Aaron Ross will be a New York Jet

So deal with it people. He is 24, turning 25 in Mid-September but that is because of his 2 years he was forced to take off between High School and College so it is a very young, 24/25. He is a solid punt returner as well as a sure tackler in the secondary, something the Jets also need against the run. Ross is a guy who can come in here Day 1 and start and fill a much needed need for the Jets. You wanna win championships? Aaron Ross is the type of guy you take. Mutli-purpose threat.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not the Herm Edwards era. We don't need corners who can tackle. If we did Justin Miller would be a sure starter. We need corners who can cover so we can blitz. Ross will not be a Jet imo - but we shall see.

This is not the Herm Edwards era. We don't need corners who can tackle. If we did Justin Miller would be a sure starter. We need corners who can cover so we can blitz. Ross will not be a Jet imo - but we shall see.

Justin Miller is not a good tackler and is time after time over aggressive which leads to him getting beat or grabbing onto the receiver forcing Pass Interference calls. They are two totally different players.

Aaron Ross = the smart pick. The Jets will make the smart pick because it is not the Herman Edwards era.

Justin Miller is not a good tackler and is time after time over aggressive which leads to him getting beat or grabbing onto the receiver forcing Pass Interference calls. They are two totally different players.

Aaron Ross = the smart pick. The Jets will make the smart pick because it is not the Herman Edwards era.

A corner who will be 25 in september and couldn't break the starting lineup against gus who are not exactly lighting it up in the NFL is not a safe pick. If your corners can cover great your blitzers will take care of tacklers. The coaches doin't care about that in this defense.

Ross was an excellent cover corner last season at Texas where he started the entire season and recorded 6 interceptions, also had 3 Punt Returns for Touchdowns during his career. He's a solid tackler, solid cover corner who comes from Texas and Texas makes some very, very good defensive backs.

If the Jets go any other way except for Cornerback at 25, they will be making a tremendous mistake and Ross will most likely be the best one left. McCauley and Houston are other very good options, if Houston is still there.

Ross was an excellent cover corner last season at Texas where he started the entire season and recorded 6 interceptions, also had 3 Punt Returns for Touchdowns during his career. He's a solid tackler, solid cover corner who comes from Texas and Texas makes some very, very good defensive backs.

If the Jets go any other way except for Cornerback at 25, they will be making a tremendous mistake and Ross will most likely be the best one left. McCauley and Houston are other very good options, if Houston is still there.

I like everything about Ross except his age, and experience. I know every player has a problem or two when picking at 25 and I know corner will be a position the Jets will want to get but I'm just not sure Ross will be the guy.

i am just not seeing the upside with this guy. aaron ross is basically the older version of justin miller.

I'd rather pick a good cover corner. The fact that Ross gives up as many plays as he makes and is 2-3 years older than the average prospect makes me say pass.

I'd rather have a corner like Houston who doesn't get as many INTs but does a much better job locking down the WR.

I'd rather pick a good cover corner. The fact that Ross gives up as many plays as he makes and is 2-3 years older than the average prospect makes me say pass.

I'd rather have a corner like Houston who doesn't get as many INTs but does a much better job locking down the WR.

I agree, if we have to take a corner with our first pick I'd like Houston or Revis. I really like to pass on one in the first. Take Blalock with that pick or move down a little and get Blalock or move up a little if Carriker is available. Then in the second take Eric Wright or Weddle in the third. I'm so looking forward to tomorrow.

Blalock is a safer pick however they are gonna need to do something about the secondary sooner or later...

Your right. I think Dyson and Barrett could do just fine. People have to remember, we rushed more players then usual, of course that might hurt us on coverage.

Your right. I think Dyson and Barrett could do just fine. People have to remember, we rushed more players then usual, of course that might hurt us on coverage.

If houston is there I really think the dropoff from him to the next corner the jets will have a shot at in the late 2nd is bigger than the dropoff from Blalock to the next guard the jets could have a shot at...

Dyson is good, Barrett is fair, but both are injury prone.

IMO, the problem with the CB position is that we need a major upgrade or none at all. There is very little room/reason to take a 3-4 round cb. Dyson is a very good (if brittle starter) and will make the team. Barrett is okay, has the ability to start, but should be upgraded if possible. Miller is hit and miss, but makes the team as a kick returner/potential guy in any event. Coleman showed some flashes as a 6th rounder and probably should stick around. To me, whoever we pick up has to beat out Poteat and/or Barrett. A 1st round pick makes the team and maybe we cut Barrett and his big contract. A later/mid round pick is basically a long shot to make the team competing with Barrett, Poteat and Coleman for a spot.

if we are going corner and hall/revis/houston are all gone, i say trade down in the 2nd and pick josh wilson, corner from maryland with one of our 3 2nd round picks. he will be better than ross and he will come alot cheaper.

No need to trade down there. I would just take the BAT a a position of need.

I'm tired of hearing about Chris Houston being there at 25.

Listen, I love Chris Houston and would rather have him but if he is there at 20 or 23, the Giants or Kansas City will take him, I can promise you that. There is no way Houston, unfortunately, will fall into our laps at 25.

Listen, I love Chris Houston and would rather have him but if he is there at 20 or 23, the Giants or Kansas City will take him, I can promise you that. There is no way Houston, unfortunately, will fall into our laps at 25.

that doesn't mean you take an overrated corner too high to compensate.

Stranger things have happened...

Aaron Ross is not over-rated. Justin Blalock is. Greg Olsen is.

ross is definitely overrated in my opinion. not alot, but i wouldn't take him in the first round. i wouldn't even take olsen in the 2nd round. i would take ross or blalock in the early 2nd, maybe blalock if we traded down a few spots in the first.

IMO, the problem with the CB position is that we need a major upgrade or none at all. There is very little room/reason to take a 3-4 round cb. Dyson is a very good (if brittle starter) and will make the team. Barrett is okay, has the ability to start, but should be upgraded if possible. Miller is hit and miss, but makes the team as a kick returner/potential guy in any event. Coleman showed some flashes as a 6th rounder and probably should stick around. To me, whoever we pick up has to beat out Poteat and/or Barrett. A 1st round pick makes the team and maybe we cut Barrett and his big contract. A later/mid round pick is basically a long shot to make the team competing with Barrett, Poteat and Coleman for a spot.

That's a good point and part of the reason why I don't want Ross or Hall or any marginal prospect in the later rounds. We need a #1 CB, we have enough solid guys. I don't see Ross as anything more than a #2 at best, maybe a #1 corner only if he's in the cover 2 but he doesn't fit our defense well. Hall I just see as being a solid starter but nothing special. If we take a later round guy he better have big time potential.

No need to trade down there. I would just take the BAT a a position of need.

that is a possibility, but not something i would do. i think pick 25 unless someone slides, is kind of in no mans land, i would rather trade down into the early-mid 2nd and pick up a few more picks.

That's a good point and part of the reason why I don't want Ross or Hall or any marginal prospect in the later rounds. We need a #1 CB, we have enough solid guys. I don't see Ross as anything more than a #2 at best, maybe a #1 corner only if he's in the cover 2 but he doesn't fit our defense well. Hall I just see as being a solid starter but nothing special. If we take a later round guy he better have big time potential.

You aren't getting a no 1 corner at 25 most times...

Poteat played GREAT football for us last year.

Archived