if someone needed some sort of help...

oktaren

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's easy to sit on an internet message board and say you would do $hit just like you see in the movies. To be honest, I don't know if I would help. There are plenty of situations where I would but if it came down to leaving my wife without a husband and my kids without a father I really don't know. I guess I would have to be in that situation.

pussy!!! hahaha, j/k ya big galoot!

Well then you are the perfect human being. I tremble in your presence.

well thank you. im not perfect by any means, but i will always help anyone in danger, as i hope anyone else in the same situation would do.

well thank you. im not perfect by any means, but i will always help anyone in danger, as i hope anyone else in the same situation would do.

Like I said, I would help people in danger in alot of ways. But if there's a damn good chance I'm going to get killed in the process, I think I would be out. But also like I said I really wouldn't know how I would react unless it was actually happening which I hope it never does.

how are we s'posed to believe that you would help anyone out.... ever.... in real life. it seems to me you're sole purpose of posting here is either self praise or annoying the crap out of others. you show little to no class here & zero respect for other posters.

i'd rather take my chances with alk thanks.

Like I said, I would help people in danger in alot of ways. But if there's a damn good chance I'm going to get killed in the process, I think I would be out. But also like I said I really wouldn't know how I would react unless it was actually happening which I hope it never does.

Yep, that's pretty much how I feel. I've tried to help people in danger, but I've never faced a gunman and I hope I never do.

Seems to go against your stated desire to eradicate the human race.

Yep, that's pretty much how I feel. I've tried to help people in danger, but I've never faced a gunman and I hope I never do.

Seems to go against your stated desire to eradicate the human race.

i never said i desired to eradicate the human race, i said that i wouldn't be unhappy if it had happened. that still has nothing to do with individual people.

i never said i desired to eradicate the human race, i said that i wouldn't be unhappy if it had happened. that still has nothing to do with individual people.

Well of course you wouldn't be unhappy because your a$$ would be dead too. Unless you're insinuating that you are an alien which really wouldn't surprise me in the least.

how are we s'posed to believe that you would help anyone out.... ever.... in real life. it seems to me you're sole purpose of posting here is either self praise or annoying the crap out of others. you show little to no class here & zero respect for other posters.

i'd rather take my chances with alk thanks.

im not here to make you believe that i would help anyone. that isn't the point of the conversation, its just asking whether or not people would help someone out in danger. i don't really care about me or anyone else proving it, just what people think they would do in the situation.

classiness is overrated in my opinion, and i really don't care how i come off to other people, that isn't the point of being here. the point is conversation with fellow football and jets fans. if you don't want to see my posts, there is an ignore button, use it.

Well of course you wouldn't be unhappy because your a$$ would be dead too. Unless you're insinuating that you are an alien which really wouldn't surprise me in the least.

well, that depends on what you believe. many people believe that they can think after death. i don't, but many do. either way, the idea of human eradication is what doesn't make me unhappy, not just the actual eradication itself. and who is to say that the extermination would be instant? i doubt it would be, so therefore, some people would be left to live to think about the actual extermination.

im not here to make you believe that i would help anyone. that isn't the point of the conversation, its just asking whether or not people would help someone out in danger. i don't really care about me or anyone else proving it, just what people think they would do in the situation.

classiness is overrated in my opinion, and i really don't care how i come off to other people, that isn't the point of being here. the point is conversation with fellow football and jets fans. if you don't want to see my posts, there is an ignore button, use it.

kind of a silly question for yer fellow football fans ain't it? who here is gonna say- no, i'd either run away or look the other way. the fact is no one really knows how they would react in a crisis til faced with it. So you're the guy who woulda rushed the gunman at v t instead of crouching behind a desk...........right........... this is fact. no one who posts here would know what they would do in that classroom at the time.

ignore button? no thanks. I'm just gonna get in the face of people who annoy me. sound familiar?

kind of a silly question for yer fellow football fans ain't it? who here is gonna say- no, i'd either run away or look the other way. the fact is no one really knows how they would react in a crisis til faced with it. So you're the guy who woulda rushed the gunman at v t instead of crouching behind a desk...........right........... this is fact. no one who posts here would know what they would do in that classroom at the time.

ignore button? no thanks. I'm just gonna get in the face of people who annoy me. sound familiar?

i don't mind, im just sayin, if you don't want to read my posts, its alot easier to use the ignore button. if not, fine, but im not gonna change :)

i of course would have rushed the gunman at vt, just like in any other situation. they are even teaching children today to throw books at the gunman in a school shooting. so its not like its unthinkable to stand up for yourself and fellow innocent humans in those situations. its just that most people are pussies and wouldn't help anyone in any situation.

and no, its not a stupid question, if you look through the posts a few people did say they wouldn't have anything to do with the confrontation. and many people know what they are going to do in these situations, because they know how to think, and one of the things i think about in those situations is what i would have done. and its obvious that i would rather get shot fighting back for our lives instead of sitting back in the back of the classroom while a single teacher fights for my life. no, it isn't a hard decision.

i don't mind, im just sayin, if you don't want to read my posts, its alot easier to use the ignore button. if not, fine, but im not gonna change :)

i of course would have rushed the gunman at vt, just like in any other situation. they are even teaching children today to throw books at the gunman in a school shooting. so its not like its unthinkable to stand up for yourself and fellow innocent humans in those situations. its just that most people are pussies and wouldn't help anyone in any situation.

and no, its not a stupid question, if you look through the posts a few people did say they wouldn't have anything to do with the confrontation. and many people know what they are going to do in these situations, because they know how to think, and one of the things i think about in those situations is what i would have done. and its obvious that i would rather get shot fighting back for our lives instead of sitting back in the back of the classroom while a single teacher fights for my life. no, it isn't a hard decision.

what you fail to realize my tough & mighty friend is that you in fact have no idea how you would react when that rush of adrenlin hits you as you are confronted with a gun pointed at you. it is in fact a reaction, not something you make a decision about

what you fail to realize my tough & mighty friend is that you in fact have no idea how you would react when that rush of adrenlin hits you as you are confronted with a gun pointed at you. it is in fact a reaction, not something you make a decision about

i have been in the situation before. and if you are a calm and cooled individual, you can still make decisions in the heat of the moment.

i have been in the situation before. and if you are a calm and cooled individual, you can still make decisions in the heat of the moment.

do tell. what happened when a gunmen tried to kill you. cause anyone in that classroom who tried to rush that gunmen would be dead & not around to brag about how they subdued him

do tell. what happened when a gunmen tried to kill you. cause anyone in that classroom who tried to rush that gunmen would be dead & not around to brag about how they subdued him

what are you talking about?

first...i never said rushing the gunman is the only solution, its different in different situations. there was plenty of time for people in the classrooms who weren't being shot up at the time, to be ready in case he came to their room. its obvious because 3 people did protect those in their classrooms by barracading their door, while other people hid in fear while they waited to get shot. on top of that, no one tried to RUSH the gunman, so we don't know what would have happened in that situation. if the best thing to do is hide, guess what, no one will stop the gunman and he will end up killing everyone, yeah, good idea.

as for what happened to me.

i was homeless for 3 years or so and was in quite a few bad situations. on just one occassion a man wanted to go to a house party that one of my friends was throwing. the guy was a dangerous guy and ended up showing up at the party even though he knew he was unwanted. he had a gun and he was waving it around at people. he ended up pointing it at someone and three of us jumped him as quick as we could. that was just one situation, there have been others.

what are you talking about?

first...i never said rushing the gunman is the only solution, its different in different situations. there was plenty of time for people in the classrooms who weren't being shot up at the time, to be ready in case he came to their room. its obvious because 3 people did protect those in their classrooms by barracading their door, while other people hid in fear while they waited to get shot. on top of that, no one tried to RUSH the gunman, so we don't know what would have happened in that situation. if the best thing to do is hide, guess what, no one will stop the gunman and he will end up killing everyone, yeah, good idea.

as for what happened to me.

i was homeless for 3 years or so and was in quite a few bad situations. on just one occassion a man wanted to go to a house party that one of my friends was throwing. the guy was a dangerous guy and ended up showing up at the party even though he knew he was unwanted. he had a gun and he was waving it around at people. he ended up pointing it at someone and three of us jumped him as quick as we could. that was just one situation, there have been others.

I highlighted the key areas there.

I highlighted the key areas there.

yeah, we did. i wasn't in the room when it started, i walk in and the guy is waving the gun in the air saying he can be at any party he wants. he then pointed it at a girl and three of us, at the same time, jumped him and fought with the guy for the gun. there were over 50 people in the room and only three of us did anything. pretty ****ing sad.

i was homeless for 3 years or so and was in quite a few bad situations. on just one occassion a man wanted to go to a house party that one of my friends was throwing.

Homeless people throw the best house parties.

So just so we're clear on this. You're criticizing us because we question whether we would single handedly jump a man with a gun and call us pussies because you claim to have done so in the past. Then the story comes out that you had two other guys helping? My trembling is a little less severe all of the sudden superman.

So just so we're clear on this. You're criticizing us because we question whether we would single handedly jump a man with a gun and call us pussies because you claim to have done so in the past. Then the story comes out that you had two other guys helping? My trembling is a little less severe all of the sudden superman.

i didn't ask the other people to help...they were just willing to do so at the same time as me. i didn't even know them, they just happened to be good citizens as well.

by the way, im not criticizing you, you can do as you want and have no one to answer to but yourselves, i just find it very sad that more people will not help people in danger. it really has nothing to do with my situation, joewilly asked what situations i have been in and i gave him one example.

i didn't ask the other people to help...they were just willing to do so at the same time as me. i didn't even know them, they just happened to be good citizens as well.

by the way, im not criticizing you, you can do as you want and have no one to answer to but yourselves, i just find it very sad that more people will not help people in danger. it really has nothing to do with my situation, joewilly asked what situations i have been in and i gave him one example.

in this thread you are all about helping people in danger but in the drug thread you are advocating not snitching on drug dealers. hypocrite

newsflash: there are more people in danger due to drug dealers than being approached by a gunman

in this thread you are all about helping people in danger but in the drug thread you are advocating not snitching on drug dealers. hypocrite

newsflash: there are more people in danger due to drug dealers than being approached by a gunman

drug dealers sell to willing customers, something violence victims are not.

I am generally fine with speaking out if I see someone getting messed with for no reason and the person obviously can not handle themself. A few months ago I was on the subway heading out to Bklyn to meet up with this cute little blonde, and of course my mind was wondering there so I totally messed up and ended up in a dump of a station in a rough section of brooklyn. The station was nearly deserted, but then I hear the mouths of a group of punks talking #### to someone, and when they got to the platform, is was a bunch of ghetto thugs, 3, totaly harassing some hisidic jewish kid. The kid was just a total mess, like 15 years old and a skinny little toothpick with cokebottle glasses, and the thugs were just your average 18 year old punk ghetto black kids who have seen one too many gangsta videos on tv. Anyway, they were saying some horrible stuff to the kid and the few bystanders were just making like they didn't see or hear it. I started out by just staring them down, then as soon as i felt one of them was going to say something to me, i just smirked and walked up to them and said i was trying to decide which one i was going to toss into the oncoming train, and which one i was going to take the eyeballs from. Of course the exact phrases I said I just can't say here, but it was definitely effective.They left the kid alone and decided to wait for the next train after me. Of course it all could have blown up in my face if one of them had a gun or something, but sometimes I just lose my temper and my common sense with it.

Joe-you are BATMAN!!!

Depends.

If it was an uneven fight, yes. If the numbers were even, no.

As for helping people with tires and jump starting their cars, usually no, unless its a good day, I'm always in a rush when I'm out it seems.

Ahhh, this is where it is from, lol. Well, i don't know if i am batman, but i do have some pics of a friend of mine who could be called batgirl, SFJ I think I shared those with you at some point? lol

LOL....that was definitely an eye (and something else) opening shot

oh yea there's this newslady down here named Chandra Bill (you can look her up I'm sure) and when the Yankees beat the Braves in Jeter's 1st World Series I was playing a Holloween party that she was dressed in a skintight Batgirl outfit-I've yet to get over that site...YOWZER

Archived