Ravens | McNair arrested

Smizzy

Ravens | McNair arrested

Thu, 10 May 2007 10:09:41 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens QB Steve McNair was arrested for driving under the influence in Nashville Wednesday, May 9. Although McNair was the passenger in the car, he can be charged with the crime under Tennessee law because he is the owner of the car and was a passenger. It is unknown if McNair was intoxicated at the time of the arrest.

:character0255:

Agreed. McNair is a good Quarterback and it would suck to see him suspended for any amount of time for being somewhat smart and being the passenger when he knew he was drinking, when he probably was. I know that doesn't sound smart because the other person was drunk but he was trying to make it so he didn't get a DUI so I guess its smart in that sense.

Anyway, if he is by chance suspended, lets do it for the first two games so we can face Kyle Boller Week 2 instead of Air McNair.;-)

That is a pile of bulls##t right there. So if I lend someone my car, and that idiot blows over the limit, I would get charged with a dui, that is retarded. I assume then that the driver also gets charged, so that means 2 people get charged for the same offense? And what happens if the car is a rental? What about if it is a lease, because technically the bank owns the car in a lease.

That is a pile of bulls##t right there. So if I lend someone my car, and that idiot blows over the limit, I would get charged with a dui, that is retarded. I assume then that the driver also gets charged, so that means 2 people get charged for the same offense? And what happens if the car is a rental? What about if it is a lease, because technically the bank owns the car in a lease.

rent a car and try it out joe

its comical how high-profiled athletes can't win when it comes to drinking and driving. i mean, pretty much everybody has said hey thats bull he shouldn't have gotten the DUI. mcnair has been a class act throughout his entire career..and WHEN HE DOES THE RIGHT THING BY NOT STEPPING BEHIND THE WHEEL...yet he's penalized for it. of course ESPN and other sports stations just add this to the laundry list of athletes who have gotten DUIs (all others deserved), they put mcnair in that category too. i hope goodell does nothing about it b/c it would be a shame for one of the good guys of the NFL to get a screw job

haha what, how does this make any sense to anyone? Ok so let me get this straight, if you are drunk and you have someone else drive your car, that's DUI? What is the point of the designated driver then? They have to bring their own car? Or is this saying that the driver was also drunk, so if McNair wasn't drunk he'd still be charged? It is clear a woman wrote this.

haha what, how does this make any sense to anyone? Ok so let me get this straight, if you are drunk and you have someone else drive your car, that's DUI? What is the point of the designated driver then? They have to bring their own car? Or is this saying that the driver was also drunk, so if McNair wasn't drunk he'd still be charged? It is clear a woman wrote this.

The driver of the car was drunk and McNair was charged for allowing a drunk guy to drive his car. We have something similar here in Michigan, but of course you have to show that the passenger knowingly allowed a drunk or suspended driver to drive.

either way....mcnair along with most other adults could find a way to rustle up enough money to call a taxi and pick up the car in the morning or call somebody to have them pick you up. again, its still bull that mcnair got penalized

or rustle up enough money for a limo anda driver.

The driver of the car was drunk and McNair was charged for allowing a drunk guy to drive his car. We have something similar here in Michigan, but of course you have to show that the passenger knowingly allowed a drunk or suspended driver to drive.

Yeah its like that in a lot of places... it basically prevents "rich" people from passing the blame onto their stupid friends... its not a terrible law... but not the best either...

They both should have called a taxi... or hell Mcnair could have given someone sober a few hundred bucks to drive them home.

• 1 month later...

Mcnair's charges are dropped, as the driver pled down to reckless driving. Thank god this stupid law did not punish a smart player.

DUI charge against McNair dropped

By TERESA M. WALKER, AP Sports Writer

July 10, 2007

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The drunken-driving charge against Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was dropped Tuesday because a related DUI charge against his brother-in-law was reduced to reckless driving.

McNair was a passenger when Nashville police stopped his pickup truck May 9 for speeding. The former Tennessee Titan was charged because police said McNair allowed his vehicle to be driven by someone who was inebriated, brother-in-law Jamie Cartwright.

Cartwright refused to take a breath test and was charged with drunken driving. Police said he acknowledged drinking two beers, smelled of alcohol and failed a field sobriety test. Cartwright will serve two days in jail within a month, pay a $350 fine and attend DUI school.

Because Cartwright's DUI charge was dropped with his plea bargain, the charge against McNair was dismissed. McNair was in court when Judge Bill Higgins dismissed his charge.

"He tried to do the right thing, what he thought was the right thing in this situation, without knowing that it was a violation of Tennessee law," said his lawyer, Roger May.

May said McNair is now clear on Tennessee's DUI laws.

"He is not an individual I think will be in trouble again," May said.

McNair was arrested on DUI charges once before in Nashville in 2003, when he also was charged with illegal gun possession. But a judge dismissed those charges a year later, ruling police didn't have sufficient reason to pull over McNair.

Mcnair's charges are dropped, as the driver pled down to reckless driving. Thank god this stupid law did not punish a smart player.

By TERESA M. WALKER, AP Sports Writer

July 10, 2007

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The drunken-driving charge against Baltimore Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was dropped Tuesday because a related DUI charge against his brother-in-law was reduced to reckless driving.

McNair was a passenger when Nashville police stopped his pickup truck May 9 for speeding. The former Tennessee Titan was charged because police said McNair allowed his vehicle to be driven by someone who was inebriated, brother-in-law Jamie Cartwright.

Cartwright refused to take a breath test and was charged with drunken driving. Police said he acknowledged drinking two beers, smelled of alcohol and failed a field sobriety test. Cartwright will serve two days in jail within a month, pay a $350 fine and attend DUI school.

Because Cartwright's DUI charge was dropped with his plea bargain, the charge against McNair was dismissed. McNair was in court when Judge Bill Higgins dismissed his charge.

"He tried to do the right thing, what he thought was the right thing in this situation, without knowing that it was a violation of Tennessee law," said his lawyer, Roger May.

May said McNair is now clear on Tennessee's DUI laws.

"He is not an individual I think will be in trouble again," May said.

McNair was arrested on DUI charges once before in Nashville in 2003, when he also was charged with illegal gun possession. But a judge dismissed those charges a year later, ruling police didn't have sufficient reason to pull over McNair.

I wouldnt go as far as calling him smart... smart would have been hiring a sober driver or calling a cab... and not doing similar or worse things just a couple years ago...

right,, in literal terms this is a great law..

Would you be happy if one of your loved ones died because they were hit by mcnairs drunk friend driving mcnairs car, IF mcnair had reasonable knowledge his friend was impaired..i.e. was drinking with the guy at a bar all night etc..

right,, in literal terms this is a great law..

Would you be happy if one of your loved ones died because they were hit by mcnairs drunk friend driving mcnairs car, IF mcnair had reasonable knowledge his friend was impaired..i.e. was drinking with the guy at a bar all night etc..

Holy **** we agree! :thumbup:

And with a good lawyer (which you know he will have) this will get thrown out of court, without a doubt.

And with a good lawyer (which you know he will have) this will get thrown out of court, without a doubt.

lol do you read the threads?

This is an old thread... and was just bumped to inform us that the charges were dropped...

Archived