressed.

Carr reminds me of Vinny Testaverde. He's a big, athletic and durable quarterback who can throw the ball but he is mistake prone and not the sharpest operator. Like Testaverde, he could be a good QB in the right situation. I think Miami is a good situation for him though their offensive line isn't that much better than Houston's.

Reminds me of a more durable Rex Grossman.

Archived