Out of these NFL busts who do you think got the raw deal or couldve really made it?

TNJet

Best of the Busts? Could've made it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Best of the Busts? Could've made it?

• Leaf
    • Bosworth
    • Blair Thomas
    • Curtis Enis
    • Heath Shuler
    • R.Mirer
    • Akili Smith
    • Tim Couch
    • Chris Redman

undoubtedly tim couch. he LED the browns to the playoffs, something that none of these other guys ever did. if the browns organization wasn't so damn incompetent and bothered to make a team around couch, he would still be a starter today. there is only one modern coach that comes to mind worse than herm, chris palmer.

undoubtedly tim couch. he LED the browns to the playoffs, something that none of these other guys ever did. if the browns organization wasn't so damn incompetent and bothered to make a team around couch, he would still be a starter today. there is only one modern coach that comes to mind worse than herm, chris palmer.

If Couch was so good, how come he could not even make the Packers' roster after he was released by Cleveland?

Excellent topic TNJet.

I went with Enis.

While his career did not exactly set the league on fire, injuries definetly shortened it. Thomas Jones was looking like a bust until Cedric Benson came along.

Without a doubt it is The Boz...he could have had a stellar career if he didnt get some bad advice from his agent or whoever it was that suggested he get off the JUICE, he would have had a good 10 years under his belt, then he could have made the switch to HGH, look what it did for the Panthers as a team they almost got a ring.

I think statistically the Boz could have made an impact, maybe become a very good NFL player. But he got off the juice and was gone in an instant... But he probably wouldn't have had an easy life as he had.. Imean the guy got like a guranteed 10 year contract.. That is unheard of in the NFL.. He wasn't even a practice squad or backup for all those years but a couple and yet, he still got paid millions.

As far as money is concerned, the Boz got away with murder really. He got 10 years worth of money for really one avg season.

I go with the Vol Heath Shuler.He was a childhood hero of mine as a kid here in my hometown of Knoxville.He was tough as nails and had all the tools.I think he just came out too early and was on some horrible teams in Wash and NO.A foot injury in 99 in NO really sealed his fate and he never really had a chance to play behind a DECENT oline,or team.I know some of you may rip me but honestly,there are worst QB's in the league now that still have jobs that arent even close to Shulers ability.

Yeah you WOULD go with the Vol !! :biggrin:

I think statistically the Boz could have made an impact, maybe become a very good NFL player. But he got off the juice and was gone in an instant... But he probably wouldn't have had an easy life as he had.. Imean the guy got like a guranteed 10 year contract.. That is unheard of in the NFL.. He wasn't even a practice squad or backup for all those years but a couple and yet, he still got paid millions.

As far as money is concerned, the Boz got away with murder really. He got 10 years worth of money for really one avg season.

Good for him. For every Brian Bosworth, there are 1,000 guys the owners ****ed over and wouldn't pay after they got hurt.

Archived