Johnny Damon hurt.

Jet/BosoxFan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This post is a complete off topic bait job.

But look what it did. It was very productive in that it got you to admit being wrong and we had an almost personal attack free discussion afterward. Here I was thinking you'd turned the corner....

But look what it did. It was very productive in that it got you to admit being wrong and we had an almost personal attack free discussion afterward. Here I was thinking you'd turned the corner....
All it did was take this thread 5 pages into off topic BS which is what i was talking about before.

You're gonna get yourself banned dude. If you're gonna bash the yankees fine but at least be accountable for your own team's problems. If not then you're just throwing stones for no reason other then to bait other posters..

In the world of madmike (blind yankee homer) its perfectly fine to ban me for saying Melky Cabrera sucks but all of these other people have been saying far worse things about Melky Cabrera...and nary a word from madmike.

Now dont get me wrong, the next time I care about madmike's opinion will be the first time...I would just like to point out the fact that I was SO on top of the Melky situation. Indeed, many Yankee fans were guilty of overrating this clown just because of his uniform.

In the world of madmike (blind yankee homer) its perfectly fine to ban me for saying Melky Cabrera sucks but all of these other people have been saying far worse things about Melky Cabrera...and nary a word from madmike.

Now dont get me wrong, the next time I care about madmike's opinion will be the first time...I would just like to point out the fact that I was SO on top of the Melky situation. Indeed, many Yankee fans were guilty of overrating this clown just because of his uniform.

I am one of the people who DON'T think you should be banned.

And if you think i'm a blind yankee homer you just haven't been reading my posts.

Who was that Sox relief pitcher about 3 years ago you said would be better than Mariano ? Brandon Lyon.

Good call there bud.

Who was that Sox relief pitcher about 3 years ago you said would be better than Mariano ? Brandon Lyon.

Good call there bud.

More spin, more misquoting, more vitriol...yawn.

It was a discussion about payroll (duh, it was a discussion about the Yankees)

More specifically, it was a discussion (with Maxman) about how much $ you should wrap up in a closer, a pitcher who pitches ONE inning every 3 days or so. Mariano had just signed a big contract with NY and I said something like "I'll take my chances with a guy who makes under a million as opposed to a guy who makes 10+ million" the logic being there will be more $$$ to invest in high OBP guys in the lineup and respectable, battle-tested setup men (arguably as important if not more important than a closer) and so on...versus getting stuck with a bloated contract for ONE reliever. Anyone who knows baseball knows that the AVERAGE lifespan of a closer is 2-3-maybe 4 years. Mariano is certainly an anomoly. It was just last year that Brad Lidge was "untradable" and on his way to becoming the next Rivera. Keith Foulke, track record a mile long and the real 2004 WS/playoff MVP, enjoyed about 5 minutes of goodwill until his fall from grace. ETC...

But it was never a discussion about Mariano-vs-Lyon, rather a comment on payroll itself. I used to be of the school of thought that since NONE of you are as smart as I am, y'all should refrain from putting words in my mouth. At this point I find it 90% amusing and delightful. You guys are so funny when you play these games!

More spin, more misquoting, more vitriol...yawn.

It was a discussion about payroll (duh, it was a discussion about the Yankees)

More specifically, it was a discussion (with Maxman) about how much $ you should wrap up in a closer, a pitcher who pitches ONE inning every 3 days or so. Mariano had just signed a big contract with NY and I said something like "I'll take my chances with a guy who makes under a million as opposed to a guy who makes 10+ million" the logic being there will be more $$$ to invest in high OBP guys in the lineup and respectable, battle-tested setup men (arguably as important if not more important than a closer) and so on...versus getting stuck with a bloated contract for ONE reliever. Anyone who knows baseball knows that the AVERAGE lifespan of a closer is 2-3-maybe 4 years. Mariano is certainly an anomoly. It was just last year that Brad Lidge was "untradable" and on his way to becoming the next Rivera. Keith Foulke, track record a mile long and the real 2004 WS/playoff MVP, enjoyed about 5 minutes of goodwill until his fall from grace. ETC...

But it was never a discussion about Mariano-vs-Lyon, rather a comment on payroll itself. I used to be of the school of thought that since NONE of you are as smart as I am, y'all should refrain from putting words in my mouth. At this point I find it 90% amusing and delightful. You guys are so funny when you play these games!

Flat out lies on that one JBF. You were touting a one week wonder as a guy with a better future than Mariano. Money wasn't a significant part of the discussion. I remember it very well. Your MAIN point (because you said it a million times during that discussion) was that Mariano Rivera was "on the down side of his career" and Lyon was "up and coming" so he would be preferred by 80% of MLB GMs after a good week as a closer. Sorry bud. I'm sure you didn't expect anybody to remember the debate well enough to tell it like it is but there you have it. Mo was "on the downside" and Lyon was "up and coming". By the way..since the time of that proclimation...

Mo Rivera 160 saves

Brandon Lyon 15 saves

Flat out lies on that one JBF. You were touting a one week wonder as a guy with a better future than Mariano. Money wasn't a significant part of the discussion. I remember it very well. Your MAIN point (because you said it a million times during that discussion) was that Mariano Rivera was "on the down side of his career" and Lyon was "up and coming" so he would be preferred by 80% of MLB GMs after a good week as a closer. Sorry bud. I'm sure you didn't expect anybody to remember the debate well enough to tell it like it is but there you have it. Mo was "on the downside" and Lyon was "up and coming". By the way..since the time of that proclimation...

Mo Rivera 160 saves

Brandon Lyon 15 saves

Game

Set

Match

I dont deny at the time saying that Mariano was on the downside of his career...nor do I deny that it was a retarded thing to say. Youre not "catching" me in some kind of lie here...I fully admit to saying all that you said that I said. Yes, I said 90% of GMs would prefer a low salary guy like B. Lyon instead of a high salary guy PROBABLY on the downside of his career because he had been so dominant for so long, etc...

I think you guys will admit that Mariano is an exception to the rule if you can put down the Yankee pom-poms long enough.

But my overall point was that I wouldnt overpay for a closer or anyone else except a good catcher and a great starting pitcher.

But do not try to pin on me that I said Brandon Lyon was better than Mariano Rivera. Actually, go ahead and pin it on me...WTF do I care what you say?

Mo Rivera 160 saves

Brandon Lyon 15 saves

I remember this discussion. It was comical and AirForceJet has you pedded. You are a liar and you did say 80% of Gm's would take Lyon over Mo right now because Mo was on the downside and Lyon was an up and coming force.

Dude....Not that anyone even reads your babble anymore but it makes you even more pathetic lying about stuff your said with such false bravado.

You are the PatsFanTx of the baseball forum. No form,no style ,no substance. All ego and bullsh*t.

Archived