Tank Johnson suspended for 8 games.

Alk

Damn. I expected only 4-6 for him since he was cooperating, guess Goodell doesn't care. I don't think his arrests were as bad as Chris Henry, but, oh well. Doesn't affect the Jets.

Damn. I expected only 4-6 for him since he was cooperating, guess Goodell doesn't care. I don't think his arrests were as bad as Chris Henry, but, oh well. Doesn't affect the Jets.

It can turn into 6 games if he behaves or something like that. I didn't catch the whole thing on espn. I for one am glad these millionaires are finally getting some responsibilities placed upon them. Goodell is doing fantastic.

He said Monday he bears no ill will toward the league officials who decided to suspend him. "I feel like if this is what they feel is the sanction that is correct, then it's in the best interest of the National Football League," Johnson said. "I'm a proud member of the National Football League, and I want to be that for a long time."

I sure hope he means this and realizes its time to be an adult.

Doubt it... but I hope Im wrong.

If he acts right I think 6 is fair. 4 games, IMO would be a slap on the wrist. 6 games is enough to hurt his pocket and enough to have him iching to get on the field. The "8" game option helps the commish keep his image of being tough.

Don't think so Alk. I think Johnson will man up. Sounded like he was glad he wouldn't have to tank the whole season :bag: . (sorry I just couldn't resist)

Pacman sounded the same way but he changed his tune the next day.

Archived