The Jets should sign Carr

4HCrew

Based on how everyone rips Chad and his arm, Carr would be your perfect fit no? fairly young and above average arm. Or does Clemens fit that bill yet the Jets are playing Chad anyway because he can manage the game better?

Carr with protection and some confidence he won't be on his back in 2 seconds may be worth it:cool0019:

Three Reasons:

1. Chad Pennington is a proven winner. Carr isnt -- younger and stronger, but winning is what matters

2. Kellen Clemens is clearly ready to assume the back up spot. Carr would have to compete wtih him for the number 2 job. Why would he do this?

3. He will be too expensive for the Jets as either a back up or a 3rd stringer.

Some of you people kill me. Chad is certainly not the greatest QB in the league, but he's a good deal better than David Carr. Many complain that Chad will never lead the Jets to a Super Bowl, what has Carr done to suggest that he's capable of doing it?

Three Reasons:

1. Chad Pennington is a proven winner. Carr isnt -- younger and stronger, but winning is what matters

2. Kellen Clemens is clearly ready to assume the back up spot. Carr would have to compete wtih him for the number 2 job. Why would he do this?

3. He will be too expensive for the Jets as either a back up or a 3rd stringer.

Some of you people kill me. Chad is certainly not the greatest QB in the league, but he's a good deal better than David Carr. Many complain that Chad will never lead the Jets to a Super Bowl, what has Carr done to suggest that he's capable of doing it?

I'm not the biggest Chad fan in the world, but those are very good points. He's at least proven he can win more than Carr and there's no debating that.

You stole my post.;)

Based on how everyone rips Chad and his arm, Carr would be your perfect fit no? fairly young and above average arm. Or does Clemens fit that bill yet the Jets are playing Chad anyway because he can manage the game better?

how much $$ can the jets possibly tie up in back-ups? if they signed carr that would make 4 backups with still no starting caliber nfl qb.

The jets should not be spending all this money. Everyone wants us to spend on all of these marginal at best upgrades and screw our cap for years to come. Lets say carr would win one more game and throws 4 more td's and 1 less int than chad pennington. Would it be worth having 4 qb's on the roster eating away at the cap. How much would david carr cost us for someone who might not be able to win the #2 job.

a lot of people are forgetting that clemens almost took chad's spot in last years training camp when he put up a show at hofstra and every single one of you wanted to start him. (except mike greenberg and his fellow chad lovers)

I don't remember hearing anything like that or being impressed with him in the preseason games.

I hope he's good but i just don't really see it.

he hardly played last year. what have you seen in him that alarms you

I don't remember hearing anything like that or being impressed with him in the preseason games.

i'm talking about the training camp when the whole four way QB competition was going on

His size.

he is about steve young's size. he is 6-2. and can use his mobility. tony romo is also 6-2

I paid very close attention to TC and I don't remember anything at all about him being even close to Chad for the job.

thats is why u dont like him because you have never heard of his play?

I would love to see the Jets bring in Carr but it ain't gonna happen as long as Noodle Arm & Kellen are on the roster. The least they could've done was bring in Rattay or Wright instead of Tuisawho?, but, these are the Jets after all. Carr will be VERY successful if he lands with a team with an NFL offensive line and more then 1 target to work with.

i remember watching espn and one analyst said that kellen was the most impressive in training camp and should start. but mangini opted not to start him claiming that chad altough not as impressive but was the most consistent player

Are you on drugs? Where the hell did Mangini say that Chad wasn't as impressive as Clemens? Now you're just making things up.

Archived