Out of these NFL busts who do you think got the raw deal or couldve really made it?

TNJet

Best of the Busts? Could've made it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Best of the Busts? Could've made it?

• Leaf
    • Bosworth
    • Blair Thomas
    • Curtis Enis
    • Heath Shuler
    • R.Mirer
    • Akili Smith
    • Tim Couch
    • Chris Redman

I go with the Vol Heath Shuler.He was a childhood hero of mine as a kid here in my hometown of Knoxville.He was tough as nails and had all the tools.I think he just came out too early and was on some horrible teams in Wash and NO.A foot injury in 99 in NO really sealed his fate and he never really had a chance to play behind a DECENT oline,or team.I know some of you may rip me but honestly,there are worst QB's in the league now that still have jobs that arent even close to Shulers ability.

fast forward, 2012:

Jonathan Vilma. He played in a 3-4 for the last 7 years of his career and never really had a chance to be a dominant sideline-to-sideline player. He showed in his rookie year (playing the 4-3) the kind of impact he could have had playing in a scheme that suited him. But because he was a fan favorite, the front office caved to pressure to not "sell high" and get a first round pick for him to get a player more suited to their scheme. A shame, really.

fast forward, 2012:

Jonathan Vilma. He played in a 3-4 for the last 7 years of his career and never really had a chance to be a dominant sideline-to-sideline player. He showed in his rookie year (playing the 4-3) the kind of impact he could have had playing in a scheme that suited him. But because he was a fan favorite, the front office caved to pressure to not "sell high" and get a first round pick for him to get a player more suited to their scheme. A shame, really.

:Nuts::Nuts::Nuts:

fast forward, 2012:

great way to ruin a thread.:Nuts:

Browning Nagle.

Laugh if you will, but think about. He was a second year qb who's first year as a starter was probably one of the worst years the Jets have ever had especially when it comes to injuries.

Lageman was lost week 2 for the season

Toon and Dennis Byrd suffered career ending injuries.

That whole season was just a train wreck. Who wouldn't have regressed with a year like that.

The following year Coslet was in the last year of his contract and he brought in the "guys who were going to show the Jets how to win" Boomer, Lott, Marshall, and handed the job to Boomer. We all saw how that worked out.

Nagle never was able to get his career jumpstarted again.

Browning Nagle.

Laugh if you will, but think about. He was a second year qb who's first year as a starter was probably one of the worst years the Jets have ever had especially when it comes to injuries.

Lageman was lost week 2 for the season

Toon and Dennis Byrd suffered career ending injuries.

That whole season was just a train wreck. Who wouldn't have regressed with a year like that.

The following year Coslet was in the last year of his contract and he brought in the "guys who were going to show the Jets how to win" Boomer, Lott, Marshall, and handed the job to Boomer. We all saw how that worked out.

Nagle never was able to get his career jumpstarted again.

Browning Nagle couldnt tie Shulers cleats.Just an opinion.

Even with an injury Bo achieved more than these guys ever dreamed,he could never count.

"In his four seasons in the NFL, Jackson rushed for 2,782 yards and 16 touchdowns with an average yards per carry of 5.4. He also caught 40 passes for 352 yards and two touchdowns."

far below his potential. raw deal that he was behind marcus allen his entire short career and he had a career-ending injury. if that ain't a raw deal, what is? bo counts easily.

"In his four seasons in the NFL, Jackson rushed for 2,782 yards and 16 touchdowns with an average yards per carry of 5.4. He also caught 40 passes for 352 yards and two touchdowns."

far below his potential. raw deal that he was behind marcus allen his entire short career and he had a career-ending injury. if that ain't a raw deal, what is? bo counts easily.

Do you not agree that that is a little more successful than these scrubs posted above??

:rl:

it's not about pity, i thought this thread was about guys not living up to their potential. an uninjured Bo who wasn't playing second fiddle to marcus allen makes the HOF easily after 6 or 7 seasons.

Best of the Busts means,guys who never had any sucess.Unlike Bo Jackson.

:rl:

it's not about pity, i thought this thread was about guys not living up to their potential. an uninjured Bo who wasn't playing second fiddle to marcus allen makes the HOF easily after 6 or 7 seasons.

Actually this thread is a poll to pick which of the stated so called "busts" got a raw deal. Personally, I believe it was Blair Thomas, he got kind of screwed here.

But who cares, I thought you meant Boz in your last comment seeing he was on the least...

that's kind of a general category. why not be more specific like "busts with less than 2.5 starts made who have reddish hair and a 32 inch waist or smaller."

Bo could've been the GOAT. he didn't get close. raw deal.

Is that Glen Foley?haha J/K

that's kind of a general category. why not be more specific like "busts with less than 2.5 starts made who have reddish hair and a 32 inch waist or smaller."

I interpreted the poll as it said, "Out of these NFL busts who do you think...."

Bo Jackson was not a BUST.

he didn't get a raw deal, he gave himself one. and i don't think that counts.

he was drafted by the bucs in 87 but decided to play baseball instead, he went back into the draft next year and was chosen in the 7th round by the raiders. he came to the team half way through the year because he only wanted to play football as a hobby. he had to backup marcus allen because the raiders were the only team that would give him a chance, BECAUSE HE MADE THE DECISION NOT TO PLAY FOOTBALL FULL TIME. even after having a good rookie season, he still averaged 10.33 games per season for the rest of his career...why? BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T COMMIT TO PLAYING FOOTBALL FULL TIME. that is not a raw deal, that is what he chose.

I think Bosworth would have been a fine LB if it weren't for the injuries. I don't think Boz was a going to be a monster LB, I think that was all SI/haircut hype, but he'd have been solid.

Bo Jackson was a great athlete, but even if he commited to football full time and never got hurt I don't think he'd have sniffed greatest of all time. I don't think he had the moves like an OJ, Jim Brown or Payton. I saw him more as another Herschel Walker.

I don't see what raw deal Blair Thomas got. He came here and was supposed to get to the hole "a split second faster" but proved pretty quickly he couldn't carry Freeman's jock. Or Johnny Hector. Not exactly what you want from #2 overall.

fast forward, 2012:

I hate you for saying it, but have to agree with you 100%.

Archived