Dolphins | Team will likely try to trade Culpepper

Smizzy

Dolphins | Team will likely try to trade Culpepper

Tue, 5 Jun 2007 20:46:22 -0700

Greg Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to attempt to trade QB Daunte Culpepper quickly. If a deal cannot be found, the team will likely release Culpepper.

:character0255:

Amazing how much he has fallen. A few years ago he was looking like a MVP and now he is about to be cut. I highly doubt anyone trades for him.

Even at his peak of '04 he was never great. He WAS a great fantasy QB but always folded in clutch situations. Miami overpaid for him last year and they will be lucky to get a late rd pick for him this year.

I would like to see Culpepper be successful. He was really good a few years ago. But injuries have slowed him down significantly. If the Raiders pick him up he would be a good teacher for Russell.

That said, but I can not see him having much trade value. Now that the Dolphins have Green, teams do not have to give them much of anything for Culpepper. In fact I might wait for him to be released if I have an interest.

Even at his peak of '04 he was never great. He WAS a great fantasy QB but always folded in clutch situations.

Sorry I have to disagree. 39 TDs in the regular season doesn't happen by accident. Now I'm not saying he is an elite QB but he was a good QB for a few years. He may have folded in the clutch but that can be said for quite a few QBs.

Who the **** is going to trade for Noodle Legs Culpepper with his injury problems the past 2+ years and his bloaded contract? They're going to end up releasing him because they like Lemon and obviously John Beck.

Sorry I have to disagree. 39 TDs in the regular season doesn't happen by accident. Now I'm not saying he is an elite QB but he was a good QB for a few years. He may have folded in the clutch but that can be said for quite a few QBs.

39 TDs but 8 wins in a weak division and conference. He still cost them 3-4 games that year which was the difference btw squeaking in at 8-8 and getting a bye and homefield in the div rd. Stats are nice but wins are more important. 8 wins in that pathetic division and conference was not good. Daunte, when healthy, will be a good fantasy QB but he'll always kill you in the big spot.

yeah it happens when you have the fastest receiver this league has seen in 20 years. daunte is a worthless bum, unless he is given talent he will not produce. He is no where near Drew Brees status where he can make everyone around him better, he is quite the opposite, a bum.

Archived